GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#170169 - 07/04/07 04:26 PM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: Space Quest Fan]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Ceremony of Innocence is a beautiful game. A word of warning, though, that I believe this is one of those games that will NOT run on Windows XP.

#170425 - 07/05/07 06:27 AM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: Marian]
Gandalf Offline
Shy Boomer

For me the biggest surprise was how low the Discworld games were rated. Both games were at the top of my list. Simon the Sorcerer #2 is a very under rated game in my opinion that deserves a little more attention. I also expected The Dig to get more mentions.

#170430 - 07/05/07 06:41 AM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: Gandalf]
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Loc: Texas
I love the Discworld games too Gandalf, but I would guess a lot of folks are newer to gaming and have never heard of them. Same with Simon and The Dig and a lot of great oldies.

#170509 - 07/05/07 09:41 AM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: nickie]
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: cornwall england
Whoops - sorry flotsom and thank you for your hard work old lady

#170543 - 07/05/07 11:05 AM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: old lady]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi smile

I've been playing games for a long time now and the more I play the more I find it difficult to select a limited number of favourites or ones I would recommend.
There are just so many I have enjoyed grin

I have a struggle every year and am never satisfied with the list I end up submitting lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

#170553 - 07/05/07 11:16 AM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: Mad]
Gandalf Offline
Shy Boomer

I think the #2 Discworld had some of the best puzzles ever.

#170886 - 07/05/07 09:08 PM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: Gandalf]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
I don't know what it says about me but upon checking I've played all the games on the top 50 except Destination Treasure Island and am thinking of getting that as I type.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John

#171017 - 07/06/07 06:24 AM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: oldman]
Gandalf Offline
Shy Boomer

My #1 pick of all time wouild be Discworld.

#172069 - 07/08/07 06:27 AM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: Gandalf]
Ellimay Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I had played TLJ, but, would not play Dreamfall due to the interface type. I hate keyboard type games,and from what I read it is just that. Which in turn led me to not even wanting to play it, even though it is the sequel to TLJ. I always like to play the sequel games, but, stay away from keyboard games. I find it impedes my overall enjoyment of the adventure.
I really enjoyed Return to Mysterious Island this year and the 2 Dracula games. I loved the story line and graphics and interface an easy to follow and play game.
Glad they were on the,list. smile

#172106 - 07/08/07 08:58 AM Re: Surprises and Comments on the Final List [Re: Ellimay]
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Denmark, Europe
@ Ellimay

I just checked my manual (for Dreamfall) and page 10 it says this:" By adjusting the option 'mouse mode' from 'camera' to 'movement' - you can choose to control the characters movement with the mouse.

I also think there's a command to view the camera in fixed third person over the shoulder view...

Edited by Karsten (07/08/07 08:59 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Jill, Cathy1, curly, CanukDenis, Lion_1251, family, deleterman, Ewil02, Marian, 1 invisible), 166 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse, AdventurGameGeek, JamesPierce
9040 Registered Users