GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#114867 - 06/16/04 03:22 AM Re: Adventuring needs guiding, gaming needs MODs
Kickaha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Cambridge, England
The best film I've watched recently was "Zatoichi" (2003) directed by and starring Takeshi Kitano.

Masterful touches particularly involving sound montages echoing that the lead character is blind.

#114868 - 06/16/04 09:23 PM Re: Adventuring needs guiding, gaming needs MODs
Rae Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Missouri
Peter,

Sounds interesting...out on DVD?

JMK,

Well, I don't think I'll pay $10 to see it. Probably will buy the DVD. I love funny (bad) monster movies. The Blob was one of my favorites! laugh

Lemme 'splain...no, is too much. Lemme sum up.

#114869 - 06/17/04 11:14 AM Re: Adventuring needs guiding, gaming needs MODs
wysewomon Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: hunched over my computer
Hi. I realise I'm coming to this discussing really late but there were a couple things I had to comment on:

Quote:
Originally posted by Magicscroll:
I don't believe in partial trust. It would not be trust if tainted by doubt. [/i].
I think it would help krkdnose if he/she trusted the MODs and inquired matters with grace. It's only fair for all, especially when answers are so wanted.
Trust is a tricky issue. It doesn't mean turning off your brain and making yourself vulnerable--or what you perceive as vulnerable, which is pretty much the same thing--and giving total responsibility for your safety over to someone else. That's what a lot of people use it to mean, but that's just foolishness. Real trust is knowing what you can honestly expect from a person in a given situation, and it's learned over time.

I have no idea what the original issue is, but it sounds to me like something about it has caused krkdnose some serious confusion/anger that isn't being addressed. I agree that the thing to do would be ask for explanation, trying as much as possible to hold off on judgement and accusation, but when you're in a triggery state and already confused, that's a really hard thing to do. And, well, it hasn't seemed to me that this thread is showing krkdnose much compassion.

Personally I think the GB mods are great and this is the best board I've ever participated in--it's a real community. I had a post deleted once and the mod e-mailed me to explain, and I was all, "Oh, of course." So that's my stance.

WW

PS--I loved the new HArry Potter movie! it's made me start reading all the books again. I thought the new Dumbledore was WAY better than Richard Harris and this was the best one yet. But I'm sad to see that they're using yet ANOTHER director for Goblet of Fire...hope he's as good.

#114870 - 06/17/04 06:41 PM Re: Adventuring needs guiding, gaming needs MODs
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
Great post on both the goodness of gameboomers and on the confusion. Hope that it all gets resolved, hopefully to everyone's satisfaction.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (traveler, Robert Gault, kjos, Pandora, jimrh69, michele rose, GBC), 89 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users