GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#120314 - 04/07/06 11:17 PM Re: In-Game Ad Placement -- What's Your Opinion
Patches88 Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: USA
I don't mind if it's not excessive. If some sponsorship allows us to have more adventure games put out, then I think a little bit of advertising is ok as long as it fits in with the game and isn't an out of the blue commercial.

#120315 - 04/08/06 09:12 AM Re: In-Game Ad Placement -- What's Your Opinion
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
I actually like it as long as it is in a natural place--Opening the fridge and seeing a cola brand in a game with a modern setting actually makes the game more real to me--but I would hate it in a game with a fantasy setting--and I would also hate to have fewer fantasy or outdoor settings because developers could not place products!

#120316 - 04/09/06 02:43 AM Re: In-Game Ad Placement -- What's Your Opinion
housewife Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
I have mixed feelings about it.For one I wouldn't like to see beer ads or cigarrets ads in games, especially in Rated teen games..On the other hand ads in games, could help the developer of the games make more games for us to play..But what I would like to see instead of commerical ads, I would like to see upcoming games, or games already out that maybe we haven't yet bought, or maybe ads from other developers or the developer of the games themselves put a short clip of a new game or a game that is already out.. This could help the developer or other developer help each other out..Like for example, when you buy dvd movies, there is always an ad about other movies that is coming out or is already out..

For example: The developer from Myst puts an ad of an upcoming game in the Nacy Drew game, and the Nancy Drew developer puts there ad of an up coming game in the game of Myst..(like a preview)
both of the developer can benefit from it, call it preview ads of games)Is a thought.

#120317 - 04/09/06 11:41 AM Re: In-Game Ad Placement -- What's Your Opinion
Carrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: San Francisco area, Calif.
housewife, Adding to your example~

HerInteractive has both ads and previews of upcoming games: Nancy Drew ads & previews placed in Nancy Drew games... an acceptable use of advertisements, and definitely NOT unwelcomed).

#120318 - 04/09/06 03:32 PM Re: In-Game Ad Placement -- What's Your Opinion
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Bregger:
So what's it gonna be like?
"We'll be right back with this game after these important announcements!"
I hope it never comes to that!
I can see it now! Gamer moves to a room where the TV is on and that announcement comes on the screen. Aargh!
Ads for adventure games with screenshots would be okay with me. In TLJ April had a toy monkey drummer named Guybrush. That was fun and brought back great memories. <grin>

#120319 - 04/09/06 05:02 PM Re: In-Game Ad Placement -- What's Your Opinion
Douglas Bregger Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Silver Spring, MD
Hey, Mindy, that actually might be rather cool going into a room and watching the ad on the TV!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
17 registered (manxman, Draclvr, kjos, Aleksi, Marian, curly, Gimme, niteowl07, jimrh69, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Aleksi, golephish, DotEmu, JoyBunBun, Cabb
8546 Registered Users