GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool #229942
11/11/07 04:45 PM
11/11/07 04:45 PM
S
silvio Offline OP
Shy Boomer
silvio  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
S

Hi,

it has been 2 months since Anacapri the Dream has been released in North America. I am wondering what's your general opinion about our game (feel free to express your sincere opinion smile )

In particular, how did you like the:

- storyline
- puzzles
- interface
- graphics

Thanks in advance for your comments

Best

Last edited by silvio; 11/11/07 04:55 PM.

Co-developer of A Quiet Weekend in Capri & Anacapri the Dream
www.AnacapriTheDream.com
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: silvio] #229995
11/11/07 06:23 PM
11/11/07 06:23 PM
Colorado
B
birddog Offline
Settled Boomer
birddog  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

Colorado
Intriguing story. Puzzles make sense to the story and there are clues to solving them and bypasses if you want. Graphics beautiful. Getting around with the jump icon is great, however, initally there are so many clicks to get to a place, like Palazzo a mare ( I think it is over 100), that is a little tedious. Conversations are too long - especially if you replay it again and again and you can not skip over them.

Having said that, I love this game. I get very engrossed and feel as if I have been there.

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: birddog] #230049
11/11/07 07:40 PM
11/11/07 07:40 PM
Northern California
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer
Renee  Offline
Settled Boomer

Northern California
The storyline was great! Very interesting and kept my attention throughout the whole game.

The puzzles were logical - not easy, though - especially
Click to reveal..
the card game (that was a tough one to get through)!
I agree with birddog on the long conversations - maybe a "skip" can be built in - usually you can just hit the space bar to skip over conversations.

I had no problem with the interface - it was easy to use and inventory objects were used immediately once the right object was selected (I like that part very much).

Scenery - Wow! This is why I purchased the game because I love the pictures. For the graphics part, I liked the motion in the water as well as other parts coming to "life". This is a huge improvement over A Quiet Weekend in Capri! Music and sound were perfect - maybe better voice actors in the English version would have made the conversations worth listening to...

I spent a long time playing this game and enjoyed it so much - it's a long game for the low price - very well worth every penny! Looking forward to the next one!!! bravo thumbsup

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have film.
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: Renee] #230208
11/12/07 08:24 AM
11/12/07 08:24 AM
Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
VHLMagic Offline
Addicted Boomer
VHLMagic  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
Hi,

I really enjoyed the game and I also felt like I had visited the Island.

I even saved a few of the scenes for my desktop to enjoy again because they are so beautiful. smile

As for the puzzles I was glad there was a work around.
This card game did not make sense to me so didn't even try.

Love Thy Neighbor

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: Renee] #230211
11/12/07 08:31 AM
11/12/07 08:31 AM
Piney Woods of East Texas
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer
joanieS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Piney Woods of East Texas
Absolutely beautiful. With A Quiet Weekend, I was rushing to solve the mystery. With Anacapri, I just moseyed along, like a tourist, savoring everything and almost feeling like I was there. Really wished I could have turned 360 degrees everywhere to see in all directions from one spot. Would have preferred voice actors to have Italian accents more in keeping with the atmosphere. And to be more experienced. The historical aspect of the storyline so enhanced the visual beauty of Anacapri it was a perfect "marriage". The puzzles were interesting, thought provoking and blended with the storyline. Whoever took all those photographs making those long, hilly hikes must have lost at least 20 pounds!! Very interested to know where the next game will located.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ...unknown
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: joanieS] #230305
11/12/07 10:45 AM
11/12/07 10:45 AM
Tacoma, Washington
Annie Offline
Settled Boomer
Annie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Tacoma, Washington
Sylvio: Thank you for a truly wonderful game. The story was engrossing, and deeply satisfying. And I especially loved the magical touches when I sailed out into the bay, and saw enchanting mythical characters. The puzzles were just right in terms of difficulty (except the card game, which I enjoyed playing, and appreciated the option to opt out of), and fit perfectly with the story. What are you going to give us next?

And thank you for the cat. More cats next time, please.

Last edited by Annie; 11/12/07 10:46 AM.

Annie
Farewell, Achenar!
"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written."
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: Annie] #230311
11/12/07 10:50 AM
11/12/07 10:50 AM
nyc
R
robedits Offline
Settled Boomer
robedits  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

nyc
I've enjoyed both of your games greatly. graphically speaking,the time you folks put into animations (water,etc) was well worth it,making the experience more immersive,in my opinion.
The story was great,sense of adventure was great,puzzles were weaved into the story well (except the card-tile game...impossible for me to understand...and I am so greatful you put the work arounds in there when things became impossible...like "click on the tile and the card game will be solved",etc),etc etc.
Your efforts payed off to make The Dream a great adventure. What environments! please go to work on a 3rd installment...I must say I enjoyed YOUR game more than any other of the dozen or so adventure games I've played this year. I hope enough people purchased your game worldwide to make another effort fundable!
Rob in NYC (my mom's family is from Sicily,by the way)

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: robedits] #230425
11/12/07 01:50 PM
11/12/07 01:50 PM
Manchester U.K.
lor Offline
Settled Boomer
lor  Offline
Settled Boomer

Manchester U.K.
Gey and Silvio,

I have waited a long time for this game but it has been worth the wait( I'm still playing it).

First off the graphics....stunning, makes me want to come back to Capri for my 4th visit, soon!

The interface, I found easy to use. The addition on the map of a blinking arrow pointing in the direction you are going, helped me enormously as I am directionally challenged:). Wandering up and down the streets didn't trouble me at all, its so beautiful I could have walked around all day. I would have liked an option to turn the ingame sound down, in particular the very noisy boats, I am playing this game with someone on Yahoo and its impossible to hear each other while on the boats.

The puzzles with the exception of the card game, which I couldn't grasp, were logical and I enjoyed them(hope there is no evil slider or somesuch awaiting me)

Lastly, the storyline is a good one, in my view just the right amount of magical illusion and historical interest. Having read Axel Munthe's novel, Villa San Michelle, and visited it, I enjoyed that part very much.

I would love to see a sequel but you will be very hard to find such a beautiful place where you can find empty streets, even at 4am. Malta comes to mind as a possibility and if you need a tour guide I'm your gal:)

real name sylvia
known as lor

Last edited by catsskeg; 11/12/07 01:51 PM. Reason: forgot my names
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: silvio] #230525
11/12/07 04:24 PM
11/12/07 04:24 PM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana
Thank you so much for these games. I was blessed to have won the game here on Gameboomers. I loved the first one and was really looking forward to the second one. I am about a fourth of the way in the game and I think I love this one better. I love feeling like I am strolling along like a tourist at a real place. The story line is very intriguing. The conversations are a little long, and accents would have been nice, but all in all, I think that you get way more for your money in this game than a whole lot of others. I am having no problems technically with it, and am saving and interacting just fine. Thank you so much for your hard work and sharing a place that I could never go to. Thanks, Robin grin

So many games, so little time....
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: Koalanut] #230628
11/12/07 07:04 PM
11/12/07 07:04 PM
G
gordon24 Offline
Shy Boomer
gordon24  Offline
Shy Boomer
G

Superb game! A different aspect to things.

I actually liked the idea of all the "clicks" to get to a location the first time so that you did not miss any of the scenery, but then a "hot spot" to get you there quicker a second time.

(However, try "clicking" back on your first visit. Things look different from the opposite direction.)

Had been looking for "A Quiet Weekend in Capri" for a long time before I got and played "The Dream". Luckily I have now got a copy of the first game and am looking forward to a repeat performance.

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: gordon24] #230655
11/12/07 08:02 PM
11/12/07 08:02 PM
Indiana
L
lsheldon Offline
Shy Boomer
lsheldon  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

Indiana
I'm curious. Was the title of the game borrowed from the name of the actress who appeared in the Bruce Lee film Enter the Dragon? I think she spelled her name Ahna Capri.

Lee

Lee Sheldon
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: lsheldon] #230664
11/12/07 08:14 PM
11/12/07 08:14 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Hi Lee, AnaCapri is actually a real community on the Isle of Capri. It's beautiful isn't it?

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: lsheldon] #230732
11/12/07 10:16 PM
11/12/07 10:16 PM
Land of 10,000 Lakes
MrLipid Offline
Addicted Boomer
MrLipid  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: lsheldon
I'm curious. Was the title of the game borrowed from the name of the actress who appeared in the Bruce Lee film Enter the Dragon? I think she spelled her name Ahna Capri.

I suspect it was the other way around. Anacapri was founded a few (thousand - give or take) years before the birth of Ahna Capri in 1944. She also appeared in Darker than Amber, as Anna Capri, just before she appeared in Enter the Dragon.

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: MrLipid] #230977
11/13/07 12:33 PM
11/13/07 12:33 PM
L
LindaMarion Offline
Settled Boomer
LindaMarion  Offline
Settled Boomer
L

Thnx mr lipid.
But I on the 4-Fat-chiks I read a very upseting review that you wrote there.
Is anacapri so bad? I'd like to hear for why.

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: LindaMarion] #230986
11/13/07 01:00 PM
11/13/07 01:00 PM
Land of 10,000 Lakes
MrLipid Offline
Addicted Boomer
MrLipid  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of 10,000 Lakes
I'm just here to answer Lee's question about Ahna Capri.

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: MrLipid] #231251
11/13/07 11:00 PM
11/13/07 11:00 PM
S
silvio Offline OP
Shy Boomer
silvio  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
S

I thank you all for your prompt feedback. It is very useful and interesting for us to listen to your comments, what you've enjoyed the most, what you feel we can improve. So please don't hesitate to voice your opinion (in positive or negative).

Above all, it is rewarding for us to know that this game was an opportunity for you to have some pleasant time, and get to know new locations, facts and people of our island -- cats included smile

Best
Silvio

www.AnacapriTheDream.com
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: silvio] #231646
11/14/07 08:37 PM
11/14/07 08:37 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi Silvio smile

I applaud your thread and good hearted openness to gamers thoughts on Anacapri. It is never easy to make something from nothing and it is a long road between the start and seeing your game in people's hands. You have a good many supporters, myself among them.

I hope that you never stop writing down your dreams, and bringing them to interactive life - my friend - for they cast such a lovely light. smile

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: silvio] #232654
11/16/07 11:24 PM
11/16/07 11:24 PM
N
nookular Offline
Junior Boomer
nookular  Offline
Junior Boomer
N

Has anyone been finding glitches in the game? I've been enjoying it, but right now I can't get the Damecuta Glass Door puzzle to work, although it did work yesterday in an earlier save version. SPOILER!!!!
Click to reveal..
I know that I need to switch colors, but the bottom left button does not have yellow as a choice. There are only 4 choices that I cycle through- even though the other buttons have 5!

Earlier, the pump puzzle for the Nereids locked up and I could not turn the pump on and I could not back away, even though I could turn the valves on and I could leave by using the "warping" comet.

I went back, so that one now worked, but I got stuck at the Damecuta door.

So now I have 2 save versions, each locked up at a different point. Any ideas??

Thank you

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 11/17/07 12:20 AM. Reason: added spoiler tag
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: nookular] #232673
11/17/07 12:22 AM
11/17/07 12:22 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
nookular, welcome

Please post in HInts and I am sure someone can help you.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #232874
11/17/07 12:51 PM
11/17/07 12:51 PM
S
silvio Offline OP
Shy Boomer
silvio  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
S

Laura, your words are very kind - thank you!
Indeed it would be a very sad moment if one were to stop dreaming or stop communicating his/her own dreams...

www.AnacapriTheDream.com
Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: silvio] #237575
11/27/07 05:08 PM
11/27/07 05:08 PM
L
LindaMarion Offline
Settled Boomer
LindaMarion  Offline
Settled Boomer
L

I like very much the games where are photographs of real places in the world.
So I was surprised when I read a very terrible review on the 4-Fat-chiks forum called the Anacapri: The Dream or the nitemare?
Now I see on that site another photo game in Sweden called East side story with a reely lovely review.

That seems vry strange for me

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: LindaMarion] #237593
11/27/07 05:42 PM
11/27/07 05:42 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi LindaMarion --

Different reviewers have different tastes -- even if they are reviewing games for the same website.

It happens on GameBoomers as well. cool

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: Becky] #237597
11/27/07 05:46 PM
11/27/07 05:46 PM
Land of 10,000 Lakes
MrLipid Offline
Addicted Boomer
MrLipid  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of 10,000 Lakes
And not all games in a particular format or style are equal. Doubt if anyone would mistake Milo for Myst.... wink

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: MrLipid] #237622
11/27/07 06:30 PM
11/27/07 06:30 PM
new york
Dyl'smom Offline
Settled Boomer
Dyl'smom  Offline
Settled Boomer

new york
I thought this game was great. I love a good story with original puzzles. More and more I am tending toward the indies who you can feel have put their heart and soul into these games.There is definitely a place for this type of game among the Culpa Innatas and Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin (both of which I also loved). Its been a great year for adventures so far!

Dyl'smom

Re: Anacapri the Dream - feedback pool [Re: Dyl'smom] #238019
11/28/07 03:06 PM
11/28/07 03:06 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
I finished this game just a couple of days ago, and absolutely loved it. The scenery was stunning; it was a pleasure simply to roam the streets and surrounding areas. The option to take a look around in Exploration mode with a tour guide is a really nice touch. smile

The story was interesting, and the puzzles were good fun too. I've become hooked on the card game Scopa. laugh

I found the voice acting to be a bit flat, but that would be my only quibble. An excellent game, which I would recommend to anyone.

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Draclvr), 197 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users