Greetings, just found this thread and wanted to chime in on details for the Morpheus remake I have been working on.
- This is a faithful 1:1 remake of the original game
- Currently using the original released-to-CD assets
- I am building apps which wrap the web page into something which feels like a native application for mac, PC, linux, iOS and Android
- I plan on releasing to the various app stores for a nominal (<$5) price, but it's never really been about the money. I'll probably keep it free to play on the website in some fashion
- I have most of the original unmastered, uncompressed Morpheus assets and 3D models. After releasing the game, my next project will be to remaster all of the assets in to a high resolution version (Morpheus HD)
The game is ~95% complete. I am currently writing a fully automated play through of the entire game before a final re-write of the rendering engine to increase performance and reduce memory usage. There are a couple of bugs that block the player. The game also needs a little more polish (loading screen, start screen, do something other than crash at the end of the game, etc...).
Here are some ways you can follow the development:
- On Twitter https://twitter.com/dev_morpheus
- On Itch.io https://soapbubble.itch.io/
- On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MorpheusGame/
- On Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyuVxOQF3M2d1Q2U65GSaVw
The game engine I wrote in pursuit of remaking Morpheus is open source https://github.com/soap-bubble/morpheus.
Later on I'll add some more documentation and tools for creating new games in the style of Morpheus.