GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#245071 - 12/12/07 09:49 AM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: BubbaJake]
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
...not to labor the point, I do believe 'one mans trash, is another's treasure'...and there are so many saying here that they hated Conspiracies! It is one of my favorite games, made me laugh so hard not only because a 'bra bomb' struck me as fuuuuunnnnnnnnnny, but hanging off a lightpole and falling off - not landing ON the pavement below but landing BELOW it and looking up at the building and the sky.....my sides hurt from laughing so hard! I did and do enjoy that one, have replayed it more than once and it is on my keeper shelf. bravo
Love, Betty Lou

#245090 - 12/12/07 10:25 AM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: Betty Lou]
Cari Offline
Settled Boomer

Coming back to Barrow Hill.

Anyone who has knowledge of the county of Cornwall will tell you that it is a place that is literally dripping with history and Celtic legend. From the seat of King Arthur at the ruined castle of Tintagel, supposedly the mythical Camelot; networks of disused workings of old defunct tin mines, a spectacular coast line, the haunts of the wreckers and smugglers and much, much more.

Instead of taking the opportunities on offer two thirds of the game centred on petrol (Gas) station that frankly could have been anywhere.

It wasn’t a bad game as such. I have played plenty worse; it was the overall disappointment that it fell far short of expectations, as in the sequels to well loved games that miss out for the same reasons. In some way the disappointment is more keenly felt than trying to cope with a truly awful game.

#245122 - 12/12/07 11:35 AM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: ]
old lady Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: cornwall england
Hi Carousal - yes my area is steaped in history, myth and legand as is the area you live in. I think Matt Clarke was maybe trying to point out that if you put up a petrol station/motel as bland ,horrid and modern as that one was, in an acient area you do it at your peril. think

#245170 - 12/12/07 01:04 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: The Haze]
thunderspike Offline
Shy Boomer

I have got one called Druuna - Morbus Gravis after the comics. Real bad. Someone at the shop threw it after me when I left.

#245289 - 12/12/07 04:13 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: metzomagic]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Illinois
I love TMOS. Replay it from time to time (chuckling over the idea of swimming from the Atlantic to the Pacific ocean). Tunguska is on my 'to sell' list, but lately I've thought of replaying it instead. I had zero problems with either of these games and didn't even know there were patches for them until now! It's true, one man's crusty, useless junk is another man's glowing, shiny stuff.

#246902 - 12/15/07 03:41 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: BubbaJake]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: The Country
Took me a moment for this-- but
Salammbo
loaded on my laptop and just can't get myself to finish it

#247315 - 12/16/07 09:41 AM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: BubbaJake]
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Southern Exposure
Forever Worlds gets my vote for the worst game in all the years I have been playing games this one is the worst for reasons too many to mention.
Currently playing Companions Of Xanth

#247364 - 12/16/07 10:30 AM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: orchgamer]
CHAOS! Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Under Your Skin!!
Originally Posted By: orchgamer
In addition to Frankenstein (one of only two games I just couldn't finish) I would like to add Necronomicon to the list of bad games...

I loved Necronomicon! If I had to choose a "bad" game, I would say Curse Of Atlantis: Thorgal's Quest.

#247600 - 12/16/07 05:05 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: CHAOS!]
Tyke Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: West Yorkshire/U.K.
The worst game for me without a doubt would have to be....Carte Blanche, and it cost me a bomb too. frown
It's the only game to make me turn off the sound every time the secretary spoke...that VOICE...really grated on my nerves. mad

#247627 - 12/16/07 06:20 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: Tyke]
GBC Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
I agree with CHAOS! Curse of Atlantis:Thorgal's Quest WAS a "bad" game.

#247670 - 12/16/07 07:27 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: GBC]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
But far from the worst I've ever had the misery to play, unfortunately.

#247728 - 12/16/07 11:52 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: The Haze]
ssgamer Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Colorado
Forever Worlds, and Missing. Neither has been finished. One stupid the other just a lot of arcade games. Stories lost at least on me.

If they were books they would be out the door, yesterday.

#247755 - 12/17/07 03:09 AM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: ssgamer]
MsMercury Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Scotland
For me it has to be Forever Worlds with Paradise a close second!

I'm not getting old....just 'Marvelously Mature'! grin

#248063 - 12/17/07 01:16 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: BubbaJake]
jldcat Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I would have to say that while I haven't "hated" a game there is one type that I will not buy. I don't like real-life picture graphics. While I'm sure the gameplay in them are great I just don't like looking at photographs as graphics.

#248077 - 12/17/07 01:32 PM Re: And the worst game is..................? [Re: jldcat]
gaily Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ca.
Carte Blanche gets my vote for stinker game. wink

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (BobH, RebKean, Flo NS, kjos, Sassy, CanukDenis, stevefox, scampy, bermag45, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
LadyCarol, RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957
8498 Registered Users