GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#113820 - 12/10/03 07:01 PM Re: Riven lovers opinion on Uru?
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
You can look down. Right mouse - hold it down, and drag your cursor where you want to look down, up, left, right. You can also remap the controls, but that's the default. I didn't look at the menus - I pulled out the game card that came with it to check.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze

#113821 - 12/10/03 09:25 PM Re: Riven lovers opinion on Uru?
sccurrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Austin, Texas
SuMac, I had luck with looking down if I was in that close-up mode. Then I could drag the cursor down or up. You just had to not fall off. HA. So I would backup as I was looking down until I could see what I wanted, then slowly walk forward. Shelly

#113822 - 12/10/03 11:06 PM Re: Riven lovers opinion on Uru?
lasanidine Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: WA. USA
Riven is one of my favorite games. I go back to it often just for a little stroll. For some reason I find it peaceful in spite of the fact that it starts with violence. One knows about the possible danger still it feels somehow safe and familiar.

When I started to play Uru I had no specific expectations. I did not think that it would be the continuation of any of the other games. Therefore I was able to go along with the game and enjoy what was available.

Beside the wonderful graphics there is more tension in this game than ever was in the Myst games. There are the dark overtones of the D

Oscar Wilde

#113823 - 12/11/03 06:49 AM Re: Riven lovers opinion on Uru?
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
In the spirit of shameless self-promotion, here's an excerpt from my review that acompares Uru and Riven: [quote] I know there are Myst aficionados who will be wondering if the 3D graphics in Uru rival the 2D graphics in Riven. Uru has more realistic water effects, and does a much better job with wind, clouds, mist and drifting leaves. You can stand in the rain, watch the sun set and see the stars come out. Uru

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (Redz, gremlin, michele rose, Marian, soot, 1 invisible), 106 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12, Fingon
8965 Registered Users