GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge #1141479
02/12/18 08:53 PM
02/12/18 08:53 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I'm fairly on in the game, not at the end, but near it (I think). I'm in the cave of one of the boss guys, and trying to make gunpowder. Have ground all the ingredients and am ready to go. I have to measure out the right amount of the ingredients and they've given me some scales and weights, and a SCOOP to add the stuff to the scale. Of course, it isn't that simple. One of the weights is missing, and I have to use a small purple "nut" which I learned by trial and error weighs 65, to make up for the missing weight. Using that knowledge, I am still getting nowhere. The weights will not add themselves to the scale unless I have the correct weight of ingredients in place already.

At one point, I realized that some of the ingredients may require more than one scoop to be added to the scale, to get to the desired weight in the scale, before I can try to balance it with the weights. Somehow, I figured out the correct weights for two of them, using the silly nut. But I could not figure out the last ingredient, and the puzzle restarted from the beginning. (Nice, huh? ha ha) Of course, I can't seem to replicate what I did for the first two, so I'm back to square one.

I'm playing the CE, which comes with a Game Guide, but the solution is gobbletygook the way it is written. I don't want to skip the puzzle, but am quite at a loss here. Anyone have a recollection of this game/puzzle? I looked for a video on YouTube, but it is a long game with many segments and I could not find one for this segment.

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141480
02/12/18 09:10 PM
02/12/18 09:10 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I don't remember, unfortunately.

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141481
02/12/18 09:13 PM
02/12/18 09:13 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

There's a walkthrough for "Labyrinths of the World: Secrets of Easter Island" here
https://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkth...es-tips-tricks/

But doing a search for the words:
gunpowder
weight
scale

gets no results

and searching for:
nut
only finds the word: coconut

Is this a different game you have?

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141482
02/12/18 09:16 PM
02/12/18 09:16 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
THere are directions here.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1141497
02/13/18 03:27 AM
02/13/18 03:27 AM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Yeah, that's the right game and title. Thanks for the link where people were discussing the puzzle. At least it wasn't just me being obtuse.

I did figure out what the nut weighed and was able to use it to make the first two measures of ingredients work, but it would not work for the third one because the amount to be weighed is too small. Also, it was damned hard to get the weights to even "stick" in the scale pan. At first, I thought I was doing something wrong because I'd pick up a weight and and put it in the tray and it simply would bounce right out and back into the tray again! It simply is #!!&@*# bad design ~ that whole puzzle (down to and including a totally meaningless "Instruction" in the Game Guide). A shame, because the game is good fun, has many great puzzles and it is a long game as well.

I'll try going back and adding the stuff I've ground up and see how that "meter" thing likes it.

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141522
02/13/18 10:47 AM
02/13/18 10:47 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
ARe you referring to this here being totally useless?

Quote:
Prepare the dynamite: (1-2)-3-(4-5)-(6-2-7)-(2-7)-(2-7)-(2-7)-(5-7)-(5-7)-(8-7)-(8-7)-(8-7)-(8-7)-(8-7)-(8-7)-(8-7)-(9-7)-(10-7)-(11-7)-7.

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1141547
02/13/18 01:31 PM
02/13/18 01:31 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Yeah. First, like others, I had already done the grinding, and the "solve" didn't seem to start at a sensible place. Second, when I did figure out what it was trying to say, and tried it, it didn't appear to work because the trays half the time wouldn't "accept" the weights I tried to add, anyway. Third, I had kept track of what I already had done to get the first two measures done correctly, and when it didn't seem possible for the third to work because of the required weight, I was left thinking WTH. lol

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141549
02/13/18 01:44 PM
02/13/18 01:44 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Did you ever get it working?
It sounds like the puzzle is bugged.

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141555
02/13/18 02:02 PM
02/13/18 02:02 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I'm going back today to try the bypass idea ~ just put what I think is the right mix of ingredients into the horn. I figure, since I've got the first two counts worked out, I will add them and then add a measure at a time of the third until the solution bar tops out. That should work. I'm enjoying this game too much to quit now. It really is a good, long game with some difficult puzzles in it and I love it.

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141742
02/14/18 09:46 PM
02/14/18 09:46 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I got past the slightly buggy puzzle and moved on. I'm glad I kept on with it because this game is HUGE, at least in my experience with many Casual Games. Some games you can play through in one sitting, over a couple of hours, right? I don't usually do that, but I know it is possible and some people do it. Well, I have been playing this game off and on for several days now. I really like that. Too many times, it seems you get caught up in a game world and then ~ POOF! The game is over. I finally finished the main game today, and tomorrow am going to start on the Bonus (I bought the CE).

There were a couple more puzzles with some glitchy parts to them that made them tricky to execute. In one of them, I would take an action and the puzzle would ignore it. I had to keep redo-ing it, sometimes several times, before the action would be accepted and I could go on to the next action. Kind of annoying. There is very little in the way of "Instructions" for some of the puzzles, so part of a puzzle might figuring out what it is you need to do, before you can attempt to do it. Also, the Boss Battle at the end of the Main Game was a bit more random and stressful than I enjoy (being shot at while you are trying to navigate a spinning maze of floating platforms that want to send you into the fire). Of course, you go ALL the way back to Zero again and have to start over. Still, there are those out there that will love all those sorts of things.

One option throughout the game is that you can choose either Easy or Hard for every puzzle you encounter. You don't have to exit out to the Menu and reset anything. This was something I used a couple of times, when the puzzle was of a type I don't enjoy, like those Jump-Away-All-But-One-Peg things or a rotator puzzle that, if you make a wrong move, resets to ZERO again after you've solved more than half of it.

(BTW: There is a Collectibles aspect to this game (that you can ignore), and I have. Collectibles don't add to a game, for me. Regardless, in this game, you look for special crystal flowers that are used like money, to buy furnishings for a little room of your own (Awwww... happydance) that is in atrocious taste, frankly. But I mention it for those who enjoy hunting and using Collectibles in a game.)

I guess this post turned into a Review of the game, huh? wink

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141745
02/14/18 09:50 PM
02/14/18 09:50 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Yes, when I first mentioned this game to you, I said that it was a long game. I wasn't kidding. laugh

I will replay this game at some point, as there was an awful lot to see and do. I'm glad you enjoyed it! smile

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Marian] #1141909
02/16/18 02:15 PM
02/16/18 02:15 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Still am. smile I'm maybe half way through the Bonus Game now. I did run into a couple more glitchy puzzles. One has you dragging chains of colored circles around a maze in order to line them up with their colored destination points. Those are fun puzzles. In this one, all the chains were extremely balky about being dragged, took a LOT of struggling and back-and-forth to get them around all the corners, and in some cases they refused even to respond to my cursor after multiple clicking. I almost Skipped this mini-game in frustration, but eventually got through it.

There also was a sort of chess game in the middle of the Bonus Game. It wasn't glitchy, but it frequently was difficult to move the pieces because the square you needed to move them to might be hidden behind the character itself that you wanted to move. You had to try to click between the character's legs or behind his head or whatever. Just bad design. But I got through it and won, and that is all that mattered.

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1141912
02/16/18 02:30 PM
02/16/18 02:30 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Nice that you made it through both of those puzzles. Those drag-the-chain-through-the-maze puzzles I always have trouble with and they always seem a bit glitchy and unforgiving.

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Marian] #1142881
02/25/18 02:33 PM
02/25/18 02:33 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Forgot to come back and say I'd finished it all. This game easily would have gone into my Top Ten list, if not for the glitchy programming on some of the puzzles. They literally would not respond to my mouse clicking on them or would not progress as I solved them. If you aren't certain what you are supposed to do and then the puzzle doesn't react properly when you do the correct thing, you haven't got much of a game left. Sadly, that knocks the game off my Recommended list.

I have played a couple other games in this series and only gave them a Moderate score because although they were creative, they had audio flaws or were a bit too cartoony for my taste. I still am going to continue trying other games in the series (Changing Past, Forbidden Muse and Shattered Soul) that I haven't played yet.

Re: Labyrinths - Easter Island, need a nudge [Re: Reenie] #1142886
02/25/18 03:17 PM
02/25/18 03:17 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I played Easter Island and did not have any trouble with any of the puzzles being glitchy, but I always chose casual mode so maybe that made a difference.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (flotsam), 529 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users