GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Shivah #87320
01/07/07 12:13 PM
01/07/07 12:13 PM
Seoul
mrkwang Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mrkwang  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Seoul
Rabbi who lost Faith + Noir Mystery + Adventure

Rabbi Stone got 10,000$, from R.I.P. Jack Lauder, who left his community 8 years ago due to some accident. Stone felt some sorry & bittersweet feeling, and he enter the middle of mystery itself. ...

I'd like to tell you BAD THING first, because this game is excellent. Running time is too short, and game is small. This is made for sale, so this could be bad thing. But price is just 4.99$, very low, and game system & puzzle is very unique. We could 4.99$ is not very high due to such good things, even if short running time & small game size. Puzzle is too unique to get the idea. Player must login e-mail account with guessing password, player must choose dialogue very carefully, ... etc. But these things mean this game is very unique & unlike to other games, so we could call it as good thing.

This game has some GOOD THINGs. First of all, FULL VOICE & WELL MADE SOUNDTRACK. Violin-based score is very well done, and even they are selling it with 3.99$ seperately. Well, they are really proud of the score work, and I agree. But speech has some flaws on recording, even if their actings are good.

And RABBI & JEWISH CULTURE & RABBI TALK. Jewish could be very important community, but their culture is not very popular for everyone, especially for Korean people. Title [Shivah] means 7 days of Jewish funeral, and almost every dialougue has 'Rabbi Style Talk'. It makes player very unique play. And that 'Rabbi Talk' is very important at the end of this game.

One more. This game has Audio Supplements. Player must play twice, to listen to the supplement. Almost every Adventure game doesn't have good things to play twice, but [Shivah] might have.

Well. Game itself is Rabbi mixed with Hard Boiled Noir. They are not very likely combined, but it fits well. And that 'Rabbi Talk' is very interesting. Some puzzles are... not very good, as 'Computer-Fool-does-Email-Hacking', but that's not very big flaws as Adventure Genre.

Recommendable for whom likes Adventure Game, whom wants to enjoy Different taste, whom might be interested in very unfamiliar culture 'Rabbi', ... etc etc. You need to pay 4.99$, but that's not so big.

Where to buy : Wadjet Eye Games
www.wadjeteyegames.com

Re: Shivah #87321
01/07/07 02:00 PM
01/07/07 02:00 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hey mrkwang -- thanks for another fun review. I've been meaning to try this one out -- it does sound different than the typical adventure!

Re: Shivah #87322
01/07/07 02:17 PM
01/07/07 02:17 PM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk
Thanks for an interesting review mrkwang thumbsup

Re: Shivah #87323
01/08/07 08:15 AM
01/08/07 08:15 AM
Seoul
mrkwang Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mrkwang  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Seoul
They released new game [Blackwell Legacy] recently.

I got review copy, just not tried more than 5 minutes.

And it seems to be another FUN thing, even if I experienced just 5 minutes.

Re: Shivah #87324
01/08/07 08:16 AM
01/08/07 08:16 AM
Seoul
mrkwang Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mrkwang  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Seoul
And well, I did an interview with [Shivah] maker Dave Gilbert at Pig-Min. It has English version of the interview below, even if Pig-Min is Korean language webzine. Check it out. smile

http://pig-min.com/tt/256

Re: Shivah #87325
01/08/07 10:18 AM
01/08/07 10:18 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
This one certainly sounds unique. Thanks, Mr. Kwang.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 416 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users