GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#295857 - 03/17/08 04:33 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: user43]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Hi ya User, I think there is another installment coming eventually .

#295866 - 03/17/08 04:51 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: looney4labs]
user43 Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Bulgaria
I do think so smile (and I hope so smile ) but the end was "Oh... and now what?!!?"
maybe I expect too much or I'm sick of open endings (or just "culpa inata" smile ) too offtopic sorry smile

#296128 - 03/18/08 05:53 AM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: user43]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi user -- we can discuss the game's ending here, it's not off-topic.

The ending cleared up one story, but kept lots of other mysteries going. I just wish that the sequel had released soon after to tie up some of the loose ends.

Of course, if/when the sequel is released, (even if it's six years from the time of Dreamfall's release) I'll eagerly play it.

#296259 - 03/18/08 10:47 AM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: user43]
Iva Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Serbia
Great review Bigmamma...

I just wanted to say that it's a great game, and I can't wait for the sequel i.e. I hope there will be one...Because the ending in my opinion is good but it did leave so many questions. So I'd like to know what happens next

#296389 - 03/18/08 01:57 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: bigmamma1]
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: florida
thanks for all your comments-I was feeling a little let down at the ending-very sad.A sequel would be great, but I can't see where it could go from where it left off, although I would like to see what happens to certain characters and places.

#296638 - 03/19/08 02:04 AM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: bigmamma1]
user43 Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Bulgaria
I agree with bigmamma - very sad ending and not any clue how the story can continue. About an year ago they have said that it was designed to have a sequel and it will be in episodic format (kind of like sam&max?) but no info since then.

#296980 - 03/19/08 04:06 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: bigmamma1]
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: florida
yesAll we can do is hope-for a sequel, but I'm not holding my breath!

#297978 - 03/21/08 12:57 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: bigmamma1]
jedi valius Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Denmark
I am also hoping for a sequel. The ending sequence looked like a prelude to a next installment...Dreamfall is one of the most beautiful and complex storyline I have ever encountered: simply gorgeous for people who love a solid storyline. I also LOVED wandering around the different worlds...it was a pleasure to play it and would buy a sequel in a heartbeat

#815779 - 06/15/12 07:07 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: user43]
oldmariner Offline
Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: user43
good review and great game smile
... but ... am I the only one disappointed by this game it somehow finished ... bad? (maybe offtopic)

I thought I was the only one. I have been compiling my collection of reviews,(about 40). I came across my review of this game which was not offered here or anywhere. It runs about three pages and was quite negative. I gave it a D. To be fair I revised my review now six years later. It is more negative now than before. I guess I will let it sit. It gets an F. I'd suspect this review would not be too popular.

To be concise what they did to the characters in the first game is unforgivable. To compound it with a cliff hanger ending is even more unforgivable. When Tornquist wrote on his blog in 2007 he had the story written and will not make you wait, five years later we still wait. He went so far as to promise if a game did not evolve he would produce the story in written format so his fans could have resolution. So much for that promise. Even if you can forgive the useless combat and horrendous game play mechanics the betrayal of his promise grants this game a well deserved F. Possibly it is a Q-

#815806 - 06/15/12 10:58 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: bigmamma1]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
I'd like to read your review. I couldn't even get through half the game. I hated The Longest Journey so I don't even know why I tried this thing. Q- sounds more than fair to me.

Gil.

#815898 - 06/16/12 12:36 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: traveler]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm with oldmariner, here frown

I liked The Longest Journey but thought most of Dreamfall was just awful ....

#815912 - 06/16/12 01:38 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: bigmamma1]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I liked Dreamfall, though I wasn't crazy about the navigation system. I would have liked it even more if the follow-up -- I think it was going to be called "Dreamfall Chapters" would have released.

At the time that they announced Dreamfall Chapters, the fans had a negative reaction to the idea of having to download the episodes rather than having them on disk. Even though they had funding, Funcom never did bring them out.

#815916 - 06/16/12 01:55 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: Becky]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
".... the fans had a negative reaction to the idea of having to download the episodes rather than having them on disk."

That would definitely have been my reaction too, had I been a fan, of course !! evil

[I like my games served up "whole" and "on a disk" yes]

#815935 - 06/16/12 03:48 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: bigmamma1]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
I liked Dreamfall but I wouldn't have called it a "sequel" to Longest Journey.

#815939 - 06/16/12 04:13 PM Re: Dreamfall The Longest Journey [Re: bigmamma1]
oldmariner Offline
Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

What made Dreamfall an abomination was much more than its abysmal interface. The lame attempt at action hybred game play and lack of puzzles clearly signaled they had no idea what they were doing.

The longest Journey was built on story and character development. They created a long list of characters that gained the affection of Adventure game enthusiasts. Story and Characters is the reason The Longest Journey was a resounding success.

Dreamfall was sold as a sequel to the first with a promise it is the second game of a trilogy. The creators of Dreamfall threw the characters under the bus totally disrespecting all of them. What they accomplished was a disaster of a cliff hanger with no resolution. No third game evolved and there still is no announcement of any intention to go forward. This after years of a promised resolution. Clearly Dreamfall did not reap the windfall of riches expected.

With the resulting mess of Dreamfall how could you expect anything else? Did they not learn anything from Broken Sword three? Had they continued with a story centered upon further adventures of April, Crow, Charlie and Emma the result would have been more likely to succeed.

Instead they alienate those of us who highly regarded game one and gave us this debacle. I have zero expectation of a game three. To describe this game one only needs to listen to a line John Denver wrote. He must of had Dreamfall in mind when he wrote "Shipmates and Cheyenne." One line from that song describes Dreamfall perfectly.

"No sense of progression, of age or direction, no meter, no form, no rhyme."

If you are looking to create a mess and totally destroy a franchise you need to go no further than this sorry excuse of a game for instructions.

Edited by oldmariner (06/16/12 04:16 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Jenny100, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (curly, Lex, TJL, 1 invisible), 109 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12, Fingon
8965 Registered Users