GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Exploration in Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (Riddle of the Tomb)? #1136022
12/21/17 06:42 PM
12/21/17 06:42 PM
The Netherlands
R
RichAlexis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
RichAlexis  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
R

The Netherlands
I've read some reviews about Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (Riddle of the Tomb), including Looney4Labs' one on this site of course, and I've gathered it's very brief, extremely linear and plot-driven (apart from the fact that apparently your choice of various astrological signs as your avatar will influence the plot).

As I've become a huge fan of the movie Agora (2009) - not surprising since the lasting impression Carl Sagan's excellent classic TV series Cosmos made on me some decades before, I'm thinking of buying the game even if just for the locations of the Library of Alexandria and the Pharos lighthouse. Yes, I know that the game is set more than 4 centuries before the movie, but it's still the same location with the familiar landmarks.

So, I was wondering, is there any opportunity to explore these locations freely in a kind of 'visit mode', or ability to revisit them after playing the game? I don't think there are any time constraints that push you to solve riddles or mysteries, but are you forced in just one direction around these places to get the job done? Is the library always shown infested with crododiles? wink12

I don't think there's any background information either, like an encyclopedia?

This is also because I consider doing a screen recording of some Alexandria locations afterwards for educational purposes.

christmas

Very Merry Christmas Wishes to you all!

Rich

Re: Exploration in Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (Riddle of the Tomb)? [Re: RichAlexis] #1136024
12/21/17 07:02 PM
12/21/17 07:02 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I don't recall anything like what you are asking, RichAlexis, but it's a great game!

Merry CHristmas to you too!

Ana wave12

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Exploration in Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (Riddle of the Tomb)? [Re: RichAlexis] #1136141
12/23/17 01:57 AM
12/23/17 01:57 AM
Kiev, Ukraine
Iurii Offline
Addicted Boomer
Iurii  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kiev, Ukraine
No, it seems that you can't walk around there for free...
Older Cryo games did have 'Visit' mode, but not newer Kheops games. That is, you can visit (almost) all the locations in 'Egypt' and 'Egypt II', but not in 'Egypt III".

Re: Exploration in Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (Riddle of the Tomb)? [Re: Iurii] #1136545
12/27/17 07:28 AM
12/27/17 07:28 AM
The Netherlands
R
RichAlexis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
RichAlexis  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
R

The Netherlands
Thank you for your replies, Ana and Iurii!

Good to know there is no real exploration or visit mode. At least there are no timed puzzles, so that would give me some leeway to look around.

I'd like to buy the game anyway, because the visuals are very nice, and the classic themes appear to make sense. I had a look at some gameplay videos, and the American voice acting struck me as sometimes loud and harsh, and the dialogue hokey, with some childish slang. That's why I consider getting the German version. I don't know if it is any better, but it's just my intuition it may be a bit more level-headed.

I tried my hand at some games in the original French, but while I did get on, all those often fancy scientific terms you come across in edutainment games (historical, botanical, martial etc.) were a bit too taxing for me to really enjoy the game and to make good progress. I'm not that pedantic - yet! wink12

Best,

Rich

Re: Exploration in Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (Riddle of the Tomb)? [Re: RichAlexis] #1136625
12/28/17 07:12 AM
12/28/17 07:12 AM
Revachol
F
Fireflower Offline
Settled Boomer
Fireflower  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Revachol
Hope you will like it. :)

Play story rich DRM-free games. Have fun and improve the world - https://fireflowergames.com/
Re: Exploration in Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (Riddle of the Tomb)? [Re: Fireflower] #1136633
12/28/17 09:35 AM
12/28/17 09:35 AM
The Netherlands
R
RichAlexis Offline OP
Settled Boomer
RichAlexis  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
R

The Netherlands
Hi Kristian,

I had a just look at your site at Fireflower Games. I see that you offer lots of really nice games for download, and DRM-free at that. That's a very good option to have, although so far I've only bought physical games. But I guess I'd rather offer you the deal than Jeff Bezos at $100 billion! crazy (It's a crazy world, but it's the one we live in).

I see that Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny is on your site as well, and the trailer you have embedded suggests that there is a British-spoken version as well as the American version I've come across a number of times. Really odd, I didn't know that games would have both British and American localized versions. So, do you sell the British version on your site?

Generally speaking, it's another great bonus to see you offer multilingual versions of many games, going by the designation 'EFIGS' (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish). I take it this means each download contains all these language options? In such a way that, if you have installed the game, and played it in English, you can reinstall it and play it in German or French?

Best,

Rich

Re: Exploration in Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (Riddle of the Tomb)? [Re: RichAlexis] #1136685
12/28/17 07:27 PM
12/28/17 07:27 PM
Revachol
F
Fireflower Offline
Settled Boomer
Fireflower  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Revachol
Originally Posted By: RichAlexis
Hi Kristian,

I had a just look at your site at Fireflower Games. I see that you offer lots of really nice games for download, and DRM-free at that. That's a very good option to have, although so far I've only bought physical games. But I guess I'd rather offer you the deal than Jeff Bezos at $100 billion! crazy (It's a crazy world, but it's the one we live in).

I see that Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny is on your site as well, and the trailer you have embedded suggests that there is a British-spoken version as well as the American version I've come across a number of times. Really odd, I didn't know that games would have both British and American localized versions. So, do you sell the British version on your site?

Generally speaking, it's another great bonus to see you offer multilingual versions of many games, going by the designation 'EFIGS' (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish). I take it this means each download contains all these language options? In such a way that, if you have installed the game, and played it in English, you can reinstall it and play it in German or French?

Best,

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks. :)

Not sure if it's a British or American version, I have to check that. I'll get back to you when I have.

Yes, if it says EFIGS it includes all those languages. Sometimes it can be separate download files for each language. You should be able to play it in different languages, don't think that should be a problem.

Play story rich DRM-free games. Have fun and improve the world - https://fireflowergames.com/
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Graphium_Studio), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users