GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Announcing Journey Beyond the Edge of the World #1314448
01/29/24 05:42 PM
01/29/24 05:42 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Uncover A Mystery On A Storm-Torn Ship In “Journey Beyond the Edge of the World”' Solve puzzles to unfold a surreal story in atmospheric first-person adventure.

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the official website here.

Hamburg, Germany - January 29th, 2024 - In “Journey Beyond the Edge of the World”, a new title from solo dev Markus Koepke, you find yourself aboard a fishing trawler, floating aimlessly in the ocean. You have no recollection of how you got here. Or of who you are. You hear a strange sound coming from the bridge. And you start exploring …

“Journey Beyond the Edge of the World” is an atmospheric first-person adventure coming to PC in which you solve puzzles to unfold a mysterious and surreal story. Explore a storm-ravaged interactive ship, fixing broken navigational equipment, repairing leaks and solving other item and environmental puzzles to unlock new parts of the story, told through a unique combination of narrative, music and spatial audio.

The year is 1953. In the early morning hours, a decommissioned fishing trawler is leaving the port of Hamburg, Northern Germany to go on an expedition into the unknown. On board, an unconventional crew made up of fishermen, small time criminals, scientists, artists. They are led by a mysterious and secretive stranger from out of town – who is keeping the true nature of the journey from everyone else.

Following a range of surreal events, the ship gets into a storm and all onboard are lost to the sea. All but one: The Unnamed fisherman, who is unwillingly taken on a journey to uncover the true intentions behind the trip and into his own troubled mind.

The game’s low-poly, pixelated retro look is complemented by atmospheric lighting, modern visual effects, and a realistic water simulation. Handcrafted sounds fully immerse you in the world through Spatial Audio, providing three-dimensional sound that works on any headphones, making for a truly unique audiovisual experience. Using the Spatial Audio features players can focus on specific sounds leading them to memories, which in turn allow them to step through time and tackle new puzzles.

The story is told through narrated ambient music tracks. Each story chapter is locked behind a puzzle. Solve the puzzle – unlock the music. With each chapter, the ship and its surroundings change, adapting to the events that take place in the music; taking you closer and closer to the Edge of the World – and beyond.

“I’m really excited to share “Journey Beyond the Edge of the World” with you all,” said developer Markus Koepke. “This is by far the most ambitious project I’ve worked on, but development has been progressing really well and I’m looking forward to being able to share more later this year. In the meantime, I invite you to join me on Discord where I’m regularly sharing updates and sneak peaks with the community!”

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing Journey Beyond the Edge of the World [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1314449
01/29/24 05:44 PM
01/29/24 05:44 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you for letting us know about the game, Ana! wave

Re: Announcing Journey Beyond the Edge of the World [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1314453
01/29/24 06:09 PM
01/29/24 06:09 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thank you Ana!

Re: Announcing Journey Beyond the Edge of the World [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1314473
01/30/24 09:35 AM
01/30/24 09:35 AM
Orlando, Fl.
Orion Offline
Addicted Boomer
Orion  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Orlando, Fl.
This looks interesting, certainly different. I'll wishlist it and wait

Thank you Ana

It's never too late!
Re: Announcing Journey Beyond the Edge of the World [Re: Orion] #1314491
01/30/24 02:18 PM
01/30/24 02:18 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (bermag45, oldbroad, Space Quest Fan, hagatha), 531 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users