GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Jack Houston and the Necronauts Opens New Funding #831942
08/30/12 07:48 PM
08/30/12 07:48 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Jack Houston and the Necronauts developer opens direct funding after $10k Kickstarter pledge falls through

Quote:
Warbird Games, an indie games studio in Fort Worth, Texas, is asking for direct donations via its website after a $10k Kickstarter pledge fell through, leaving them short of their target amount.

Earlier this month, the studio raised $64,256 via a successful Kickstarter for Jack Houston and the Necronauts, a classic point and click adventure for the PC with stop-motion animation visuals. However, celebration turned to distress when their largest donor failed to honor a $10,000 pledge.

“After the exhilaration of passing our goal by almost $10k, I was expecting to spend the next few days getting ready to start production on the project.” said lead designer, Stacy Davidson. “Instead, I spent them frantically trying to find out what was going on with the donation, whether we’d even get the other funds and glued to email for any news.”

The developer has now opened up direct funding via the Warbird Games website in the hope of filling this gap in funding. Many of the same rewards as Kickstarter will be offered to backers supporting the project through this method.

Additionally, the studio has been able to dramatically lower its stretch targets to bring the game to iPad, Android, Mac and Linux and into FIGS localisation after renegotiating with contractors and receiving offers of help with translation from backers.

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/warbirdgames

UPDATE August 31 -
Quote:
With today's totals, we are now looking at a grand total of $56,476! This means that with the help of PayPal backers, we have finally made it past the original Kickstarter goal!
And now, it's time for new stretch goals! After negotiations with our new potential lead programmer, we have been able to drastically reduce the goal for Unity development, so much that it is now the first goal on the list! Even with that, FIGS is still nearly as low as it was before, meaning we will now be able to offer a game that will be playable on a multitude of devices and in 5 different languages at the $72k mark!
You can follow the totals and new stretch goals on the official site: http://www.warbirdgames.com/?p=416

Ana wave

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 08/31/12 10:16 AM. Reason: Updated

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Jack Houston and the Necronauts Opens New Funding [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #832009
08/31/12 03:51 AM
08/31/12 03:51 AM
United Kingdom
Carla Offline
Addicted Boomer
Carla  Offline
Addicted Boomer

United Kingdom
That's very bad luck for them, I thought once you committed to pay there is no way back shame

Carla happydance

“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”
Re: Jack Houston and the Necronauts Opens New Funding [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #832041
08/31/12 08:27 AM
08/31/12 08:27 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Ouch! That surprises me as well. I hope they're successful in replacing the lost funding!

Re: Jack Houston and the Necronauts Opens New Funding [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #832058
08/31/12 09:36 AM
08/31/12 09:36 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I had my credit charge replaced by the bank and when one of my Kickstarter that I backed came due I got a notice that my pledge did not go through. They gave me an option to repledge which I did but I felt bad that it appeared as though I backed out. Sp, I suppose all you have to do is cancel the credit card to stop the charge from going through.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Jack Houston and the Necronauts Opens New Funding [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #832126
08/31/12 03:27 PM
08/31/12 03:27 PM
Rivellon
T
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer
traveler  Offline
Addicted Boomer
T

Rivellon
I believe you can also cancel the pledge on Amazon anytime before the date the amount is supposed to be credited to the developer.

Gil.

"Best not to think about it. I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (BrownEyedTigre, Draclvr, manxman), 279 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users