GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1139244 - 01/22/18 10:28 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Iurii Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
Well, I have found some kind of a solution for that flickering problem. The utility is in Russian, but you do not have to read anything if you want to try it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ygSzipDaNpvDdkeU2jA3RZk3x-ffGcGl/view?usp=sharing

Just put the file in the same folder with the game EXE - and run it (kheopsr.exe).
The screen flickers only once on each new location - it is possible to fix it by opening nVidia control panel and adding a user's resolution of 1040x806. Then it will run almost fine, but without stretching on widescreen monitors.

Maybe somebody would like to try it. It was made for Russian versions of those games, but should work with English ones as well.

#1140008 - 01/30/18 03:07 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Iurii Offline
Settled Boomer

OK, the flickering problem is finally solved!

Here is the right utility: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_bTojcH2Yj0d0G9QPqazNVzGsX9DlTIe/view?usp=sharing

Just unrar the files into the directory of any problematic Kheops game - and it could be run with the fullscreen on.

#1140027 - 01/30/18 08:57 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: Iurii]
Uncle Reg Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA

Wow!! It works. I tried it on Safecracker and the flicker is gone. I had to reinstall it, then I ran it and the flicker was there, and after extracting those 3 files to the game folder, I ran it again and the flicker was gone. This is great news. In my opinion, those Kheops games were some of the best adventure games ever made. Return To Mysterious Island 1 & 2 (the first one didn't have the flicker), Nostradamus, Secrets Of DaVinci, Destination Treasure Island were some others that come to mind.

You should announce this in a separate thread to make sure that everybody sees this. There was also threads on Big Fish that discussed this flicker problem. I think that's where the run in a window workaround first surfaced.

Great job, Iurii. thumbsup thumbsup

#1140043 - 01/30/18 10:18 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Draclvr Offline
Hints & Glitches forum Moderator
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
This is great news... I may have to reinstall Path of the Dragon and try it. Thank you, Iruii!

#1140044 - 01/30/18 10:21 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA

Thanks for testing it for us, Uncle Reg.
Good to know it works on the English version.

I wonder how it works -- what causes the flicker and how the patch gets rid of it.

#1140045 - 01/30/18 10:27 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: Jenny100]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thanks from me too, Iurii. These Kheops games are some of my favorites and to have this problem fixed is wonderful! joy

#1140231 - 02/01/18 03:02 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Iurii Offline
Settled Boomer

Jenny100, the last fix, in difference from the first one, has nothing to do with (especially) Russian versions of the games, - it is a universal solution!

As for how it works - as far as I know, the reason for the flicker is the incompatibility of (some) Kheops games with later (in relation to their release dates) versions of DirectX 9.0c. Kheops blamed Microsoft, and Microsoft blamed Kheops, but somehow neither had done anything about it.

And the fix is just an 'alternative' version of DirectX 9 libraries made for Wine project in order to run Windows games in other OSes like Linux or ReactOS. Luckily for us, it works even in Windows proper smile Thanks to a person from Russian forum who told me it could help!

#1140241 - 02/01/18 07:37 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: Iurii]
Uncle Reg Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA

Nostradamus and Secrets Of Da Vinci are both working perfectly with the fix applied.

Thanks again, Iurii.

#1141014 - 02/09/18 10:13 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: Iurii]
RichAlexis Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Netherlands
Wow! I would never have associated a thread on Dracula 3 with a general solution to flicker in the Kheops games. This is quite a game changer in every way (pun intended), because everything I discussed in the thread on flickering and playing issues in Cleopatra - A Queen's Destiny, is fixed now by Iurii's and this very helpful Russian individual's driver files: flicker, cinematics playback and gameplay. No more black screens! Truly a miracle!

In my case, the errors occurred in the Anuman port offered as a download by FireFlower Games.
Thanks again, Iurii - and Marian for taking me here! praise

All the best,

Rich

#1141025 - 02/09/18 11:03 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Fireflower Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Monkey Island
Thanks, Iurii!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Draclvr, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Jenny100, mspoodle), 223 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Never4saken1, wsjohnnie, YasserIndieJams, Amerzona, cyane182
9033 Registered Users