GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Heidi] #369891
08/02/08 03:49 PM
08/02/08 03:49 PM
S
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer
SirGraham  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Originally Posted By: dragonuk44
I m going to see if I can get the film

Good luck, ain't gonna be easy. This IMDb page might get you started.

Originally Posted By: nickie
Sir Graham said
Click to reveal..
The Illochim ship was blown up, the ship you see is Bully's. I really hated this part, because after researching about them the entire game you don't get to see them in action, or to properly speak to them! And besides, what an aweful WASTE!!

How do you know that for sure? I suspected that was the case, but really, really hoped it wasn't. sad

If you'll look carefully at the ending you'll know it for sure too. They clearly show the huge Illochim ship blow up.

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
There's also the aspect that he heals fast and is good at fighting off disease. For example, when he gave away the antiserum for the plague, he mentioned his "cell regeneration" (or whatever it was) would fight off the disease in the Mines.

Yes, but it doesn't contradict the fact that he can be killed. To kill him you'll just have to be very fast in doing so - for example, he can't bleed to death, because the regeneration thing will heal him before he dies. Same thing with disease. But, if you blow him up to pieces...

If that is true, they should have made it clearer. I couldn't make anything out of those images he received from the Illochim, and Perry did not say anything to enlighten me. If the Illochim were the inspiration for both angels and dragons in art, it isn't clear that the entire race was either "good" or "evil."

I've just watched the scene again, and it indeed should've been made clearer. The scene itself shows still images, and they go by very fast, so you can't see all the details, and in some cases this scene even seems a little choppy (might be my graphics card though). I did get a feeling that the images are showing something evil in nature, but Perry simply doesn't say ANYTHING about it! Also, weren't the Illochim the ones that shared technology and knowledge? I initially thought they were good because of that. On the other hand, Illochim is Hebrew for God, and God did get wrathful from time to time, and images in the scene do appear to be similar to depictions of God's wrathful deeds, so I don't know...

Originally Posted By: slydos
Only a small remark:
The fluid or substance you've seen was to protect or keep the alien spacecraft in it safe. I don't think that it should be animated or react like simple water. smile

I didn't mean the encasing of the Illochim, I meant the water that were in the museum...

By the way, found another plothole in the ending - Perry sets the ship to blow off BEFORE he knew that Bully will pick him up in time! It doesn't make sense unless the spaceship shown flying out of the flames "Lando Calrissian style", is actually NOT Bully's ship but rather an Arkonide ship that Perry Stole, and only then he met Bully in space (offscreen).

And another thing - has anyone seen this official trailer? Besides some scenes from the game, and some still images that appear in Mondra's notebook, it shows a 20 seconds scene (00:36-00:57 in the movie file) that I don't think was in the game! Anyone recognizes it!? It shows some diggings or something...

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #370263
08/03/08 01:30 PM
08/03/08 01:30 PM
Singapore
Benedict Offline
Addicted Boomer
Benedict  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Singapore
Honestly, they should have hired a professional writer to write the game plot. I wonder how the franichise owners feel about this disappointing ending? It's like Perry passing judgement on a group of people he doesn't really understand.

By the way, does anyone notice that Perry Rhodan looks like Roger Wilco and the Space Quest series?

Last edited by Benedict; 08/03/08 01:38 PM.
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #370282
08/03/08 02:18 PM
08/03/08 02:18 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: SirGraham
And another thing - has anyone seen this official trailer? Besides some scenes from the game, and some still images that appear in Mondra's notebook, it shows a 20 seconds scene (00:36-00:57 in the movie file) that I don't think was in the game! Anyone recognizes it!? It shows some diggings or something...

I don't remember whether it was in the game or not. I've seen the scene before, but I saw the trailers before playing the game. The trailer certainly make the Illochim seem benevolent -- bringing new technology and so forth, but then mysteriously disappearing.

Originally Posted By: Benedict
By the way, does anyone notice that Perry Rhodan looks like Roger Wilco and the Space Quest series?

Ummm... No. Other than both having blond hair, I don't see much resemblance.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #370454
08/03/08 10:15 PM
08/03/08 10:15 PM
Northeast NJ
Darleen03 Offline
Graduate Boomer
Darleen03  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Northeast NJ
I just finished the game...

I am confused about what happened to Matra?

Click to reveal..
I didn't see her come out of the plastic bubble headscratch

Luv Dar

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Darleen03] #370662
08/04/08 11:51 AM
08/04/08 11:51 AM
Singapore
Benedict Offline
Addicted Boomer
Benedict  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Singapore
Perry Rhodan Versus Roger Wilco:

Both guys are blonde.
Perry's costume looks like he is wearing his jock straps over his pants. Roger wears jock straps, which we find out most in a most dramatic fashion in SQ4.
Both games feature all kinds of aliens, and occur in a distant future in which man has colonised space and encountered many alien species.

Differences:
Perry's plot is very serious, Roger's games often involve a master plot which is very serious too, but with a great deal of hilarious situations thrown in
Perry is immortal, while Roger lives on in his many sequels
Perry is respectable, Roger is bumbling
Perry's game does not include sudden death moments, while Roger can die at any time while you get insulted that you are a lousy player at any point of the game, particularly in SQ4
Perry's franchise is alive at the moment (time will tell), Roger's franchise is as good as dead (no forthcoming sequels)

In a fight, who will win? Perry, by his wisdom and his wits, or Roger, by sheer dumb luck?

Last edited by Benedict; 08/04/08 12:00 PM.
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Benedict] #370678
08/04/08 12:32 PM
08/04/08 12:32 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Have you checked the wristband?

When he is already in the monitors room you can read something like
Click to reveal..
The Illochim are threatening the entire Milky Way ...

Kato has activated the shutle ...

and longer explanations I don't remember exactly.

and after going to the transmitter hears QB transmitting data and makes the final decision

Click to reveal..
To blow the Illochim ship immediately

About Mondra

Click to reveal..
She seems to be perfectly alright

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #370743
08/04/08 03:32 PM
08/04/08 03:32 PM
Germany
slydos Offline
Settled Boomer
slydos  Offline
Settled Boomer

Germany

Only a small remark:
The fluid or substance you've seen was to protect or keep the alien spacecraft in it safe. I don't think that it should be animated or react like simple water. smile

I didn't mean the encasing of the Illochim, I meant the water that were in the museum...

Me too! Why do you assume it is water in the museum on Titan? Because it doesn't behave like water? crazy
Can you prove your assumption?

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: mcc] #370746
08/04/08 03:39 PM
08/04/08 03:39 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: mcc
Have you checked the wristband?

When he is already in the monitors room you can read something like
Click to reveal..
The Illochim are threatening the entire Milky Way ...

Kato has activated the shutle ...

No I didn't think to check the wristband.
I still think they needed to make it clearer why he thought that. A quick succession of images, shown too fast to really see what they're pictures of, isn't a good enough explanation. How can we be sure that those weren't pictures of the sort of things the Illochim were fleeing from?

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #370765
08/04/08 04:26 PM
08/04/08 04:26 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
I don't really remember all the words (the quotes are a lot longer), what it is clear from the quotes in the wristband is that he is absolutely sure about the need to stop the reawakening of the Illochim and at first tried to dissuade Kato without success and made a final decision after knowing the QB plans.

I agree that the messages of the images could be a lot clearer.

I could no understand well the talk (I missed too many words) of QB at the end, could somebody explain what he said?

Last edited by mcc; 08/04/08 04:50 PM.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: mcc] #370767
08/04/08 04:30 PM
08/04/08 04:30 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: mcc
I don't really remember all the words (the quotes are a lot longer), what it is clear from the quotes in the wristband is that he is absolutely sure about the need to stop the reawakening of the Illochim and at first tried to dissuade Kato without success and made a final decision after knowing the QB plans.

What were QB's plans?
Click to reveal..
Other than wanting to communicate with the Illochim I couldn't figure out what his plans were.

Quote:
I could no understand well the talk (I missed to many words) of QB at the end, could somebody explain what he said?

I couldn't catch all he said either. The few words I did hear did not make any sense when put together.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #370779
08/04/08 04:53 PM
08/04/08 04:53 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Also the QB's plans are mentioned in the wristband, if I am not wrong
Click to reveal..
He wants to gain access to the Illochim's technology an other knowledge.

From The Matrix
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: slydos] #372050
08/07/08 02:57 PM
08/07/08 02:57 PM
S
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer
SirGraham  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Why do you assume it is water in the museum on Titan? Because it doesn't behave like water? crazy
Can you prove your assumption?

I can - the YLOHIM game is played on water. Right-click on the YLOHIM game pieces in your inventory. Besides, you can drain them using a pump, so it's most definitely water. They messed up this animation, but otherwise the graphics are great. No need to defend them.

No I didn't think to check the wristband.
I still think they needed to make it clearer why he thought that. A quick succession of images, shown too fast to really see what they're pictures of, isn't a good enough explanation. How can we be sure that those weren't pictures of the sort of things the Illochim were fleeing from?

I agree with Jenny100 on this, checking the wristband (equivalent of a diary or a journal in other games) should only be used in case you forgot something, NOT to understand the plot! I had the same problem with Simon 4, although there you didn't need the journal to understand THE main point of the game.

And anyway, I just read the two relevant entries in the wristband - in one of them he calls the Illochim bloodthirsty creatures that threaten the entire Milky Way, and in the entry below it it says that Rhodan has absolutely no idea what will happen when the Illochim awaken from their long hibernation. It also says that in the meantime, QB is transferring huge packages of data to try and contact them, and that if he's successful, he'll gain access to their knowledge and technology, and that's what Rhodan is trying to stop. He doesn't even speculate about what QB will do with the data.

Quote:
I could no understand well the talk (I missed to many words) of QB at the end, could somebody explain what he said?

I couldn't catch all he said either. The few words I did hear did not make any sense when put together.

I would too like to see a transcript of this monologue very much. It's the closing lines of the game, and I couldn't understand it! frown They should really include subtitles in cutscenes too.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #372072
08/07/08 03:35 PM
08/07/08 03:35 PM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk
Hi, I've just started this game, I've spent about an hour 'playing' to try & get a feel for the game & the way it works with some guidance from the 'Introductory Help' in the manual. (I would recommend it as it does give you an idea of some of the things you can do without religiously reading the whole manual!). I'm now on my own! I've never heard of Perry Rhodan & am intrigued by the novelty of playing a 'futuristic space' game! I scrolled through the spoilers very quickly but gleaned that there is more to this game than I originally thought so looking forward to seeing what it's all about! lol

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #372828
08/09/08 11:43 AM
08/09/08 11:43 AM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk

Quote:

I would too like to see a transcript of this monologue very much. It's the closing lines of the game, and I couldn't understand it! frown They should really include subtitles in cutscenes too.

This is what was said I think (not sure about the punctuation!):

Click to reveal..
"Breath deep, we're all thrives which you so treasure, treasure, treasure - have paved your way the great masters of immortality that you might rule again from where you were driven, driven, driven, for the old balance will be restored by those that love it, love it, love IT."

I don't understand the meaning of the word 'thrives' in the context but the words seem like a:
Click to reveal..
communication from QB to the Illochim rather than to Perry.

As for why Perry did what he did in the end & what happened to Mondra:
Click to reveal..
There are a lot of clues in Mondra's notebook - I think Perry on seeing the Illochim could then match them to some of the theories. Also by this time there was a lot of evidence of both war & trade/co-operation between the Illochim & the Arkonides, their histories in one why or another seem to have been intertwined at times.

Towards the end a robot is seen 'thawing the crystal' Mondra was imprisoned in.

I think it's a real pity after all the effort that went into this game that a few more minutes weren't added to conclude it better & would agree that it seemed rushed, there were not enough save slots & the novel scanning for hotspots feature was infuriating because, as was said, it didn't show every one!.

One thing I wondered was:
Click to reveal..
Why did Perry use the lens on the large robot without knowing what would happen? (I found controlling the little one scary enough!) or did I miss something?

Last edited by chrissie; 08/09/08 12:08 PM.
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: chrissie] #373263
08/10/08 10:47 AM
08/10/08 10:47 AM
S
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer
SirGraham  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Originally Posted By: chrissie
Click to reveal..
"Breath deep, we're all thrives which you so treasure, treasure, treasure

I don't think that's right, but then again I don't know what IS right...

Originally Posted By: chrissie
One thing I wondered was:
Click to reveal..
Why did Perry use the lens on the large robot without knowing what would happen? (I found controlling the little one scary enough!) or did I miss something?

I don't think you missed anything, sometimes adventure heros just do things... he noticed that the lens fit the robot, so he had to try it smile

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #373316
08/10/08 12:56 PM
08/10/08 12:56 PM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk
Hi Sir Graham, I can get along with the lens & the robot theory, but why did you think the sentence was wrong? I listened to it a few times & those words were unmistakable! smile

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #375802
08/15/08 09:43 AM
08/15/08 09:43 AM
S
SirGraham Offline
Settled Boomer
SirGraham  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Hi chrissie smile

Well, I'm not sure, like I said. It just doesn't sound like "breath deep" to me. Also, I didn't know "thrive" can be used as a noun. I thought it's only a verb... but I don't know.

By the way, anyone remembers if it was revealed who sent Perry the helpful messages throughout the game? I think it was revealed, but I don't remember who it was.

Last edited by SirGraham; 08/15/08 09:44 AM.
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: SirGraham] #376001
08/15/08 04:00 PM
08/15/08 04:00 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Click to reveal..
I assumed it was QB, who maybe wanted Perry to stop the Arkonides who had kidnapped Mondra to keep them from getting to the Illochim before he did. But I don't remember it ever being revealed.

Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #376014
08/15/08 04:42 PM
08/15/08 04:42 PM
Cambridge, England
Kickaha Offline
Addicted Boomer
Kickaha  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Cambridge, England
Benedict,
If I hadn't enjoyed the game (for the most part) and been interested in what happened, I wouldn't have bothered to make a thread about it. I thought the ending was unclear, that's all. And I'd certainly buy another Perry Rhodan game if they made one.

I would echo that last sentence, while hoping the developers would do a better job. There are gameplay issues which I hope they're aware of. It may be a better game in German.

I waited until I had finished the game to post here. The plot may be inspired by the "Quintara Marathon" series by Jack Chalker (or it may not be, but there is similarity.) For me the storyline doesn't really hang together, I'm not sure the writers were clear let alone us players.

But it was a true Adventure game, with good moments like when Perry meets Quotter Batt, and for that my thanks and encouragement go to those who produced it.

Used to answer to "Peter Smith", now answers to "Peter Rootham-Smith"
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Kickaha] #381207
08/26/08 12:24 PM
08/26/08 12:24 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I just finished the game, have just read through all these 2 pages and all the spoilers and I am so glad to see that 1. I was not the only one who had trouble hearing what was said by QB at the end 2. I did not understand either which ship blew up and which one flew away, I took it all this way = the Illochim ship did not blow up but was blown loose from its ancient 'grave' and flew off with the revivied Illochim in it - to perhaps explore other galaxies? Who knows. And that the 'vision' of Perry & Bully standing together (somewhere) watching it all just watched the Illochim ship 'fly away'. And if you noticed Bully has a smile on his face, like they succeeded in helping some poor souls proceed on their way (?) 3. I have to assume that Perry has freed Mondra who he is in love with and that they "live happily ever after" back on Terra (?)
Too many unanswered questions - and who says there can't be a sequel to this one to explain what I/we don't understand? Thanks Jenny100 for this thread - without it or one like it I would be feeling very alone drifting around here with my feelings about the ending "UH? What just happened and what did it all mean?"
Love, Betty Lou

Last edited by Betty Lou; 08/26/08 12:26 PM.

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: Perry Rhodan impressions -- SPOILERS!!!!! [Re: Jenny100] #381284
08/26/08 03:28 PM
08/26/08 03:28 PM
Singapore
Benedict Offline
Addicted Boomer
Benedict  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Singapore
The Gom Calladeus location reminds me of Space Quest - one of the later sequels. Perhaps Roger Wilco's character was inspired by Perry Rhodan?

I've just finished the game. The ending was too abrupt for me. It seems like the game is begging for a sequel for loose ends:

- the Illochim remains an enigma
- the organ hunters do not appear on screen, their fate unresolved
- Quotter Batt remains an enigma, his fate unresolved
- The fate of the entire lower levels of Gom Calledus
- Concern that Mondra and her relationship with Perry been affected by her ordeal

The Gom Calladeus control centre situation reminds me of some horror games like Doom 3.

Last edited by Benedict; 08/27/08 12:42 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 181 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users