GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#307183 - 04/07/08 02:14 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Mary]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel.
Good question!

Myst 3 and 4.
Gabriel knight 3 also had wonderful music!

and.... Dreamfall as well!

#307211 - 04/07/08 03:16 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Tomer]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
The strange thing about the Syberia games is that I didn't notice the soundtrack much when I was playing the game. I remember the menu screen music, and some of the music when cut scenes played, and Helena's aria, but I don't remember much in-game music otherwise.

Originally Posted By: Duststorm
I thought the music in Ring was beautiful. Especially the opening.

The trouble I have with Ring's music is that it isn't original. It's using previously written music from Wagner's Ring cycle. So it isn't really what I think of as game music because it wasn't composed for a game. It wasn't even gathered from separate sources, like Faust's music was.

#307864 - 04/09/08 01:13 AM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Jenny100]
Volkana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Greece
The Myst creators give a lot of love in the music part of the series... that's for sure... lol

#308115 - 04/09/08 12:54 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Volkana]
sccurrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Austin, Texas
Shiver's 1
7th Guest/11th Hour (actually has CD to purchase by The Fat Man and Team Fat)
Myst 1
Phantasmagoria

are my picks,
Shelly

#308331 - 04/09/08 08:19 PM Re: Best Sound Track in a Game -- Part Two [Re: Mary]
Jehane Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Vienna, Austria
I loved the soundtrack in the Gabriel Knight games. It was perfect. Also, the soundtrack in the first Broken Sword games fitted the mood and style of the games. I think the best soundtrack is that which you don't recoginze much because it kinda stays in the background. It just contributes to the atmosphere without becoming dominant.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (deleterman, Space Quest Fan, robert gray, michele rose, Sorta Blonde, Jenny100, Mikael, Pokey, Winfrey, Rowan), 47 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
dude, Crazycat, andypipwilly, g0blin, Bubsy
8721 Registered Users