GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#504508 - 05/26/09 01:05 PM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: Jenny100]
CBSection31 Offline
Settled Boomer

^
Hehehe, I actually made a spoiler post about this game' story at JA+, and linked to that exact article there! laugh Oh how I wish that had actually happened!

#504603 - 05/26/09 06:48 PM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: Jenny100]
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: land gal just wanna have fun
Thank you for your review. Coming from a Game Developer, I take it very seriously. I am not going to rush out and buy it after reading the reviews I will wait until it is patched. It sounds like it is going to need some patches. Until that time, I have other new games like Sherlock Vs. Jack the Ripper, to occupy my wanna be detective desire to solve mysteries.

I also look forward when we can buy Stonewall Penitentiary, it sounds like a great game. I really expect more in graphics not less. That is why I make sure I have the best video card. Some people do not care but I am one that does. I also like being able to use my high resolution.

I played and won Still life 1 and hated the ending, wanted more closure after all my hard work. I also hated the scene of being in the chair and dying so many times because of the timed sequence. I am really sorry to hear in Still life 2 they didn't hear our complaints for a skip option. If you couldn't get through that scene the game would be gathering dust. Now I really fear the timed life or death sequences Chris mentioned.

At least give us a patch we can skip the hard timed sequences if needed. Just my desire probably will not happen.

Thanks again for all your feedback, helps me decide how fast to purchase a game. Waiting on this one, the video looked great. Wish there were more video scenes. Also I was hoping they would give her a new hairstyle. lol

#504926 - 05/27/09 04:11 PM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: Sherryah]
Moondancer Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, I agree with Bernard. Still Life 2 is an extremely engaging and enjoyable game in its own right.

Sure, the engine does not run glitch-free all the time, especially if you keep a lot of saves in your save folder, something which I managed to alleviate when I took all my older saves out and put them into a different folder. Or you can simply just save over older gamesaves, if you are not interested in revisiting earlier parts of the game later.

I enjoyed the music in the game, and did not experience the problem with it being louder than the voices, except for one cinematic right at the very end. The music 'non-looping' did not bother me at all, since there were not complete silences inbetween the parts with background music, but atmoshperic background sounds played, which to me seemed that it was supposed to happen that way.

I did find the limited inventory a pain, I must admit, and I certainly hope that this is not something that will catch on in AG's - it's already painful enough in RPG's. The idea in an RPG is totally different; - there the idea is for you to decide which items have more value to you from a stats/combat point of view. Since you cannot know ahead of time which items you will be needing in an AG, this seems a silly concept to have brought over into an AG. Still, its bearable, if not ideal.

I'm not a great lover of timed sequences, and I hated them in The Last Express, and did not finish Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophesy because of them, but they definitely had a place in SL2, since they added to the tension and sense of urgency, which I felt came across superbly. Most of the time one had adequate time to finish the timed sequences, and failing them did not always culminate in death, but simply a start of a second countdown, with the need to apply some aid from a first-aid kit.

I totally disagree what they did regarding the option to play out the alternate endings at the end of the game, though. One has more than ample time to finish with the "good" ending; which I did. However, when I, out of curiousity reloaded to see the second "bad" ending I was suddenly blocked from reloading once again to try out the third "bad" ending. I've been told there is and option to click on the main menu that does allow you to replay another ending once more, but I don't see why you cannot just straightforward replay any gamesave that you like. That is a very minor gripe though, and all in all, I enjoyed this game very much.

Be warned though, it does "feel" very different from SL1, and if you expect it to be very similar, you most probably will be disappointed. If you enjoyed Indigo Prohesy you will most likely love the gameplay of this game, and if you enjoyed the setting and general feel of Overclocked, and SH The Awakened, I suspect you will also enjoy Still Life 2.

#505528 - 05/29/09 02:38 PM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: CBSection31]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Just as a point of interest, Adventure Gamers just posted their review of this game. It's interesting to compare these two reviews. smile

#528711 - 07/27/09 08:57 AM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: Jenny100]
xkatelpx Offline
Shy Boomer

as any1 by any change got the serial number for this game it hasn't got one and i cant find 1 anywhere.

#528713 - 07/27/09 09:02 AM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: xkatelpx]
MaG Offline

Sonic Boomer

Please do not post the same request in different forums. You have an answer at Hints forum.
We do not release serial numbers for games. Best to ask the publisher.

If it is boxed copy, it should not need one I think.
if it is download, then check the mail sent to you.

Where did you get the game: download or boxed?

#528724 - 07/27/09 10:02 AM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: Moondancer]
Doffy90 Offline
Shy Boomer

Originally Posted By: Moondancer
general feel of Overclocked

I am so glad you said that, while I was playing the game I was thinking "what game does this remind me of" and now I have clearity. It feels exactly like Overclocked!

#529162 - 07/28/09 11:13 AM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: MaG]
xkatelpx Offline
Shy Boomer

it's a downloaded one on a disk

#529353 - 07/28/09 08:44 PM Re: Still Life 2 - My Review (no spoilers) [Re: xkatelpx]
looney4labs Online   content
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
xkatelpx, if it is a legal download, then you will need to contact the company you bought it from.

If it is not a legal download, then we at GameBoomers could not help you as we don't support piracy as is stated in the member agreement.

Where did you get the disk?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Jenny100, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (soot, Reenie, hagatha, manxman, Winfrey, looney4labs, Jenny100, Taintedfury, NDLVR, Marian), 117 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12, Fingon
8965 Registered Users