GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88232 - 07/09/02 08:06 PM Re: Syberia - A Love Song
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks Cheryl,

You have such a warm heart and tender spirit - it is always so wonderful to read your views.

I decided to replay Syberia a couple of days ago I just don't ever replay games that fast EVER. I was so surprised at the nuances that I had missed - even as rapt and attentive as I was the first go around. I realized ....

*******Spoiler Alert***************
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

That what really attracted me to Kate the most was how she freed and enabled each person she interacted with. Momo needed to feel loved, Oscar frozen in procedure - needed humanity, the captain standing an eternal and fruitless watch, The pilot hiding in his bottle - set free to go to the stars... But the one she had the hardest time freeing was herself. Gee I love this story. I have this feeling that like TLJ and a few others - I will learn something new every time I revisit this game. smile

Laura

#88233 - 07/09/02 09:00 PM Re: Syberia - A Love Song
Namma Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: The Middle of the Sonoran Dese...
That's a little ironic Laura. You usually don't play games right away and this time is different. I usually replay games right away but this time I will have to wait a little while. frown

I never was able to get involved in TLJ (okay, who threw that bottle?) as much as I tried.

MORE SPOILER**************

At first it was Momo who drew me into the story. Then I felt somewhat curious about the elusive Hans. Anna's devotion to her brother compelled me further into finding out more. Seeing Oscar become more human throughout their journey was heart lifting. All the characters were quite memorable indeed, but Kate becoming her own person and realizing her own worth was quite magical. There was one particular phone conversation with the boyfriend that I found myself talking to Kate and telling her to dump the Jerk. And I remember telling myself "you don't care for 3rd person games and here you are talking to the characters."

I will be replaying this one again real soon, wish it was now, but really have way too much that I must get done.

Hugs, Cheryl

#88234 - 07/14/02 06:58 PM Re: Syberia - A Love Song
philby Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Rochester NH
Three cheers for Microids......I just finished the game and the 1st thing I said was, I sure hope there will be a sequel to this AWESOME game!....of course after reading Cedrics reply it is going to unbearable waiting for the sequel....I heard that some people could not play the game.....all I have is a measly P II 400 with a Voodoo 4 video card and played great!
Thanks Microids and all the others that worked on the game......
Paul

#88235 - 07/29/02 11:44 AM Re: Syberia - A Love Song
DocPaul Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Georgia USA
I am still working on CD1 of this game, but overall I agree. The graphics are magnificent and do not lose any quality when the cut scenes take over (unlike Schizm). The story is marvelous and I enjoy the slow unfolding of the storyline as Kate discovers journals and letters and such.
I agree with Cheryl about the 3rd person perspective. Normally, I prefer 1st person and detest games with keyboard driven characters (like the awful Time Machine), but this game is a very welcome change. I had been somewhat disappointed when I first found out it was 3rd person and I was apprehensive about the potential stress of trying to master the movement controls, but the point and click method used here makes it easy. The music adds tension and pathos at appropriate points of discovery. It really has been a great game so far, a great blend of the story-driven games of the mid 90s and the graphics quality of the 21st century.

Paul

#88236 - 08/03/02 07:50 PM Re: Syberia - A Love Song
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
WOW!

I don't know which to applaud more: Laura's review or the game itself. Exquisite and evocative writing, Laura! If you don't want to buy the game after reading this review, you don't have the soul of a poet.

Oh yes, and REALLY nice job on the game, Micron... laugh

#88237 - 08/03/02 08:16 PM Re: Syberia - A Love Song
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks Reenie,

I was so impassioned when I wrote this piece. And what dolt ever thought these were "just games" smile

Laura

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Jenny100, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Marian, clevedon, Pandora, GuybrushThreepwood, RebKean, GBC, 1 invisible), 126 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Zorkmid57, StuDapples, SweetLulu, Lion_1251, phimestudio
8978 Registered Users