GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#433694 - 12/07/08 01:22 AM Re: Three Cards to Midnight: Casual or Adventure game? [Re: Bernard]
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Yorkshire
Originally Posted By: Bernard
Glad to hear that, Steve. However, a question remains, the mini games in So Blonde, was it your, the developers' or a publisher's idea?

Both Wizarbox and DTP wanted to add in something to give more variety so they came up with the idea of mini-games, which I don't think is a bad idea. Lots of games have mini-games, though not always in the style of the ones in So Blonde.

Originally Posted By: sierramindy
I agree with you, Steve, about how things are evolving in the casual market and I think the changes are for the good. It is like they are growing up and adding more depth to each game without getting all tied up in technology or whatever.

This is the real beauty of this market. One of the criticisms levelled at adventures in the "mainstream" market is that they don't innovate tecnically. It's not that the casual market isn't demanding, just that the demands concentrate on whether a game gives an enjoyable experience to the player, which is the most important thing after all.

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (12/07/08 10:05 AM)
Edit Reason: combined stacked posts

Steve Ince, Writer-Designer
Steve on Twitter

#434159 - 12/07/08 11:01 PM Re: Three Cards to Midnight: Casual or Adventure game? [Re: sierramindy]
Jalex Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Long Beach, Wa USA
I play a few casual games like 7 Wnders and Luxor but I don't like any of them that try to do adveture game things like Ravenhurst. I don't think they will ever change Ag's. They are a totaly seperate gern and like action games will remain this way.

#434449 - 12/08/08 02:39 PM Re: Three Cards to Midnight: Casual or Adventure game? [Re: Jalex]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
Hmmm, I don't play action games but I read about them and I've read articles that say many of them are adding adventure to the classic action genre. Also adventure games have casual elements like arcade stuff, I think that classifies as casual. Sometimes they also have action sequences, aargh!
We, the people, are all persons with so many different viewpoints that the game makers try to juggle things in many ways to appeal to as many of us as they can. Who can actually blame them considering the cost of everything.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (colpet, Draclvr, Atheen, oldmariner, sanford, BobH, BrownEyedTigre, Urban Worrier, Upsydaisy, 1 invisible), 69 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users