GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Return To Zork #112637
11/26/02 09:56 AM
11/26/02 09:56 AM
OXON, UK.
Rick36 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Rick36  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

OXON, UK.
I am at the closing stages of the game in front of the Citadel Bridge. I through some stuff at it and was encouraged by the game's prompt to continue. So I threw everything I had at it but it did not allow me to cross.

I eventually consulted a walk through where the list of items was given. I have all of these and throw them all in, but still cannot get the bridge to come up fully.

There are a few things I did/did not do in the game and wonder if these are having an effect.

1) I did not pay the ferryman upon returning from Canuk's house, I just showed him the coin again (I know...what a cheapskate!), so I have retained this in my inventory so I actually have more in my inventory than the WT (it doesn't work even if I throw everything in and leave the coin in my inventory).

2) I completely forgot to go to the Inn of Isenough, but after consulting the WT I did not think it necessary as the WT does not mention it either. You do not appear to get anything from the Inn.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fully activate the bridge and move on to meet my foe? There is not a certain order that items need to be thrown in is there??

Re: Return To Zork #112638
11/26/02 10:08 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi Rick,

Here's a thorough explanations about How to raise the lava bridge . It explains what you need to throw and such.

Hope that partial wt for that specific topic answers all the questions.

MaG

Re: Return To Zork #112639
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Hi Rick--

I know a lot of people get stuck here. I played it years ago and vaguely remember the same problem but managed to get the right stuff to throw. Here is what the walkthrough said that I used:

At this point you must have the following in inventory:

shield, helmet, arrows, fairy dust,sword, hay, book, bonding plant, fear necklace, knife, tele-orb, thermozz, illuminite, mirror, wire, zorkmids, matches, box, talon,, puzzle, metal thing, boos keys, flask, bow,rope, witch stick, carrots, rag, gold key. At this point the instructions are to start throwing everything into the fire - when enough objects are thrown in the bridge will raise.

I don't know if you need all this stuff, if it even makes a difference (the hints book I have said you have to have at least 7 inventory objects to throw in - just not which ones) - but I had all of it and I made it across okay.

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Return To Zork #112640
11/26/02 10:45 AM
11/26/02 10:45 AM
Oslo, Norway
Carolin Offline
Settled Boomer
Carolin  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oslo, Norway
Hello.

I was also stuck here, but found out you needed to get more hay and milk (from the Cow) don't forget you warm your hands first...

I haven't lost it, I just can't find it....
Re: Return To Zork #112641
11/27/02 03:19 AM
11/27/02 03:19 AM
OXON, UK.
Rick36 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Rick36  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

OXON, UK.
Well, thanks all for your help. I have managed to finish, but still a slightly different way. I took the partial WT's advice and went to get the diseased mice and the bat droppings, but the blacksmith had no coins for me to pick up so once again I was stuck.

But I had a brainwave and went back to the zorkmid tree with my sword, but the sword did not work!!! I'll never finish this game mad

But wait a minute what is that shiny round thing on the ground under the right hand branch. A solitary zorkmid! thumbsup Hoorah!

The rest is history, well Morphius is anyway.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 278 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users