GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#155149 - 06/06/07 11:20 AM Re: What's your opinion on Barrow Hill? [Re: wysewomon]
Dyl'smom Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: new york
I was pleasantly surprised by this game, so much so that I wrote the creator an email to commend him on his work. The only other games I felt that strongly about were Rhem 1 and 2(unbelievable games) and Evidence (un un unbelievable game), and I wrote to them as well. I appreciate the thought and work it takes to put out that kind of quality

#155173 - 06/06/07 12:21 PM Re: What's your opinion on Barrow Hill? [Re: Alone in the dark Freak]
Ivinia Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Add me to the list of those that loved it! I saw it as a homage to some of the great Hammer House of Horror shows from the late 70's/early 80's. Yeah, some might have been a bit goofy, but they were entertaining none the less. The only thing I think could have been left out was

Click to reveal..
the video of the rock attacking

#155590 - 06/07/07 08:20 AM Re: What's your opinion on Barrow Hill? [Re: Alone in the dark Freak]
Alone in the dark Freak Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Chisago City, MN
Yes, I agree, the game is creepy
Click to reveal..
But the rock is just ridiculous
I really like how dark everything was, and the good sound quality
Click to reveal..
But that rock man...the rock...the...killer...rock...
Click to reveal..
The first time the rock appeared in front of me, the whole area went dark and I actually got a bit scared when I heard rustling and rumbling. But when the area became brighter, and that rock was standing there, I was sitting there with a "[blip]" look on my face. I thought it was a clue or something, so I touched it...and died. The very first thing I said to that was "Oh you gotta be %#&$%@* kidding me. This is the thing that I was scared of the whole time?" Finally realising that the killer is a big rock really makes you feel like an idiot for being so scared of it.

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (06/07/07 08:25 AM)
Edit Reason: deleted expletive

-George Carlin

#155600 - 06/07/07 08:36 AM Re: What's your opinion on Barrow Hill? [Re: Celtic Lark]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Celtic Lark

As for the game itself, it was pretty creepy. I laughed when I read your spoiler, Alone in the Dark, and part of me has to agree when you put it that way. Yet it seemed believable when I played it so I would say that the designer did a great job at creating a situation that seemed realistic when I was in the moment. And isn't that what a good story does? smile

I think you hit the nail on the head Celtic Lark. Reminded me of those delicious old movies like The Blob. The game itself was well organized as far as hints for puzzle solutions went, and I enjoyed playing it. I particularly liked the cave.

#156143 - 06/08/07 10:28 AM Re: What's your opinion on Barrow Hill? [Re: nickie]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, the cave was very cool.

Click to reveal..
As for the rock, I never actually crossed paths with it. I meant to go back and play the game again to see if I could run into it but then I got caught up in other games. One of these days I'll go back.

URU KI #03564317

#156307 - 06/08/07 05:33 PM Re: What's your opinion on Barrow Hill? [Re: Celtic Lark]
Mystery Lover Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Iowa
I totally loved the game! It had such a tense atmosphere, like you never knew what could be out in the woods with you, and I like how you could go most anyplace and had lots to look at and do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (Redz, PolloDiablo, cailyn, BobH, Agustin Cordes), 48 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa, marmarmargar, deadbringer
8579 Registered Users