GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#109727 - 10/06/05 02:07 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
WOW! and happydance bravo What a terrific game!! I finished it and I love it! BUT I WANT MORE!!!
I readjusted that pedestal and went on my merry way, got another Bahro who was a bit picky over a drawing of mine but finally got it right. Now I'm sorry its over - it cannot be the end of MYST forever, there are too many ages to finish exploring and many more ages can be written if they want to. May just replay this in a different mode so have a bit more freedom. It definitely is a keeper for me.
Guess I'll go crack NiBiRu now (after lunch of course).
Thanks for all your help guys. See ya around GB
Love, Betty Lou :kiss:

#109728 - 09/29/05 03:48 PM Myst V
Bleumoon Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Midwest USA)
I'm so frustrated with this game, I've almost lost interest. Are they shooting for the rocket scientist demographic or what mad

I've had to resort to the walkthru, yet even so I can't get the heat to raise the valves so I can turn them. ON THE HUTS...when you need to turn the door levers right of left..which end of the lever should be pointing right or left?...the smaller or the larger?

When the Bahro "turns on the heat", how can you tell?

HELP please cry

#109729 - 09/29/05 04:47 PM Re: Myst V
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Blue,

The valves on the six huts must all be pulled to the right. I can't remember the lever config, but I remember it was simple.. only two positions available, left or right.

When you draw the HEAT symbol properly, the Bahro raises his hands to the sky and there is a blibing light. Then you have 90 seconds to set the blue/red valves.

Remember that once you get the HEAT symbol drawn successfully once, it will appear as an icon on your slate so you don't have to redraw it again...just click the icon.

Dadguy

#109731 - 09/30/05 07:32 PM Re: Myst V
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Bleumoon posted:

I can't get across the lake.
I'm following the walkthru..have the switches in the correct positions... I can begin to move across the lake, but can't get off on the other side.

?????

--------------------
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
Carl Sagan

#109733 - 09/30/05 07:35 PM Re: Myst V
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by MaG:
Bleumoon posted:

I can't get across the lake.
I'm following the walkthru..have the switches in the correct positions... I can begin to move across the lake, but can't get off on the other side.

?????
Bleumoon, are you trying to step onto the far bank at the correct spot on the bacteria path? I only found one spot where I could do that...

#109734 - 09/30/05 07:41 PM Re: Myst V
Bleumoon Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Midwest USA)
I get to the other side but I can't step off...I've cruised along the entire far bank.

Is the correct spot to the left, right, center?

It shouldn't be this difficult.

#109735 - 09/30/05 07:43 PM Re: Myst V
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleumoon:
I get to the other side but I can't step off...I've cruised along the entire far bank.

Is the correct spot to the left, right, center?

It shouldn't be this difficult.
The only spot I was able to step off; there is a little part sort of jutting towards the pond from the far bank. It's a bit left of the center. So, I just took a step past the center, turned right and hopped off.

#109737 - 09/30/05 09:19 PM Re: Myst V
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Blue,

Also, if you FALL OFF the path that is there for you, you will not be able to exit on the other side. You'll know by the slight drop in height if you fall off.

Aslo, if the HEAT times-out (stops) the path will disappear and you won't be able to get off on the other side... you'll have to return and start the heat again.

Dadguy

#109738 - 10/02/05 08:07 PM Re: Myst V
Dhart53 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: N.C.
I seem to have lost my last posting on this game, therefore, I apologize if I have posted on the wrong thread...but I am at my wits end. I have gotten to the top of the lab...drawn the snake on the slate and dropped it on the floor...(yes I was in front of the large lense and I saw the "door" open on the little island)...however, I am unable to get down all those ladders and stairs, to the pedestal,out of the linking bubble, through the cave to the other side of the island and across the water before the "door"
closes. It is always closed when I get to the beach. Have I done something wrong? Is there a trick to it?

#109739 - 10/02/05 08:15 PM Re: Myst V
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Dhart,

NOBELEN method for getting to the "Rock door" in time:

OK, here is the key to what you are missing...

DON'T go down via the ladders and such.... use the linking pedestal behind you to link to Pedestal #1, then from there RUN (hold the shift key down while you left-click) to the tunnel and across the water to the door. When you do it this way, you will get there so early that you will have to wait for a minute before the door opens!!

Let us know if this does it for you.

Dadguy

#109740 - 10/02/05 09:02 PM Re: Myst V
Dhart53 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: N.C.
Well, I tried it your way. The first time it worked. I listened to Esher...went into the bubble and linked back to Direbo. The slate was not on the pedestal and there was no house, only the brideges. So I tried it again and the door does not open. OOOPS!?????

#109741 - 10/03/05 06:48 AM Re: Myst V
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

OK, Dhart,

1. Did you touch the bluish glowing slate in the center of the bubble in the Keep?

2. Did you make a note of the symbol on the pedestal in the Keep so you could draw it on your slate and make a permanant link to the Keep?

If you touched the bluish glowing slate, you are done with the Age, so there is nothing else to do. In the future you might consider waiting to touch the bluish slate until after you make a link to the Keep so you can visit again...

Dadguy

#109811 - 10/03/05 12:19 PM Myst 5
sami5901 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Tacoma Wa. 98445
I'm stuck trying to go back to reset the machine for the Docking tram. When I go back the walkway is blocked again with the cable. I move the cable to get by reset the machine and an able to go back and climb down the tram ,but then I can't get the power to work there. What have I missed? Todelmer Thanks Diane

#109812 - 10/03/05 01:30 PM Re: Myst 5
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Dianne,

To reset the tram, you have to move the switch on top to the LEFT, then click the button. When it reaches the farthest left distance (i.e., right up against the dock on the other side) the switch will no longer have any effect. So, as a test, see if it will move RIGHT once, then turn it to the LEFT again and click the bottom switch till it goes no farther.

Other than that, I'll have to experiment to see what might cause this.

Cheers,

Dadguy

#109813 - 10/03/05 02:26 PM Re: Myst 5
sami5901 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Tacoma Wa. 98445
I have no idea why my path was blocked but I moved the cables again and was able to get to the top controls. Rode the tram and finished Todelmer.Now I'm on to Noloben. Thanks for your help. Diane

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Sherlock, Cathy1, shroeder, CanukDenis, BobH, oldbroad, BrownEyedTigre, jimrh69, Marian, 1 invisible), 69 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users