GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#274479 - 02/05/08 11:12 PM Re: Broadband or dial-up? [Re: Bernard]
DragonFish Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Victoria, Australia
I have cable broadband with a 12Gb limit per month which we never get anywhere using up, but previous 2Gb far too little.
Seems to take about an hour or so to download a game demo.

Broadband is a fair bit more expensive than dial-up here, and I've heard that our 'fast' broadband is a lot slower than the rest of the world, possibly due to one company holding the reins so to speak. Have just bought a laptop and have dial-up on that, had forgotten how slow it is!

#274659 - 02/06/08 09:06 AM Re: Broadband or dial-up? [Re: DragonFish]
escakacs Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Brighton Township, Ohio
Dial-up! I have no choice. I live in the boonies. We aren't offered DSL, or cable. Satellite has around a $700.00 installation fee and is around $80.00 a month. When I asked the cable company when they'd have internet services out here they laughed.

#274755 - 02/06/08 12:02 PM Re: Broadband or dial-up? [Re: Bernard]
PMcOuntry Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Broadband with no limits (that I know of, lol). I can DL a full game w/in minutes or less generally. I've not tried DL'ing a really LARGE game as I like to buy hardcopies.

If someone told me I had to go back to dial up, I would throw a fit and start reading more!

#278401 - 02/13/08 02:49 PM Re: Broadband or dial-up? [Re: PMcOuntry]
Joan A Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: 22460 Uzel, France
ADSL through the phone line, plus wi-fi from the router for the laptop. Here in France, most everyone has broadband. Wouldn't go back to dial-up for anything. Broadband was one of our criteria when buying a house here.

#278424 - 02/13/08 03:26 PM Re: Broadband or dial-up? [Re: Joan A]
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
I have DSL broadband, which runs through a router to the four computers in the house. This may slow downloads a little, but it's still lightning fast compared to dial-up...bravo

#278589 - 02/13/08 10:08 PM Re: Broadband or dial-up? [Re: Marian]
Cat in the Hat Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania
Broadband [fiber optics] all the way. No problem with downloading or playing games online.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Mad, Darlene, GBC, looney4labs, Moondancer, Cynder, Jfi, family, Re, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1, nimos
8519 Registered Users