GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#853071 - 12/01/12 06:39 AM The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now
m0ds Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Oxford, UK
Now available at Desura

Hello adult Boomers...Fancy playing something a little darker this Christmas? I'm pleased to announce that sales of The Cat Lady have begun at the official website and Screen 7 :) You can get a DRM free digital download from there and the soundtrack. DVD's are available very soon and we're just waiting on final Desura approval when it will appear there.

"A horror story that should be enjoyed for years to come" - Link Dead Gaming

"Just finished perhaps the most unique adventure game I've ever played. Simply a remarkable experience." - Nick Wheeler via Twitter

The game isn't suitable for under 18's as it has strong adult themes from the offset. But it's a well presented game that treats you like a mature player - it's not tasteless and certainly very gripping. The Cat Lady has been designed and made by Remigiusz Michalski, author of Downfall which was a popular point & click adventure a few years ago. You won't need your mouse this time round as the game features simple keyboard controls to allow a more fluent experience.

Now available at Desura

There's more information, trailers and a synopsis on the official website: http://www.thecatlady.co.uk

Don't forget you can have a go on this and many other new indie adventure games at AdventureX on Dec 15th and 16th in London. Thanks for your support and have a great Christmas!

Mark L

#853079 - 12/01/12 08:56 AM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks for that link, m0ds. I'll go take a peek grin

#853086 - 12/01/12 09:32 AM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Heemskerk, NL
Looks very interesting. Downloading the demo now.

#853087 - 12/01/12 09:33 AM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
LeBelleRachael Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Barrackstadt, Arcadia
Looks frightfully delicious! scared Will it be available in the USA?? hardwall

GLaDOS

#853190 - 12/01/12 02:42 PM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: LeBelleRachael]
Feeb88 Offline
Settled Boomer

Yes! Been following this one closely for awhile, now. Congrats on getting it out the door. thumbsup12

This seems as good a place as any to ask: is a client program required to download, install, or run the game, if bought via Desura? Only I've never used them before and would rather not mess with that whole Steam-esque nonsense. Ideally I'd purchase it directly from the devs, but I'm not the biggest fan of PayPal, either.

LeBelleRachael: According to the website, the DVD editions will ship worldwide - for free. smile12 The download is evidently only 665* megs, though, so... grin12

(*So close! devil )

#853216 - 12/01/12 04:46 PM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer

Is this the same people that made Downfall?

#853221 - 12/01/12 05:02 PM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Yes, CountZero, that's right.

#853232 - 12/01/12 05:29 PM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
m0ds Offline
Shy Boomer

Thanks for the interest & replies! The Desura edition isn't available yet, and I'm not entirely sure how it's distributed. I've uploaded to them the normal installer, I'm not sure if they send it out as is or turn it into something that requires Desura interface. As soon as that becomes clear I'll let you know. They've not approved the download yet though which is why the game isn't showing on Desura.

The game can be bought worldwide, and so can the DVD's, they'll take about 4 days to ship in the USA and 7-14 days elsewhere in the world. Again though, they're not quite ready. Both DVD's MAY be available from this Friday coming if all goes well.

#853233 - 12/01/12 05:31 PM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Thanks, m0ds. thumbsup12

#853234 - 12/01/12 05:40 PM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: Rushes]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Delaware, USA
Just downloaded the demo. Will give it a try. wave12

#853236 - 12/01/12 06:06 PM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: SharonB]
Feeb88 Offline
Settled Boomer

Alrighty, thanks. I figured I'd ask now in preparation for said approval (Eager? Moi?). laugh

#853257 - 12/01/12 09:52 PM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: Feeb88]
revco Offline
Shy Boomer

Playing now...cool so far!

#853294 - 12/02/12 05:10 AM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
looks like a great game....i much prefer a mouse tho....i still havent played grim fandango..hitchcock or others due to it... i realize i am missigng out...sigh

#854908 - 12/09/12 10:29 AM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
m0ds Offline
Shy Boomer

No problem hamer, I'm a traditionalist too (mouse) but actually found it to be a nice break from tradition, really helps keep the story and puzzles moving. No bias, that's my view as a player :)

I just wanted to say it's now available at Desura and if you get time do please vote for the game at the IndieDB Indie of the Year awards laugh

Cheers!

#855986 - 12/13/12 06:05 AM Re: The Cat Lady by Harvester Games is available now [Re: m0ds]
Feeb88 Offline
Settled Boomer

So, would anyone care to offer their opinions on Desura? Particularly their policies on DRM (clients/activations, etc.). ;)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (UruKat, mbday630, kjos, soot, Rushes), 70 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users