GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#810837 - 05/23/12 06:26 PM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Thanks Karsten -- that's helpful! wave

#811107 - 05/24/12 10:48 PM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer

Does everyone find this a surprise? I certainly do.

Was there any warning sign from more than one month ago? It seems rather sudden. dtp has been around for quite a while and has a good library of adventure games. Was this a sale issue or something else?

#811257 - 05/25/12 04:40 PM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Denmark, Europe
I have seen no warning sign or anything like this that dtp was about to close its doors. However, games these days are big busines and a game needs to sell at least 1 million copies to be succesfull. And by that I mean to break even, e.g. just getting the money back investors poured into making the game.

Most rpgs these days need to sell at least 2 million copies to break even or more. My guess is that dtp didn't get enough enough income to make some payment either on loans or maybe even on wages/salaries for their employees.
Adventure gaming is fun smile

#811412 - 05/27/12 08:19 AM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
vic Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: St Albans, UK
I was really looking forward to haunted the message from the other day re it:

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

"Haunted (PC DVD)"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order.

...I might see if there is a German version I can buy it is not my preferred language for games but better than not being able to play it ever.

#811490 - 05/27/12 02:06 PM Re: DTP files for bankruptcy in Germany [Re: Carla]
Kolby Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Norway
I have been eagerly waiting for the english version of Haunted since i played the german demo last year. I really hoped it would be released this month, but that didn't happen cry

According to , Haunted is delayed until 27 july.

The german version of Lost Chronicles of Zerzura is in stock at , and Memento Mori 2 is scheduled for release in Germany 8 june.

Let's hope those games sell millions, so DTP can get cash to release the english versions soon wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Terri824, The Haze, BobH, Jokece, michele rose, Winfrey, Yankee Clipper, OrleansBelle, oldbroad, Sorta Blonde), 47 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Kamaljeet, gazda, fifasafe, ben309, RedDiamond11
8753 Registered Users