GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Person of Interest #1080135
08/29/16 04:29 AM
08/29/16 04:29 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I just finished the series. I wish CBS had the good sense to continue it since the ending left open the idea that the story continues, even with some characters missing.

I liked that in the episode set in Washington DC the main team working with The Machine discovered it had actually turned people they saved into teams helping others. It makes sense that maybe there were hundreds such groups since the Machine could cover the entire planet and a handful of people only saving people in NYC really didn't make sense.

Click to reveal..

I never liked Root so her demise did not upset me, surprised me because I didn't think they'd actually killer her off. It was revealing that Elias had survived the previous season attempt on his life only tg kill him off for real that disappointed me. Semeritan was wrong Elias wasn't a force for chaos, in his own way he was a source of order, keeping the criminal gangs of NYC under his single control. Destroying his power base than killing him off would actually bring disorder as the gangs fight among themselves again.

I always figured that lunatic Greer would be killed by the computer system he helped build than worshiped it as a false god. So I wsasn't surprised when it killed him trying to get Finch.

Of course John Reese's death in the finale was sad.

I wish I could hear Harold Finch explaining why he let his girlfriend think he was dead for years, when he suddenly shows up on a street in France beside her. Did he tell her the truth?

The final scene was wrong. Among all those white squares their should have been a yellow one marking Shaw out as "Prime Asset" or even the new "Admin".

The defeat of the bad guy's computer Samaritan made sense. How else are you going to destroy the most advanced computer system on the planet but with a computer virus.

I liked this show despite my aversion to fiction about world dominating computers. As an old aquitance of mine once said "there can never be true artificial intelligence. because a computer cannot say 'maybe.'" All its choices are "yes" or "no", "1" or "0", "on" or "off':, A machine no matter how advanced cannot think nor is it alive.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 08/29/16 02:41 PM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Person of Interest [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1080136
08/29/16 05:26 AM
08/29/16 05:26 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
It was one of my favorite shows Guybrush. I'm glad they left the door open to a possible sequel!

Gerry
Re: Person of Interest [Re: Kaki's Sister] #1080389
08/30/16 07:30 PM
08/30/16 07:30 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
i have never seen the show but I have several friends who really enjoy it. Hopefully they will bring it back for the fans.

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 533 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users