GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#122079 - 04/08/03 05:47 PM Re: Omega Stone: too much adventure?
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: Seattle Washington USA
Hi BillyBee.......... I'm a bit of a purist too about consulting a walkthrough (silly, huh?...being is I write them all the time). LOL I have asked a few questions about what to do next and that's surely been enough to get me over a couple of "brick walls."

Love, Witchen =O)

#122080 - 04/08/03 05:50 PM Re: Omega Stone: too much adventure?
SuMac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New Hampshire
I've had a similar reaction to TOS as most of you on this thread. I really enjoyed ROTS so much, and had looked forward to the sequel for such a long time. Early on in the game, probably when I was in one of those innumerable tunnels in Chitzen Itza, I was struck with the thought "This game is TOO realistic. If I want gloomy dark tunnels I can see them in real life. Give me some fantasy, a little excitement, or at least something interesting to look at along the way."

That said, I DID like the game, I just didn't LOVE it. I'm glad I bought it, played it, and I'm playing it again. With the WT!!!!

#122081 - 04/08/03 05:52 PM Re: Omega Stone: too much adventure?
SuMac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New Hampshire
P.S. And if there's a third game in this series, I'll buy that, too!!!

#122082 - 04/08/03 06:40 PM Re: Omega Stone: too much adventure?
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
Quote:
Originally posted by Jenny100:
Maybe we could start a new thread:
"When Walkthroughs Make Games More Enjoyable"

This is certainly the case with some games - not just games that have a lot of trekking, but games with a lot of illogical puzzles.
Thank you! You know, on some unnamed boards (not this one), if you say you use a walkthrough, people act like you should be forever banned from ever playing an adventure game (though how that is going to help adventure game sales is beyond me).

I am going to play this game (I have to buy it first!) but I think I'll print off an excellent gameboomer walkthrough, for when I need it (trust me on this, I'll need it). That way, I'll be sure to enjoy my TOS experience.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze

#122083 - 04/08/03 07:45 PM Re: Omega Stone: too much adventure?
Salar of Myst Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Virginia's wetland dimension
Shorah wink

I've been avoiding Omega Stone discussions but Im glad I read this thread!

Actually We're NOT disappointed so far. TOS is beautiful & it runs smooth as silk. I just wish I understood better what I ought to be doing in some of these places.

I kinda like having the pace slowed down walking, crawling, etc. Its more like really getting to explore IMHO. However, We've been stuck awhile now because we've been doggedly sticking to the same spot(s) trying to solve our way forward and now I understand we need to move between ALL the sites.

Now maybe we'll get somewhere <vbg>

I prefer not to use walkthroughs unless I absolutely have to, but I am so glad people make them. Its great to know there's an answer in reserve! laugh

Salar smile

#122084 - 04/09/03 09:37 AM Re: Omega Stone: too much adventure?
Bruce Fielder Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Amarillo, TX USA
I agree with Nolalu that if we could complete each section separately without having to return and have the inventory items be auto-deleted as you've used them, the overall gaming experience for this and other games would be greatly improved.

#122085 - 04/10/03 01:48 PM Re: Omega Stone: too much adventure?
Cynch Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Arlington, WA, US
Hi all.....
I found this thread very comforting because I just had an awful time getting into this game...even with a walkthrough. frown

I guess it is just not my cup of tea. I found it extremely tedious and simply couldn't drum up any enthusiasm for finishing it. I have had no technical problems with it, though...after solving the "darkness" problem.

It's still sitting on my HD though...waiting for a day when I approach it with a little more patience or perseverence. smile
Cynch

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (CCbomber, oldman, smitty145, Guimerius, Sherlock, Koala, Terri824, BobH, stevefox, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133
8496 Registered Users