GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#187031 - 08/09/07 11:34 PM Delaware St. John 3
Jtiffin Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Georgia
I am fixing to start playing Seacliff Tragedy, please make my day & tell me the whole game will not be played in the dark!
It is very hard to tell where anything is.
Jtiffin

#187034 - 08/09/07 11:59 PM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Jtiffin]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
I'm not too far into the game yet, but it's still dark--and it's very hard to find your way around, at least for someone with practically no sense of direction in the daylight! blush

Maybe we can get the lights turned on before the game is over...

#187050 - 08/10/07 01:50 AM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Jenny]
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Sorry, jtiffin, it is all in the dark, your only location is the fairground, I only had a problem in one place, just had to hunt around for a hotspot. Have you tried turning up your monitor?

#187158 - 08/10/07 09:33 AM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Upsydaisy]
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Michigan
This game was more like work than fun.The retrieve "this" quests combined with the never ending darkness making finding your way frustrating ruined it for me.

#187167 - 08/10/07 09:57 AM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Geo]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
Sorry...But it is in the dark...

But you do have a flaslight grin

I think the EyE in the interface is so SPOOKY !!!! scared

Edited by Darleen2003 (08/10/07 09:57 AM)
Edit Reason: spell

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#187170 - 08/10/07 10:07 AM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Darleen03]
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I found that the darkness was not my problem in getting around, and it is not an option to use the flashlight whenever you want, it is an automatic usage only and the flashlight never did appear in my inventory, it must be in my hand or in my pocket grin My problem is that I am very directionally challenged and in looking at a park-map I cannot seem to orient myself correctly to get from here to there. Keep going around in circles. Except for one puzzle where one needs to get from one map to a specific-other in a specific order - it would have been nice to just click on a location (on a map in my inventory, which I never have had) and end up there like in some other Adventure games I have played. Would have eased the frustration of this "maze" idea in these D.S.J. games. I DO love the games, just don't like getting lost over and over again. think
Love, Betty Lou

#187180 - 08/10/07 10:24 AM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Betty Lou]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Darkness, darkness, practically everywhere, in this game. I found myself praying for lightbulbs! I found that moving to an outside scenario for most of the game somehow diluted the overall spookiness, as this game didn't unnerve me half as much as the previous two Delawares, which were set largely inside large, crumbling buildings and scared the bejeebers out of me.

Plus, that hunt for a particular object at the beginning of the game drove me bananas; I was wandering around for hours in growing frustration.. finally had to peek at the walkthrough to find out where on earth it could be. Never quite got over the grump factor after that. lol

#188347 - 08/12/07 11:06 PM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Jtiffin]
Jtiffin Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Georgia
Thanks Upsydaisy for your answer.
I solved most of my problems with the dark by turning up the brightness on the monitor!
I now have a problem finding the Gravity Drop ride.
I go to the Tunnel of Terror like Mag's Walkthrough says, but can't find a way to pass it to go on to the Gravity Drop . I have tried to find a hot spot, can't find one. I have tried the left side, right side, going through, nothing, nothing. I got the X in the locker & it said go to the Gravity Drop. What now?
Please help,
Jtiffin

#188395 - 08/13/07 06:30 AM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Jtiffin]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
jtiffin, please post that question in Hints where someone will be along to help you.

I'm glad you can see the game better now.

Ana wave

#188777 - 08/13/07 06:50 PM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Jtiffin]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I downloaded the demo the other night and can't even make it through that because I keep getting turned around in the dark. But I think I'll still buy the first one to play soon. I like the atmosphere.

URU KI #03564317

#190210 - 08/16/07 11:38 PM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Celtic Lark]
tinagoss Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Chehalis, Washington
I'm in the same boat with the Gravity Drop part. But besides that, I think this is the weakest of the series. They got better with the graphics, etc., but I got completely mixed up directionally finding things and the pixel-hunting was terrible too. I don't know how many times I passed up a "certain object" that helped me power up. Ugghhh. I have to put it into the "I really don't care one way or another if I finish it" . . . and that's rare for me.

#190618 - 08/17/07 07:11 PM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: tinagoss]
BWiegele Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm sorry to hear so many people are having issues navigating the park. It's a real challenge to map point and click controls to such an open space. I thought we got it down but from the thread we need to retool that in the future.

Luckily Delaware 4 takes place indoors where there will also be light. Always appreciate hearing the feedback to see how we can improve. Thanks!

-Bryan

#190687 - 08/17/07 10:14 PM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: BWiegele]
tinagoss Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Chehalis, Washington
Now I feel terrible.

Bryan, I had absolutely no problem with the darkness of the game. In fact, I think it adds to the essence of it. I enjoyed your other 2 games a great deal and I think for 1) I'm just "directionally challenged." and 2) I have thought about it and I think maybe I'm having a hard time with the storyline
Click to reveal..
because I had a child die and it hits a little too close to home.
So I apologize if my post was a little harsh. Please keep producing games as us Boomers would shrivel up and blow away if it weren't for people like yourself.

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (08/17/07 10:19 PM)
Edit Reason: added spoiler

#190738 - 08/18/07 06:36 AM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: tinagoss]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Tinagoss -- I'm sorry! Sending an internet hug your way. catrub

#190765 - 08/18/07 08:13 AM Re: Delaware St. John 3 [Re: Becky]
GBC Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
I had absolutely no trouble with the darkness but I did get lost a lot as I have little sense of direction. I wished the game was designed to click on the locations on the maps. Other than that I really enjoyed the game .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (gameho, looney4labs, BrownEyedTigre, Midge, Pokey, Mikael, Marian, maryjo, Flo NS, Sherlock), 58 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
pignose, Mistywarren, keonie, cattitude, Jerrnej
8509 Registered Users