GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#203559 - 09/16/07 05:30 PM Newer Adventure Games - How do you move around?
oldfeeble Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I have been over at The Dark Side for approximately the past three years or more and am wondering what has been going on with Adventure games. Are they still the old Point-and-click to move around or have they gone over to the WSAD and mouse format for moving and interacting with things?

Remember the really old games where you got an arrow on the screen that told you where you could move?

I am wondering if anyone could recommend a modern adventure game with the "move anywhere" format that is exciting/intrigueing or just plain fun. I am not sure about the cartoon (animated?) games like Sam & Max or that sort but would be interested to hear what else is out there.

Thanks for your help.

#203668 - 09/17/07 04:53 AM Re: Newer Adventure Games - How do you move around? [Re: ]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
Dead Reefs

#203699 - 09/17/07 08:00 AM Re: Newer Adventure Games - How do you move around? [Re: dragonuk44]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
More adventure games in which you can move freely (3D environments)

80 Days
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
Myst Online: Uru Live if you like an MMO -- if you prefer single player, try Myst Uru: Complete Chronicles
Dreamfall
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
Mysterious Journey 2: Chameleon
Myst V: End of Ages
Sentinel: Descendants in Time
Shadow of Destiny

Some of these games offer more than one control scheme -- you may want to go into the Options Menu and tweak the interface when you start the game.

#203934 - 09/17/07 08:54 PM Re: Newer Adventure Games - How do you move around? [Re: Becky]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern California
Penumbra Overture - it's more of an action/adventure, but it was very good! I liked the freedom of movement - excellent! Reminded me of Indigo Prophecy.

#203947 - 09/17/07 09:30 PM Re: Newer Adventure Games - How do you move around? [Re: Renee]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: The Country
I really liked
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon--and I used a gamepad

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Koala, Uncle Reg, PolloDiablo, GuybrushThreepwood, Mad, Flo NS, Marian), 71 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
LadyCarol, RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957
8498 Registered Users