GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? #1317687
03/18/24 09:22 PM
03/18/24 09:22 PM
P
PierreLombardo Offline OP
Junior Boomer
PierreLombardo  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
P

Doors Paradox is delightful, and led me to Doors Lost Fragments. Doors allows replay of any Door, presumably so that players can get another shot at a skipped puzzle.

I finished the first Box in Chapter 3 Cognito, and had skipped a puzzle, that proved insoluble even with a walk-through. And yeah, it was late. Next day a sudden flash gave me the solution, and I began a fruitless effort to replay that first Box of Chapter 3, so I could replay that one puzzle.

Yes, there's a "reset level" in the menu. That just frustratingly took me back to where I was, looking at the portal to the second Box of Chapter 3.

I got some files and folders advice, but the developers have chosen to make those incomprehensible. Makes sense, really.

Steam said that even purchasing a new license won't reset the game. Well, they didn't say anything, they can't, because they don't provide in person support. I found that in an obscure FAQ.

Where are we here? Yeah, I'm a little new to gaming, but is this where we all are? You purchase the game and its a one and done? That seems bizarre.

So, does anyone know if its possible to reset a Box, or to even just reset the whole game?

Thanks, guys!

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: PierreLombardo] #1317690
03/18/24 09:33 PM
03/18/24 09:33 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Hi, PierryLombardo and welcome to Gameboomers!

This is a "puzzle/escape" game. In these types of games where you can't save at will, you are tied to the autosaves. Unfortunately, the Reset Level is probably going to be your only option. If you play other types of games, most of the time you are allowed to save at will. So, you could do a save before each box so you could come back to it. But in this type of game, that's normally not the case.

If you haven't tried the Steam discussions, you might take a look there.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2019810/discussions/

I hope someone who has played the game has a better answer for you! If you are relatively new to gaming, try a good old Adventure Game where you can save at will!

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: PierreLombardo] #1317692
03/18/24 10:37 PM
03/18/24 10:37 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
welcome to GameBoomers PierreLombardo!

I have not played these games yet so I cannot help you but it doesn't sound right that you can't replay or restart the game. I see some person in that "discussion" said they figured it out but "will never tell anyone, how it works". What the ??

Good luck. I hope you can figure it out!

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: PierreLombardo] #1317709
03/19/24 08:56 AM
03/19/24 08:56 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Sounds to me like the developer has doomed this game to the rubbish heap to me.

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: PierreLombardo] #1317725
03/19/24 11:46 AM
03/19/24 11:46 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
welcome to GameBoomers.

I asked your questions in the comment section of a YouTube playthrough. Will let you know and will post here if I receive any replies.

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: Draclvr] #1317758
03/19/24 06:48 PM
03/19/24 06:48 PM
P
Junior Boomer
Junior Boomer
P

Thanks to all!

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: PierreLombardo] #1317830
03/20/24 06:37 PM
03/20/24 06:37 PM
Virginia Beach, VA
Uncle Reg Offline
Settled Boomer
Uncle Reg  Offline
Settled Boomer

Virginia Beach, VA

You can start a new game at any time by clicking on the Profile on the main menu. From there you can either reset the current profile, or select one of the other profiles that has not yet been started. There are a total of 3 profiles. Either of those options will start a new game. In addition, when you finish the game, the next time you start it up and click Continue, you will then be offered a choice to reset the current profile back to the start.

If you had chosen to reset the level before you had finished the door, you would have been able to replay the skipped puzzle; but once you complete the door and move on to the next door, the only way you can replay that door is to start a new game. This is common in auto-save games. Almost every auto-save game that I have ever played (including hundreds of casual games), once you skip a puzzle, the only way you can get back to it is to start a new game.

The biggest criticism of this game that I have seen is that a lot of the puzzles were too easy. In response to this the developers just made an update yesterday where they increased the difficulty of some of the puzzles, in addition to some other changes.

I have played the game 3 times already, and after finding out about the update, I have started again. I didn't notice any difficulty changes in the first 2 doors of Chapter 1.

I played their previous Doors: Paradox several times also, and I think this one is a much better game. You will be missing a really good game if you pass this one up.

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: PierreLombardo] #1317832
03/20/24 06:43 PM
03/20/24 06:43 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks for all that information and for your help, Uncle Reg! wave

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: PierreLombardo] #1317836
03/20/24 07:27 PM
03/20/24 07:27 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Yes, thank you, Uncle Reg! Exactly what was needed here was someone who has played the game.

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: Uncle Reg] #1317838
03/20/24 08:24 PM
03/20/24 08:24 PM
P
Junior Boomer
Junior Boomer
P

Originally Posted by Uncle Reg

You can start a new game at any time by clicking on the Profile on the main menu. From there you can either reset the current profile, or select one of the other profiles that has not yet been started. There are a total of 3 profiles. Either of those options will start a new game. In addition, when you finish the game, the next time you start it up and click Continue, you will then be offered a choice to reset the current profile back to the start.

If you had chosen to reset the level before you had finished the door, you would have been able to replay the skipped puzzle; but once you complete the door and move on to the next door, the only way you can replay that door is to start a new game. This is common in auto-save games. Almost every auto-save game that I have ever played (including hundreds of casual games), once you skip a puzzle, the only way you can get back to it is to start a new game.

The biggest criticism of this game that I have seen is that a lot of the puzzles were too easy. In response to this the developers just made an update yesterday where they increased the difficulty of some of the puzzles, in addition to some other changes.

I have played the game 3 times already, and after finding out about the update, I have started again. I didn't notice any difficulty changes in the first 2 doors of Chapter 1.

I played their previous Doors: Paradox several times also, and I think this one is a much better game. You will be missing a really good game if you pass this one up.

Thank you so much! Really a huge help.

Steam has the updates marked as automatic. I don't really know if that pertains to a game in progress. Regardless, I too liked Doors enough to go for Boxes, and I too find it a much better game. So much so I may just reset the thing now, so I can get another stab at that one puzzle in Chapter 3 Box 1.

Thanks again, Uncle Reg

Re: Boxes Lost Fragments Any way to reset the game or replay a Box? [Re: PierreLombardo] #1317839
03/20/24 08:33 PM
03/20/24 08:33 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Yay, Uncle Reg to the rescue!

Have fun PierreLombardo!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 543 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users