GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#115472 - 07/15/04 01:23 PM Re: TAC Forum
blsbet44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: In the kitchen baking cookies
Lovin Nancy Drew
Got all the games for me..er...my daughter laugh
played Mystery/ Mummy
Lots of fun
Too lazy to clean the house

#115473 - 07/15/04 01:28 PM Re: TAC Forum
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: England
I have to 'fess up, I don't have a daughter so they are for me happydance

#115474 - 07/15/04 06:24 PM Re: TAC Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi I am new here and came from the TAC forum, which I was new there too. I did not know they were closed until today. I am glad I found this forum. Hi to everyone here the other TAC members and Katsmom

#115475 - 07/15/04 06:40 PM Re: TAC Forum
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
welcome mpgame, and glad to have you here!

#115476 - 07/15/04 07:00 PM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Land of Hurricanes, U.S.A.
Hi MBARI and MPGAME!

--- ---

to GameBoomers!

I'm glad you found this forum, where many former TAC board members have joined. It's been almost a week, and I still can't believe it...

MBARI, I agree with you. Helping others with their games is something I've always enjoyed doing. I've looked into the "Hints" forum here, and so far, I see most game questions are for games I haven't played yet. I also miss the Nancy Drew forum kids, though I couldn't help a lot in their forum, with my failing memory of the ND games.

Hopefully, we'll be able to help with game questions again here -- though we MAY have to start playing the newer games, LOL! smile

tigger -- so you're a fan of Nancy Drew games, huh? - - I keep telling the 'macho guys' that ND games aren't just for kids... or girls.

So where does one go around here, to find a discussion of Nancy Drew games? - -

#115477 - 07/15/04 07:26 PM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
(Katsmom): Isn't it interesting that games with FIGHTING in them are more popular (in general) than games with peaceful, lovely environments in them...?

(Becky): Is this actually true? Isn't The Sims the best-selling PC game of all time? And Myst must rank well toward the top.
My teenage daughter absolutely LOVES The Sims; but I haven't played it. I didn't know you could kill off your Sims characters! They're so funny when they move around, LOL! So if The Sims includes options for fighting among characters, and killing them off, that might be part of its charm (for some people, anyway). wink

MYST came out during a time when "action" wasn't yet popular, and we didn't have all those portable game devices. I haven't played URU, but I think it's a little LESS peaceful than the original? If I'm wrong, then let me know.

I should add that I also enjoy adventure games that are NOT peaceful; but I don't like the "action" sequences they put into some adventure games.

I'm sure some adventure games would be on a list of the 10 most popular games in gaming history -- but I don't know how many AGs would make it on a list of the CURRENT 10 most popular games. *sigh*

#115478 - 07/15/04 07:45 PM Re: TAC Forum
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Katsmom, I have never played the Sims, but I have heard people who do talk about killing them off--I don't know how they did it---

#115479 - 07/15/04 08:32 PM Re: TAC Forum
danyboy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canada
Hi guys,

I'm a big guy and i like ND games even if i find ND annoying, i like to put her in trouble on purpose LOL.

My youngest son love the Sims games he have all the expansion packs (except hot date who's not very appropriate for a kid)

looney4lab, to kill a Sims you don't take care of him, you don't give him food, entertainment etc.., he will get sick and die, you will have a nice tombstone, in or out of your house and if you don't take care of your kids, social services come and take them.

CU

danyboy wink laugh happydance smile

http://www.mysterymanor.net

#115480 - 07/15/04 09:09 PM Re: TAC Forum
Vertex Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Indiana
Danyboy, this is my first post over here, (I am your friend to whom you emailed this link; I changed my name from "Rainbow" to "Vertex").

I played the SIMS 3000 and either didn't do it right or didn't get the point. For one thing, I couldn't get the people large enough for me to see them so I could enjoy the game.

I adore all the MYST games, and have all but the very last one, (I am cheap and waiting on the price to drop).

I enjoy NANCY DREW games; I guess it must be my second childhood since I enjoyed her books when I was a kid back in the Paper Age.

I don't enjoy blood and gore, but I do understand about youngsters who kill off their SIMS. They like to feel the power and the control they don't have in real life. In my humble and often wrong opinion, that doesn't mean they are bad or gonna be bad, but that they have some issues they would like to get out of their lives.

Well, Happy Gaming!

#115481 - 07/15/04 09:35 PM Re: TAC Forum
danyboy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertex:
I don't enjoy blood and gore, but I do understand about youngsters who kill off their SIMS. They like to feel the power and the control they don't have in real life. In my humble and often wrong opinion, that doesn't mean they are bad or gonna be bad, but that they have some issues they would like to get out of their lives.

Well, Happy Gaming!
Hi Vertex,

I answered your other thread

About the Sims, sometime they die, even if you do your best to take care of them and yes maybe some people like to kill them on purpose, my son was so happy when he had his first baby in the game, he got him in the bathroom LOL, it was too far to go see him and giving him the care he needed, social services came and took him away, he was very sad about this, after understanding how babies were coming in the game, he find a way to have him near him to take care of him.

CU

#115482 - 07/16/04 09:04 PM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

I was thinking maybe we were getting "off topic" here... but we're talking about things getting "killed off" -- and the TAC forum certainly WAS... scared

And danyboy -- she wants you and your son to know that she has the "money cheat code" and has downloaded lots of 'extras' online (which I do know about, since I did the downloading...). Your son probably has all these goodies too; but if not, let us know! laugh

#115483 - 07/16/04 09:27 PM Re: TAC Forum
danyboy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi guys,

Thank you Katsmom, my son already have the $$$ cheat, he's very good for building houses and decorate them, the Sims program and all the expansions give you a lot of objects clothes, we also got a couple of things online.

CU

danyboy smile

#115484 - 07/16/04 09:57 PM Re: TAC Forum
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer

Danyboy, I think my daughter and your son should talk to each other! lol

#115485 - 07/16/04 10:03 PM Re: TAC Forum
danyboy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi guys,

My son isn't very good in English, that will be difficult for them to understand each other LOL.

CU

#115486 - 07/16/04 11:26 PM Re: TAC Forum
Schwab35 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles
I accidentally killed off one of my first Sims characters in a horrible kitchen fire. His gravestone popped up right there on the kitchen floor and his "wife" danced around it. Weird. wave

Playing: World of Warcraft; Geneforge 3

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (mj2c, LadyLinda, Rushes, GBC, Kayc, kjos, Redz, curly, aretha, Cue), 58 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users