Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. The world’s oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9,000 years old!
20. A coyote can hear a mouse moving underneath a foot of snow.
21. Bolts of lightning can shoot out of an erupting volcano.
22. New York drifts about one inch farther away from London each year.
23. A U.S. dollar bill can be folded approximately 4,000 times in the same place before it will tear.
24. A sneeze travels about 100 miles per hour.
21. Earth has traveled more than 5,000 miles in the past 5 minutes.
22. It would take a sloth one month to travel one mile.
23. 10% of the World’s population is left handed.
24. A broken clock is right two times every day.
25. According to Amazon, the most highlighted books on Kindle are the Bible, the Steve Jobs biography, and The Hunger Games.
26. Bob Marley’s last words to his son before he died were “Money can’t buy life.”
27. A mole can dig a tunnel that is 300 feet long in only one night.
28. A hippo’s wide open mouth is big enough to fit a 4-foot-tall child in.
29. Chewing gum while you cut an onion will help keep you from crying.
30. If you were to stretch a Slinky out until it’s flat, it would measure 87 feet long.
31. Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer
32. There are more collect calls on Father’s Day than on any other day of the year.
33. Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.
34. 95% of people text things they could never say in person.
35. A crocodile can’t poke its tongue out.
36. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
37. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
137. Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
138. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
139. Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
140. What is called a “French kiss” in the English-speaking world is known as an “English kiss” in France.
141. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
142. The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its’ heads enables it to see all four feet at all times!
143. Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food!
144. Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
145. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
146. In France, it is legal to marry a dead person.
147. Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto.
148. There’s an opera house on the U.S.–Canada border where the stage is in one country and half the audience is in another.
149. The harder you concentrate on falling asleep, the less likely to fall asleep.
150. You can’t hum while holding your nose closed.
151. Women have twice as many pain receptors on their body than men. But a much higher pain tolerance.
152. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world.
153. For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants.
154. The total weight of all those ants, however, is about the same as all the humans.
155. On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds.
Joe is unable to get on the internet so you are stuck with me today! I think he does this periodically just so you can see how bleak our days would be if he wasn't here to run the diner.
I sure do appreciate him!
Have a happy day all!
Another cold one for us and I have a full day of dog walking ahead.