GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Nancy Drew Treasure/Royal Tower #87609
08/24/01 06:44 PM
08/24/01 06:44 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Available at herinteractive.com and other online stores. Have not seen it yet in my mall stores.
For Adventurous Sleuths 10 and up-Mystery #4
Minimum Requirements:
Windows 95, 98,2000, ME and XP
166 MHz Processor
16 MB RAM
150 MB available hard disk space
16 Bit color graphics video card that's compatible with DirectX 7 or highter
8x CD-ROM drive
16 Bit compatible sound card
Mouse and speakers
walkthrough available at gameboomers.com
FAQ's at herinteractive.com
As with the first three ND mystery games there are hints available while playing the game. Saved games available for a younger player who needs them.
2 levels of play Junior Detective and Senior Detective.
You are at a blustery, cold, windy, snowy ski resort in Wisconsin staying in Wickford Castle. Since the storm has ended any ski plans and the inn has very few guests other diversions must be pursued. You are a snoop, and love a good mystery and they seem to find you no matter where you go. Someone has ransacked the beautiful restored library and until the police can come and investigate no one is allowed in it. The hotel manager is short staffed and keeps asking you to run errands for him. One of the other guests, a Professor Hotchkiss, seems a bit batty. The other guest lies about her identity, can she be trusted? And what about that ski instructor? French, he says, but mysterious.
You get stuck in an elevator, bonked on the head, sent on silly errands and mislead, but if you persevere you will discover just what the mystery is all about and solve it.
A missing diamond, ruby, saphire, emerald tiara given to Marie Antoinette by her husband Louis XVI, a missing journal written by the tragic queen, a tower transplanted from France to Wisconsin and incorporated into the Wickford Castle by the owner Ezra Wickford when it was built many years ago, a secret garden buried under the snow drifts, a secret passageway or two and secret compartments to be discovered - all these make for an interesting and intiguing storyline.
My thoughts on this game: While I had problems with the first two mysteries and was put off by them I gave Haunted Mansion a try and thoroughly enjoyed it. So I thought I would attempt this one also and ended up loving it very much. I did not have any prolems with the game technically except that lowering the music and sound effects and raising the dialogue (speech) options did not help me to hear Nancy clearly all the time so I used my headphones which gave me better volume control. This game did not appear to be as linear as the first two and doing something out of order (according to the walkthrough) did not seem to matter much. I give this game a rousing 'thumbs up' and will save it to play again (maybe with my granddaughter when she is a little older).
I started it on the 21st and finished it today so it is not overly long. Had fun wandering around a bit on my own which I am usually too timid to do.
Great Game
Betty Lou

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: Nancy Drew Treasure/Royal Tower #87610
08/25/01 10:00 AM
08/25/01 10:00 AM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Wonderful review Betty Lou. I have played all four of the games and this one is by far the best of the lot. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Would love to wander around that castle for real but not in the winter - I hate snow

I learned a lot about Marie Antionette that I didn't know before and wished I could have read more of the books in the library - but then I always wish I could read more books in a game library than the game lets me <g>

Like you, I highly recommend this game.

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Nancy Drew Treasure/Royal Tower #87611
08/26/01 11:50 PM
08/26/01 11:50 PM
Northern New Jersey, USA
kat165 Offline
Addicted Boomer
kat165  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Northern New Jersey, USA
Excellent review, Betty Lou of an excellent game. I love snow so that just made it even more fun. (Sorry, Syd! But *stay tuned* cause come December I may not be as enchanted with snow as I have been much of my life. My job just moved an hour away so trompping to work in the snow this year may just be too much for this die-hard snowgirl!)

I've just finished Stay Tuned and now am on Secrets Can Kill. I am thoroughly enjoying these games. I'm hardpressed to pick a favorite though right now. Each "chapter" has something going for it!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 316 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users