GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#169128 - 07/03/07 01:27 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: maggie57]
Ellimay Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I know what you mean Action9026. I have so many games, I have started to play then back in the box on the shelf they go or have gotten traded.. Such as AL Emmo, Bones,Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express. A few others that were suppose to be so, wanting and fun. Bored me to tears. I could kick my but sometimes for buying them at full price. I have gotten a bit smarter in regards to doing more homework . As, I said re; point & click, reviews from various forums. I really did however like the Delaware St. John games, Dracula Resurrection & Last Sanctuary, Cameron Files. There was mystery, great graphics, point & click easy getting around and great storylines.
Well, I guess it's all in ones taste and preference.

#169147 - 07/03/07 03:33 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Ellimay]
Bea Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Australia
Or, maybe you need to take a break. I can thoroughly recommend a good digital jigsaw which of course depending on the subject can be as light or dark as you want smile

#169205 - 07/03/07 07:47 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: action9026]
Meleth Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Sweden
My art teacher (no really!) and some friend created a game about ten years ago that became huge in Sweden with several follow-ups a few years ago, "Backpacker". Not sure if it was ever translated in to English though.

It's a great game where you travel the world as a backpacker, lots of puzzles, trivial pursuit like quests and things like that. Each game would be different and there was really no end except when you returned to your hometown. So you could compete to be the richest backpacker, fastest round the world or just hunt around souvenier shops for stuff to buy cheap and sell expensive in a different part of the world.

I wish they did more games like that, games that aren't centred around sports or action/war/blood, guts and gore...

#169271 - 07/03/07 09:19 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Meleth]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Meleth -- is this the game?

#169425 - 07/03/07 01:30 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Becky]
Meleth Offline
Shy Boomer

Originally Posted By: Becky
Meleth -- is this the game?

No, that's not the one, this is the one. I did a search and it seems it does exist in English. I never played the third one though, only the first one.

#169488 - 07/03/07 03:53 PM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Meleth]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Interesting. So there is more than one game called "Backpacker"? Not what I would have expected, somehow.

This one seems almost like Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego for adults.

#169725 - 07/04/07 01:53 AM Re: Am I the only one irritated by today's gaming choices? [Re: Becky]
Meleth Offline
Shy Boomer

Yes, kind of unusual that they'd allow to games with the same name. But maybe it's because the other one is American and the one I've played is Swedish.

I'm going to go bargain hunting at lunch for Backpacker 3, now I want to play it laugh

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (Pokey, lynthorpe, scampy, Marian), 48 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1, nimos
8519 Registered Users