GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#124197 - 11/16/02 11:30 PM Re: Problems playing older games - not for technical reasons!
mszv Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA (left my bel...
Hi lasanadine,
Well, I'll give Morpheus another look, to see if I can see what you see! Thanks.

blog - http://www.amarez.com, Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze

#124198 - 11/17/02 03:55 AM Re: Problems playing older games - not for technical reasons!
emma Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
I really recognize that feeling mszv! I'm, like the others, really not THAT bothered with graphics, if it's a good game, it's a good game, if you know what I mean. But not too long ago, I decided to replay Shivers. One of my ol' favorites, had so much fun when I played it the first time, and I thought the graphics where GREAT! I installed it and started to click around, and to my horror I realized that I found the interface clumsy (!?) and the details blurry... Okay, so I've played a lot of games since then, so of course my perception of games has become more... "sophisticated" for a lack of a better word. I quickly uninstalled it, very much wanting to avoid ruining my experience from the first time playing it. It was a total surprise that I actually thought "less" of it (in a manner of speaking) this time around!

#124199 - 11/17/02 09:24 AM Re: Problems playing older games - not for technical reasons!
ccross Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Haverhill, Suffolk, England.. ...
Hi Scout

I went back to my laptop and had a fiddle with it and low and behold my settings were up the creck. Had a shouting match with the kids and found that one of them had been mucking about with it about 2 months ago. So I am off to play an older game to review the graphics.

Chel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (CanukDenis, BrownEyedTigre, Sherlock, family, michele rose, The Haze, robert gray, Uncle Reg, Robert Gault, Sorta Blonde), 58 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
merlin5153, fpotter, paulabonita, justaghop, Marvel
8675 Registered Users