GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#849447 - 11/14/12 05:50 PM Re: Delaware St. John: "Asylum of The Lost" Adventure Game [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Heemskerk, NL
Will we ever see more Delaware related media?

#849474 - 11/14/12 08:47 PM Re: Delaware St. John: "Asylum of The Lost" Adventure Game [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BWiegele Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL
@Ana and Becky, I'm not sure. I was planning on it next fall but if I can't get even 10% success with a "current" game like Delaware, I'm not sure IE will fare any better. It takes a LOT of time and resources to create assets just to get to the point of being able to try and convince people to support your efforts.

@Jarkeld, I won't say "never" but for now, the audience has spoken; they just don't want it.

-Bryan

#849649 - 11/15/12 03:31 PM Re: Delaware St. John: "Asylum of The Lost" Adventure Game [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Argyle1968 Offline
Shy Boomer

Sorry to hear the news. Better luck with the next one, Bryan. smile

I'm not sure how many of those Kickstarter campaigns actually work out--i.e., result in a game coming to fruition. I'd really be interested in knowing. I think it's an interesting idea, but like so many things in today's economy, I imagine adventure game developers, particularly independent developers, are really feeling the squeeze like the rest of us. Money is just not there nowadays for luxuries like supporting video game habits, or if it is, it rests with an ever decreasing population.

I know there's a massive amount of hard work and long hours that goes into such a project, and I firmly believe that game designers and their teams should be well compensated for their efforts. Personally, I am of the opinion that a good, quality game should be priced accordingly, and in hindsight, I definitely wouldn't have minded paying substantially more for many of the games I purchased in the past--at the time I paid for them. Of course, that doesn't solve Bryan's problem--getting the funding up front to get the game made, which is a whole 'nother kettle of fish...

I hate to think about it, but we might be seeing a slow death in independent game development if the economy doesn't start booming again.

#849661 - 11/15/12 04:24 PM Re: Delaware St. John: "Asylum of The Lost" Adventure Game [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BWiegele Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL
@Argyle, That's a very interesting take on the situation and I agree with most of it. My personal view however, is this: people want what they want. The ultimate "vote" a person can cast is when they put their money down on something.

However, sometimes people get too much of what they want. For example, a "small" developer posts that they need $100,000 to make a great game. But because they're making a game in a dry, underserved market, people rush to it and pledge and pledge until the $100,000 goal becomes a $1,000,000 success. Now you've got a ton of people who funded a project 10x over and do not have the resources for other projects.

With many adventure games already well funded on KS (And with much bigger names attached) the reality is people have put all their money into the "well known" and have "enough" games coming.

At the end of the day it's business. You can either compete or you cannot. After two poor campaign showings it is clear, in this genre, I cannot. That's just how it goes sometimes.

-Bryan

#850396 - 11/19/12 09:27 AM Delaware St John Asylum Of The Lost Cancalled?
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Michigan
Have I been reading this correctly? Has the new game been cancelled? frown

Marlene aka Penny Lane (Paul McCartney fan)

#850413 - 11/19/12 11:25 AM Re: Delaware St John Asylum Of The Lost Cancalled? [Re: Penny Lane]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Penny Lane -- sadly, that does appear to be the case. At least for now. frown

#850420 - 11/19/12 11:38 AM Re: Delaware St John Asylum Of The Lost Cancalled? [Re: Penny Lane]
Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ohio,USA
I really dont understand the lack of support for this game when there seems to be so many fans. frown
I hope they will still consider an "Inherent Evil" sequel.

Edited by Gamer (11/19/12 11:38 AM)

#850442 - 11/19/12 01:16 PM Re: Delaware St John Asylum Of The Lost Cancalled? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
The interest may be there, but not by frequenters of Kickstarter, perhaps. I would be much interested in a new Delaware game, but I don't use Kickstarter. I do agree that it's difficult to accurately gauge initial interest.

#850619 - 11/20/12 09:26 AM Re: Delaware St. John: "Asylum of The Lost" Adventure Game - Kickstarter Cancelled [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
FlyingDutchman42 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Netherlands
No one can compete with "the big ones"!
But you can kick them sometimes where
it hurts ... eek
Yust remember what's already been
achieved, and wait for the right moment
to strike again .... yes urock

robert, bravo greetings from Holland
(I hope kicked is not a "K" word,
as in,: "do not use the "F" word,
I would hate to do that!)

Edited by FlyingDutchman42 (11/20/12 09:31 AM)

#850624 - 11/20/12 09:43 AM Re: Delaware St. John: "Asylum of The Lost" Adventure Game - Kickstarter Cancelled [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Michigan
This is a major disappointment for me! I was so looking forward to the new game! Has it been shelved all together?

Marlene aka Penny Lane (Paul McCartney fan)

#850694 - 11/20/12 02:59 PM Re: Delaware St. John: "Asylum of The Lost" Adventure Game - Kickstarter Cancelled [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Ewil02 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Connecticut

I agree with Rushes. I wouldn't use the Kickstarters as a complete indication of interest for upcoming Delaware projects. One area I would look at would be the past history of the Delaware series- obviously there was enough interest after the initial Delaware for Bryan and co to continue making them. Although not to the extent Bryan would like perhaps, he has found a niche in the adventure gaming world with the series. And I, for one, hope it continues.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (looney4labs, BrownEyedTigre, scampy, soot, kjos, Mad, michele rose, Marian, manxman, macmac), 80 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Newest Members
shaun9991, weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour
8419 Registered Users