GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#285715 - 02/27/08 01:41 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Volkana]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
lol I'm frequently surprised at individual reactions to games -- some people find a certain game terrifying, and other people say that it didn't frighten them at all.

Maybe there's a silver lining. Now that you know that you don't enjoy a game as scary as Darkness Within, you have a benchmark. In the future, when a new horror game releases, you can ask about the horror factor compared to Darkness Within in order to decide if you'll like it or not before you buy.

#285721 - 02/27/08 02:04 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Becky]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
My problem is that although that i know a game may be terrifying i want to play it. Darkness within is terrifying but it's also a very nice game with a very nice story. I'll try to fight my fear. I think one way or another i'll play it... The only person that i know to accompany my is even worse than i am. he is scared to death lol

#285747 - 02/27/08 04:37 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Volkana]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Well, you could take turns with the mouse -- one of you playing while the other sits well back, ready to run. lol

I'm laughing because the first scary game I played was Dark Fall: The Journal with my husband. We have rolling desk chairs at the computer, and every time we'd open a new door in the game, we'd both find outselves kicking back from the computer and rolling backwards in our chairs.

I've also found that muting the sound removes some of the scare factor -- sometimes quite a bit of the scare factor.

#285819 - 02/27/08 09:15 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Becky]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

That sounds like fun. I guess i have to find someone brave enough to control the mouse.
I can't play a game with someone that has his eyes closed all the time and asks me "Is it over?". My first scary game was Dark Fall lights out, but i thing Darkness Within is much worse. Way to scarring...
You are right about the sound...

#285822 - 02/27/08 09:19 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Volkana]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Volkana, if you really want to play it, can you play it with the lights on and the tv or the radio so you don't get too immersed in the game?

#285860 - 02/27/08 10:28 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: looney4labs]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brazil
Volkana is really scared game but is so good. But i feeling much more scared with scratches, you already played?
I love this kind of adventures, very scary. I love series Dark Fall(i cant await for Lost Crown)Barrow Hill(you already play?),Scratches, Darkness and other adventures very scary!!Haha evil

Love Maria hearts

Edited by Phoebe (02/27/08 10:29 AM)

#285876 - 02/27/08 10:50 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Phoebe]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

I only have played Scratches and Dark fall 2... I didn't find them as scary as Darkness Within... smile

#285963 - 02/27/08 01:26 PM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Volkana]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

You play Barrow Hill?
Darkness is very scary and is a great game. You played Dark Fall: The Journal?

#286175 - 02/28/08 12:21 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Phoebe]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

No i didn't Phoebe... Are they good (except scary of course)... smile

#286266 - 02/28/08 09:07 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Volkana]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Volkana, I haven't played Barrow Hill, but Dark Fall: The Journal is excellent. puppy

#286291 - 02/28/08 09:42 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: looney4labs]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

Volkana Dark Fall:The Journal is a great game, much better that Dark Fall:Lighs Outs. And Barrow Hill also is a good game.
You must play both games

#286308 - 02/28/08 10:19 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Phoebe]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

I'll keep that in mind... Thanks Phoebe... grin

#287587 - 03/02/08 10:08 AM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Volkana]
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
nothing was as scary to me as delaware stjohn in the firt 30 minutes of that game I thought I was a gonner but I did it I finished ... now its Darkness within I had to put it away far away so I dont hear ....howard..... eek

Edited by LEEANA (03/02/08 10:08 AM)

#288795 - 03/04/08 03:47 PM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Leeana]
Phoebe Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hey leeana i not think delaware more scary that Darkness and Scratches. You already played scratches?

#289695 - 03/06/08 02:16 PM Re: Darkness Within, a Member Review :) [Re: Phoebe]
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
yes I did smile wave

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Jenny100, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (colpet, ergggo, curly, Jarkeld, connie, Iurii), 112 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Zorkmid57, StuDapples, SweetLulu, Lion_1251, phimestudio
8978 Registered Users