GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#118633 - 11/10/03 11:11 PM I can talk about URU beta now
crispeto Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Portland
The NDA has lifted so I can talk about the game now. If there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

#118634 - 11/10/03 11:32 PM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
girlgeek Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Well, dang, man! WHAT WAS IT LIKE??!!!! Do we have to pull your teeth?! ;-)

Seriously...what was the gameplay like? Please tell us it's not a glorified chat room.

#118635 - 11/10/03 11:32 PM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Yeah. How does it work?
How does the interaction with other characters work?

#118636 - 11/10/03 11:33 PM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

And do you explore D'Ni or worlds that you get to from D'Ni?

#118637 - 11/10/03 11:34 PM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Do you get to meet Atrus and Catherine?

#118638 - 11/10/03 11:49 PM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
crispeto Offline
Settled Boomer

No Atrus and Catherine. This is well after their time. I'm a little unclear about how the retail game will be. I got to explore lots of D'ni because I've been part of the online version. You get to meet a lot of people there. You can chat or even talk over a mic. Graphics are great. Very smooth with my system. You will have 4 ages to explore and solve puzzles with. You will be looking for Journeys. They are like handprints you touch. You will also have your own Relto (personal age) where you can dress up your character. Choose from clothes, shoes, beard, mustache, hats. You may also be male or female (probably no beard or mustache option though smile What else?

#118639 - 11/11/03 12:10 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by crispeto:
No Atrus and Catherine. This is well after their time.
frown

#118640 - 11/11/03 12:24 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
chrisdist Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: NY, NY
The whole dressing up thing sounds stupid. Doesn't this have really high end requirements?
I have a Celeron 533; I don't think I can play it.
C

#118641 - 11/11/03 12:27 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
crispeto Offline
Settled Boomer

Jenny100, you're a big Riven fan like me. When you play URU you are actually playing in today's time. We don't hear from or see Atrus or Catherine at all. The only one we really hear from is their daughter Yeesha. It's gonna be interesting to see how people react to URU. I really like it. It still has the Myst feel even though it's 3rd person and realtime 3d. I've read all three myst books a few times so it's been great to go to the cleft and to D'NI. I have a feeling though that some will feel it doesn't have the Myst feel. Luckily it did for me. By the way, my sys specs are:
Athlon 2100 XP
512 Ram
Win98
80 Gig HD
Abit MB
64 meg Ti 4200 Video card
Comcast cable internet
It's run very smoothly on my system. I'll like having the CD because then I won't have to log onto their servers to play anymore. Should be a quicker load time. I also couldn't save. It only saved after the last journey I touched and only on their server. There may be certain places I can't go though since I won't be online.

#118642 - 11/11/03 12:48 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Hey Crispeto - doesn't it feel great to have the NDA FINALLY lifted. smile

Yep - that's right - I be another secret beta tester. Gad - you don't know how hard it has been to not say a word, with all the questions that have popped up over the last month.

Take it away Crispeto - you are doing a grand job of fielding questions. smile

#118643 - 11/11/03 12:55 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
crispeto Offline
Settled Boomer

Yea, I've run out of duct tape trying not to spill the beans. When did you become a tester? I'd love to hear your input on the game and how you'd compare it to Broken Sword. Any other questions from anyone else? Please ask, I'm dying to talk (now that I can smile

#118644 - 11/11/03 01:08 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

I looked for you on the beta forums, I had thought you might be a tester. But I didn't know your URU name frown

I was LauraMac and joined the test in September.

I loved URU!! I loved going there every night. The Cleft area was one of my favorites, next to the city and the neighborhoods. I do hope that Eddie is still present in the online version!!

URU and Broken Sword are two very different concepts. Broken Sword is an awesome game. URU is like being part of a whole other world. You get that immersed or at least I did. I felt like I was traveling to such a real place when I loaded up URU each time. I think of myself as part of URU and the DRC and the journey. smile

BTW: Eddie is the name given to a beach ball that was in a public area called the neighborhood. He was a stress reliver of sorts and developed a mythic reputation over the course of the test.

I am working on some writing right now - but will check back in later. smile

#118645 - 11/11/03 01:14 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
crispeto Offline
Settled Boomer

My user name was the same as here. Yea, I kicked Eddie around a bit. I miss having URU. I'll be excited when it comes this week. Glad you enjoyed it too. I hope others do as well. Will we have a Nexus or was that just the beta? Seems the Nexus was just to go to D'NI and talk to others so I'll probably have to sign up again. Are there any other GB URU beta testers here?

#118646 - 11/11/03 01:18 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Well a few have agreed to take part in the GB Q & A I have put together (hope you will too but I need your e-mail address smile - Just mail me at gatorlaw@gameboomers.com )

But I am sure they will pop in at this thread to answer member questions too.

I am not sure about the nexus - but I see what you mean. That is probably an online feature.

#118647 - 11/11/03 01:37 AM Re: I can talk about URU beta now
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
Hi all,
I was also a beta tester. I had been in the beta since January! I'll be participating in Laura's (Gaterlaw) excellent Q & A. I'll also answer any questions (that I can) and post observations. I'll try not to give any spoilers.

On the ages - Crispeto, you didn't count all the ages you get in Uru, the solo player game. There are more than four ages. If you buy the solo player game (the game in the stores, via the internet), you'll see that it's a big game. And yes, it's full 3D (there was some question about that in previous posts) and it's incredibly beautiful, the best looking game I have ever seen.

More later.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
17 registered (Homer6, GuybrushThreepwood, colpet, Cathy1, BrownEyedTigre, kjos, Haroula, BobH, curly, 1 invisible), 84 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind, maggieann
8524 Registered Users