GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#864937 - 01/29/13 11:14 AM Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
A psychological horror adventure inspired by H. P. Lovecraft set in a massive, decaying mental institute. By the designer of Scratches.

You can access the Kickstarter here.

There are links to the demo and trailers on the Kickstarter website.

Quote:
FAQ:, some quick replies to the most common questions:
• Asylum will be 100% DRM-free, even through Steam (yes, it’s possible).
• The $15 limited pledge already comes with a Steam key.
• All physical tiers include shipping costs to anywhere in the world. It's simpler that way.
• We are working on subtitles for the pitch video. We had some problems with the audio and our accents can be hard to understand, yes.
• We will support Paypal donations eventually.

Quote:
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA - January 30, 2013. The highly anticipated horror adventure game has joined the ranks of Kickstarter projects with a campaign as wacky as it is creepy. After four years of production, the Senscape team aims to fund the final lap of development with the help of the community. Inspired by the writings of H. P. Lovecraft and building upon the success of cult hit Scratches, Asylum has recently enjoyed a new burst of popularity following a successful campaign on Steam Greenlight, after which it became the first game from Argentina to be Greenlit by Valve. Similarly, it happens to be the first game ever on Kickstarter from the country.

Featuring some of the most unusual Kickstarter rewards yet, backers have the chance to become permanent denizens of the Hanwell Mental Institute, the massive virtual asylum where the game takes place, by, among others, appearing as dead inmates in the morgue or being themselves residents of their very own cell. “The number one request from fans has been that they want to become part of this engrossing setting we have created,” said project leader and designer Agustín Cordes. “And we have listened.”

At the time of this writing Asylum is currently 13% funded in its first day.

Added good news:
Quote:
It seems that we have many fans of GOG.com among us. And why not? They've been bringing us awesome games, old and new alike, seem like a nice bunch of people and their site is the ultimate example of gorgeous web design. So it would be rather cool if Asylum was published there, don’t you think?
Well, it will. Today we’re officially announcing that Asylum is coming to GOG and we couldn’t be happier! Scratches was a popular title there and we’re sure that Asylum will be yet another strong entry in their catalog. As is usual with GOG, we will closely work with them to produce lovely extras for the game, such as wallpapers, avatars, game guide, and more.
But that’s not all: by popular demand we’re also adding Desura to the bag, so now there’s something for everybody’s taste. We love Desura and their wonderful support on Linux, and we love Linux too, but most importantly we love you. And that’s why we’re making things really simple for this Kickstarter: one pledge, three keys. That’s right: with the $15 pledge (and onwards) you get three keys, one per each seller. And we remind you that with your purchase you get access to all versions of Asylum: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (02/14/13 03:51 PM)
Edit Reason: Added GoG news

#864941 - 01/29/13 11:37 AM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thanks, Ana. Good stuff! scared thumbsup I hope the goal is met, because I would like to play this game. wave

#864942 - 01/29/13 11:37 AM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

luck Agustin!

thanks Ana.

------

oops Kickstarter doesn't like me and would not let me in. lol

---------
You have to bang the door. Try 5 times and then kickstarter will let you in. lol Done!

Edited by MaG (01/29/13 11:54 AM)

#864943 - 01/29/13 11:45 AM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Thanks for the update, Ana!

#864949 - 01/29/13 12:13 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: Rushes]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
"Don’t be fooled by our excitement or apparent silliness; we’re very serious about making Asylum a disturbing and horrifying game that you won’t easily forget."

Phew !! Thanks BrownEyedTigre !! scared

EDIT :

Well I did keep bangin' on the door MaG but I can't get in frown

Edited by Mad (01/29/13 12:15 PM)

#864953 - 01/29/13 12:33 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

I wonder why? I was signed in already so I had no issues. I have that problem with Steam alot.

Fortunately, you have 29 more days to go Mad!

#864967 - 01/29/13 01:24 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
thehood Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: kiev
I backed it for 50.00 USD, I hope they're gonna make it!

#864968 - 01/29/13 01:34 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I just tried again - and this time the site let me in and let me pledge bravo bravo bravo

#864969 - 01/29/13 01:57 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

I love the amount of the Kickstarter, 100,"666".00 lol

#864971 - 01/29/13 02:43 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Agustin Cordes Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey boomers! Thank you!! So glad to see the news posted here.

Yes, this is the "final frontier" for us. If we make it, we will be able to finish the game in a timely manner as we envisioned it.

We have tons of cool updates in store for you, so stay tuned! And we really appreciate the support smile

#864975 - 01/29/13 03:02 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

Agustin, I wish you much success. I am anxiously awaiting the game.

Ana wave

#865007 - 01/29/13 08:43 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
WOW scared Agustín

That trailer is amazing....

I just can't wait for the game....I am totally creeped out just by watching some of the screenshots... eek

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#865251 - 01/30/13 07:30 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

I updated the first post to add some FAQ's:

Quote:
, some quick replies to the most common questions:
• Asylum will be 100% DRM-free, even through Steam (yes, it’s possible).
• The $15 limited pledge already comes with a Steam key.
• All physical tiers include shipping costs to anywhere in the world. It's simpler that way.
• We are working on subtitles for the pitch video. We had some problems with the audio and our accents can be hard to understand, yes.
• We will support Paypal donations eventually.

#865949 - 02/03/13 12:45 AM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
I sure am looking forward to THIS game, fellow Boomers
Sandy

#867083 - 02/08/13 08:23 PM Re: Asylum Unviels it's Kickstarter of Horrors [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Imari Offline
Shy Boomer

I'm backing both Dreamfall and Asylum. I haven't been this excited about Kickstarter campaigns since Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road debuted. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
15 registered (manxman, michele rose, Pandora, looney4labs, BrownEyedTigre, mj2c, Mikael, oldbroad, mcc, 1 invisible), 74 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind, maggieann
8524 Registered Users