GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
[I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure Released #1307387
10/05/23 07:45 PM
10/05/23 07:45 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Today, powerhouse indie horror publisher DreadXP and developer LUAL Games launch their foray into gamified self-conceptualization with [I] doesn’t exist — a modern text adventure exploring control, isolation, and mental health themes.

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the game here on steam or here on itch.io

Taking cues from cherished works like The Beginner’s Guide, Stories Untold, Buddy Simulator, and Zork, [I] doesn’t exist pays homage to the roots of narrative-driven gaming while elevating the text adventure genre. By incorporating conversational text recognition, captivating and surreal pixel art, and unconventional, intrapersonal themes, [I] doesn’t exist prompts players to introspect what it really means to be “human.”

In the game, players awake in an unfamiliar forest with illogical scenery and oddities like friendly, talking mushrooms. As they command their in-game avatar and contemplate the solution to puzzles (and the meaning of their existence) to escape the seemingly innocuous forest, the façade begins to show its cracks to reveal something… darker.

Utilizing a mix of 2D and 3D perspective through optical illusion, [I] doesn’t exist leads players through a trippy, dreamlike experience crafted to reflect the title’s surreal tale. The game’s trance-like visuals and text-based narrative design, supported by modern “Natural Language Processing” technology — which allows players to creatively answer in-game prompts without sticking to a set of specific terms, makes for an eerily intuitive gameplay experience that’s accessible to newbies and text-adventure veterans alike.

What the press is saying about [I] doesn’t exist:

4/5 - Bloody Disgusting
“A Fun, Creative, And Cathartic Experience” - Screenrant
“...an intense, compact experience through existential dread that will leave you wanting more.” - Magnetic Magazine

[I] doesn’t exist is available now on Steam and itch.io for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux for $15.99 with a limited-time 10% launch week discount.

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: [I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1307388
10/05/23 07:48 PM
10/05/23 07:48 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks, Ana! wave

Re: [I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1307390
10/05/23 08:09 PM
10/05/23 08:09 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana!

Re: [I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure Released [Re: oldbroad] #1307421
10/06/23 10:04 AM
10/06/23 10:04 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 140 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users