GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#392944 - 09/16/08 06:32 PM Re: The Abby [Re: Becky]
cris53 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: U.K.
If you were beaten and mentally abused like the poor child you'd be obedient! I know it was a cartoon but I was a bit shocked to see the kid get a slap round the face by a man of God. I should probably lighten up! PS Is the inability to do sliders a female thing? They flummox me completely.

Edited by cris53 (09/16/08 06:59 PM)
Edit Reason: afterthought

#393076 - 09/16/08 10:42 PM Re: The Abby [Re: sarahandus]
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Delaware
Thanks Old Mariner for a very nice review! I just bought this game and it's sitting on my desk as we speak, just waiting for me to install it. I was torn between it, Drac 3, and Outcry, but after reading your review I think I'll give the Abbey a try first. I love stuff about this time in history and I don't mind long dialogues; they make me feel like I'm really "in" the game and I think they give games more depth as well. smile

Anyway, thanks again for your thumbs up--I'm off to give this a try. smile

Cat

#393091 - 09/16/08 11:35 PM Re: The Abby [Re: Tracy]
oldmariner Offline
Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for the comments guys. It was a fun game to play with a setting not very often used in Adventure games.

cris53, Interesting comment about the slapping, it sort of took me by surprise as well. But for that era terrorizing kids was rather common and a socially acceptable thing to do. Though shocking it was rather realistic for the time place. I'm surprised the kid gave him an attitude later on in the game. I doubt that would of happened. You have to remember is was not all that long ago there was no such thing as child abuse in this country. I think it was not until the late fifties they extended the animal cruelty laws. Kids were regarded as property. It was the spca that pushed to get laws to protect children. Not positive on the decade, think 50's but it may have been later.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Jenny100, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
2 registered (RebKean, curly), 136 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Zorkmid57, StuDapples, SweetLulu, Lion_1251, phimestudio
8978 Registered Users