GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#128292 - 02/21/05 01:50 PM Re: Vampire - Redemption
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Thanks, Barb. Two days later I finally did it! happydance

BTW, I wish that lady who sells scrolls would choke on her scrolls. I couldn't stand her voice and dreaded needing to buy blood from her. evil

#128293 - 02/21/05 04:22 PM Re: Vampire - Redemption
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Leavenworth, KS
Congrats, Rowan! Did you like the ending?

Emelia is quite a character, isn't she? If Christof had given her what she really wanted, you probably wouldn't have had to pay for blood! lol

Are you going to play Bloodlines next?

Barb

#128294 - 02/21/05 04:49 PM Re: Vampire - Redemption
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

No I didn't like the ending. The flawed religious theme throughout the game bothered me. To me the ending was not a Redemption at all. I know it is only a game and it doesn't bother me when a game "religion" is completely invented but in this game it had elements of known religions so to me there were too many conflicts of "truths". I'm not sure if I am expressing myself properly but am curious if others had similar qualms during the game. The idea of a fallen nun redeeming herself by becoming a vampire doesn't sit well with me.

I will probably try Bloodmoon but don't have it yet.

#128295 - 02/21/05 05:58 PM Re: Vampire - Redemption
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

I thought the ending was absolutely wonderful, but I can see your point. It's my all-time favorite game & my favorite ending.

When you get Bloodlines, come join Lucca, Pat, & I at "Vampire:the Masquerade."

Barb

#128296 - 02/22/05 12:13 PM Re: Vampire - Redemption
Invar Offline
Settled Boomer

I've just come out of the Monastery to sell stuff off after Level 2. I have a few newbie questions.

If you drop stuff on the ground, will it stay there forever? Or is there a good place to store stuff? I'm thinking of the unidentified femur in particular.

How do you level up? I think I'm ready, but I forgot what to do.

#128297 - 02/22/05 12:40 PM Re: Vampire - Redemption
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

I think the stuff will stay if dropped on the ground but not entirely sure. I have gone through areas that I have been before and found things that have either been dropped or missed. The only storage place that I know about is the chest in the Haven. I never did use the femur. It and many other things are not identified. It is worth identifying them because they sell for higher than the cost of the identifying spell so there is a margin of profit.

To level up go to the Haven and click on the coffin. A scree will come up and you can choose where you wish to level up. Don't forget that you can also level up your spells on the right-hand pane. I didn't figure that out until near the end of the game. I hadn't discovered that you can grant yourself a permanent Awaken and Walk the Abyss spell. That came in very handy for the end fight in the game plus it saves a lot of money and inventory space.

#128298 - 02/22/05 06:48 PM Re: Vampire - Redemption
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Rob, Welcome!

I don't think stuff ever disappears on the ground, but I can't say for sure. I never used the femur, either.

Rowan, I didn't figure out you could learn Walk the Abyss & Awaken, either, until late in the game.

Rob, when you click on the box in the haven, a screen will come up with all your stats. At the top, under "earned" are the points you have earned. Put your cursor on the skill you want to increase & it will tell you if you have enough points to increase that skill. I always put points in "Common" discipline first - Feed, Blood Healing, and eventually Walk the Abyss and Awaken.

Are you enjoying the game?

Barb

#128299 - 02/23/05 03:44 PM Re: Vampire - Redemption
Invar Offline
Settled Boomer

I'm getting into the game, but I've got to figure out what Serena is good for. I already noticed that you can learn new spells by spending EP's.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Marian, manxman, Agustin Cordes, GBC, dianne, bermag45, metamorphium, BrownEyedTigre, kjos, 1 invisible), 78 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
scarend, JALind, maggieann, charlene, mikcik
8522 Registered Users