GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Ambers Journey #87215
04/21/01 05:21 PM
04/21/01 05:21 PM
Ohio,USA
Gamer Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Gamer  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Ohio,USA
I was just wondering if someone could give a little review af Ambers Journey, it dosent have to be in detail, I would just like to know a little about it before I try to get it .
Thanks Gamer

Helen
Re: Ambers Journey #87216
04/21/01 09:09 PM
04/21/01 09:09 PM
Herndon, VA
Skinter Offline
Shy Boomer
Skinter  Offline
Shy Boomer

Herndon, VA
Well.....from an experienced AMBER player, I can say that you'll enjoy this game since you seem to like horror/adventure games. From what I can tell you, the graphics are great! The mini-storylines are very interesting. However, if you hate slider puzzles, there is one in one of the spirit-worlds that you have to solve in order to get out of that world. If you need help with the slider at all, I'm sure you could just come back to the Gameboomers site as they are always willing to help.

Some of the scenes in this game are a little gory, so it's definitely not a game that is for the faint of heart. Well, I hope this review helps you a little bit. If not, remember this.....Gameboomers is a very friendly site. Don't be shy to ask any questions. Even if they are dumb.

[This message has been edited by mac_attack (edited 04-21-2001).]

Lvl 55 Hunter in WOW
Re: Ambers Journey #87217
04/22/01 02:18 AM
04/22/01 02:18 AM
Northern New Jersey, USA
kat165 Offline
Addicted Boomer
kat165  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Northern New Jersey, USA
I just finished Amber this evening - for maybe the 4th or 5th time. I loved this game!! It's very scary without being violent, gory or bloody.

The graphics are slideshow, but excellent. And like Myst/Riven you can turn around and check out the view from different angles.

Also like Myst/Riven you do much of the exploring on your own, but there are a few characters that you uh, "meet" along the way.

You are asked by a coworker to go check out a colleague, Roxy, who is doing experiments in an old house in the hills of North Carolina. The house is beautiful as is the surrounding grounds. I would live there in a second. The house is beautifully decorated right down to the smallest detail.

I don't want to say too much and give the story away, but when you arrive Roxy is nowhere to be found & you seem to be in charge of a) finding her and b) getting her equipment to run. You also have to deal with several ghosts that haunt the place.

The game is alittle on the short side, but it's a great one. Play it with the lights out & enjoy!!

In the game you will have a very small inventory that's easy to use and it's mouse driven. The puzzles are fun and fit in with the story. There is a slider and a maze but they really aren't too hard. But hard enough. I suggest saving right before attempting a puzzle. There are an endless amount of save slots.

There are 3 basic storylines and you don't need to play them in any particular order. This game is still available and reasonably priced. Don't hesistate to get this game!

Happy Gaming!

love, Kat

PS I should also mention that it's very easy to install and there is only 1 disc.

Re: Ambers Journey #87218
04/22/01 08:39 AM
04/22/01 08:39 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Mac Attack and Kat thanks for your thoughts on Amber.

This was one of those games that I started and shelved. However I hadn't played far enough. When I went back - this game proved out to be such a treat.

One of the interesting things about Amber is that the initial start of the game is totally different in graphic presentation and game play from the deeper part of the game.

In the beginning you are in the surface world, the world that we all know. You have to intract with your environment with devices to get access to the world beyond. The shapes of that world are forged in the past and the imprints left by others long since gone.

Once you access that world, tha game really came alive for me. Each interaction is so different in mood, graphics and environment. I loved this part of the game beyond distraction.

A really interesting and challenging experience.

Laura

Re: Ambers Journey #87219
04/23/01 10:22 AM
04/23/01 10:22 AM
England
tigger Offline
Graduate Boomer
tigger  Offline
Graduate Boomer

England
Just finished Amber - what a super little game! I got a bit confused by the snowstorm, until I realised that you get 2 choices, turn and move together or just turn!!

Now what can I play next???

A bounce a day keeps the doctor away!!
Playing Sims2, Sherlock, Phantom of Venice
Reading Storm Breaking
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Fogfighter), 264 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users