GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#318134 - 04/28/08 11:34 AM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: LadyKestrel]
Carrie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: San Francisco area, Calif.
Originally Posted By: LadyKestrel
When I first read the title of this thread, I was thinking you wanted design tips we may have gotten from games......
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I used to have grand plans for room additions and other redecorating. After playing games and seeing smaller, humbler abodes (as in Norrköping, Sweden; Capri, Italy, for example), I've come to appreciate what I already have: My smaller, older home with its so-called outdated spaces & appearance... appliances included. I have an old, cheap-o, tall bookshelf where I store my games in their boxes. The 5 or 6 shelves seem to be enough storage for what I've got. My PC is in an armoire, which holds some more games, but most important, hides lots of desk clutter. grin

#320111 - 05/02/08 12:01 AM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Carrie]
BeaSong Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: rural Oregon, USA
Hah! Great topic! Indeed it has!
We are building a new home, and computers/gaming/shelving/extra
electrical plugins are in the design that never would have been several years ago.
The conduits coming into the house are numbered to allow for all of the extra
connections that we are going to need, including the Satellite TV needs.
It's amazing how the focus has changed over the years.

bravo

#320156 - 05/02/08 06:24 AM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: BeaSong]
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Sumrall, MS
I wouldn't call it "design" but thumbsup it is a definite yes.

We have a great room dining/living room and 2 computers, one in each, for hubby and me rotfl

wave Linda

#320237 - 05/02/08 09:06 AM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: raylinstephens]
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer

The computer has always been in the living room, but I did buy some bookcases to store the games. Also, ever since we bought some consoles, we have created some empty space in front of the television and placed our hometrainer(bike) there. I sometimes spend my lunchbreaks playing a game while working out, and my husband often does so at night. We're currently playing CSI Hard Evidence on the Xbox 360 for instance, in chunks of one hour at a time, and Wii Fit on the Wii (not really a game). I also have some old PlayStation adventures that I play on the PS2 while cycling "around". monky

#320537 - 05/02/08 07:29 PM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Becky]
Cherie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Tacoma, Wa USA
Gaming and Computer have taken over my home, family, friends entertainment budget......and I love it. Nothing better to keep the mind sharp, when a new game arrives, my husband says goodbye for a few days. We meet at the kitchen stove and he will pass through the office to see if I am still among the sane.

#320625 - 05/02/08 11:02 PM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Cherie]
Retired at last Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Montreal
My goodness, reading all these posts makes me realize I am way behind with the times. I bought my first computer 3 years ago (with XP) and then a laptop. And I thought I was pretty hip with this lol
And I see people who have their old computers - 95, 98 etc lined up next to their new computers or with special rooms for gaming.
Oh well, I'm over 60 so I can't be expected to keep up with the under 50 crowd.
Becky - one question - why a computer in the kitchen?
RAL wave

#320633 - 05/02/08 11:25 PM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Retired at last]
dragonuk44 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: stoke on trent England
I have quite a few pics that I have taken off the internet and framed them including pics of my own children and grand children

#321030 - 05/03/08 04:57 PM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: dragonuk44]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
RAL -- the computer in the kitchen means I can watch my young son while he's online. Also, the kitchen really is the cheeriest place in my house. grin

#324106 - 05/09/08 12:04 AM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Becky]
Celtic Lark Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: Becky
RAL -- the computer in the kitchen means I can watch my young son while he's online.

Good call, Becky.

As for my place, I just have my desktop in my bedroom. Same as I always have. But I've had to clean out some storage space for all the games I've accumulated over the last year. smile

URU KI #03564317

#324314 - 05/09/08 11:27 AM Re: Has Gaming Influenced the Interior Design of Your Home? [Re: Celtic Lark]
kazzmo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Yukon, Oklahoma
The house we moved from had a large extra bedroom and I had plenty of space for computers, games and books. When we down sized my room was half the size. I built shelves for my games and left room for the new games that arrive. I do not know what to the books, but then I have not looked very hard. The rest of the house looks normal?, I think.

Edited by kazzmo (05/09/08 11:30 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (OrleansBelle, Redz, curly, kjos, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
denton9, TheProphet, Innervision, bunnybear13, akritasPowersnd
8564 Registered Users