GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale #888471
05/18/13 04:53 PM
05/18/13 04:53 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I just bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam for 75% off. I chose the standard version for $4.99 and then added the 3 DLC for only $2.72 more. Total of $7.71.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale

Now I'm debating getting the Mass Effect games at Amazon that are also on sale ...

I don't know when I'll get around to playing these games! But the prices are so low--hard to pass up.

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #888476
05/18/13 05:25 PM
05/18/13 05:25 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I know the feeling - such great deals and not enough time to play the games!

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #888479
05/18/13 05:47 PM
05/18/13 05:47 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Woot woot, thanks for letting us know wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #888490
05/18/13 07:15 PM
05/18/13 07:15 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I had a couple of reasons for trying this game. First of all, it's a prequel to the other Deus Ex games--even though it's the latest in the series. So I didn't feel like I needed to buy the other games and play them first. Chronologically, Human Revolution comes first.

The other reason I wanted to try it was because the player has the choice to employ stealth and hacking, not just "murder-death-kill." Not that I'm a particularly stealthy player, but I do remember playing Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood, using that tactic. Very different. Very fun. In Robin Hood, I knocked enemies out and tied them up instead of killing them. Made for a very different type of game. Lots of funny moments too!

I read that for Human Revolution, if you manage to play the whole game without killing humans unnecessarily (there are a few times you have to), you can earn the Pacifist achievement. I imagine that would be a challenge! You are allowed to use a tranquilizer gun though, and robots are fair game. But stealth takes more finesse than plowing your way through with a gun. Sneaking around in Robin Hood was definitely not the easiest way to go!

Last edited by lanlynk; 05/18/13 07:21 PM.

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #888506
05/18/13 09:18 PM
05/18/13 09:18 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Lan, there was another game that had some sneaking in it. I enjoyed that part, but don't remember the game. wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: looney4labs] #888515
05/18/13 10:00 PM
05/18/13 10:00 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Maybe the Thief series? I haven't played those, but I've heard they're good. I think there's another one, but I can't remember what it is. Assassin's Creed?

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #888627
05/19/13 01:15 PM
05/19/13 01:15 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I think it was an adventure game as I know I played the sequence through for several folks.

There was also another game that required hiding in the dark which I didn't enjoy at all. One of these days I'm going to try the Thief series.

-Roger Caras
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #888846
05/20/13 11:19 AM
05/20/13 11:19 AM
florida
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer
bigmamma1  Offline
Settled Boomer

florida
waveBy all means-play the Thief series! I just replayed Thief Gold (the first one)Now playable on WINXP and 7 thanks to GOG. If you like sneaking, these games are designed with dark shadows to hide in, different surfaces that make noise, and inventory items to get past situations with various types of enemies.Lots of challenging fun broccoli
BTW-I just bought Alice Madness Returns with the original American Mcgees Alice for $7.49 at Amazon downloads.Another classic that I've wanted to replay. Have never downloaded from Amazon, but will give this a try-too good to pass up!
Re downloading vs. owning the disk: It looks like we'd better get used to downloading our games as this seems to be the direction the gaming industry is going. One thing I've noticed is that a couple of 10+ year old CDs for games I wanted to replay wont load any more due to "corruption of disk" or some sort of deterioration. With downloading, you dont have this problem. Also you don't have to get bookshelves for all those cases-But what happens 10 years from now to the companies where the games are stored? Could you transfer them to CD/DVD?
What are your thoughts on this?

People do not remember how much you know,only how you make them feel
finished Gray Matter, playing Alice Madness returns and Deponia
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: bigmamma1] #888897
05/20/13 05:18 PM
05/20/13 05:18 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Originally Posted By: bigmamma1
... Have never downloaded from Amazon, but will give this a try-too good to pass up!

Re downloading vs. owning the disk: ... But what happens 10 years from now to the companies where the games are stored? Could you transfer them to CD/DVD?
What are your thoughts on this?

I've downloaded several games from Amazon (Casual, Adventure, and RPG). Never had an issue. Some games required a key, others not. Some of their games are offered with or without DRM, and some are actually Steam versions. Make sure you read the descriptions to choose the version you want.

I like the idea of downloading rather than keeping hardcopies. I don't have to worry about discs. My main issue with downloading, though, is that my internet speed is not very fast. Downloading is a real nuisance. But since I don't have to do it often, I grimace and bear it!

I always keep at least one copy of the game installation files I download. I usually don't burn a CD/DVD, but just store them on an external hard drive. I keep them because I sure don't want to take days to download them a second time if I need/want to install them again (on a new PC, for example) in a couple of years.

As far as 10-20 years down the road--I don't worry too much about that, whether the CDs fail or the companies. Who knows what operating systems we'll have by that time? And the newer games will be so advanced, I can't imagine wanting to go back to play a 20 year old game. Not when there are so many great new ones coming out and so little time to play them all! But that's just me. smile

Last edited by lanlynk; 05/20/13 05:29 PM.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #888918
05/20/13 06:27 PM
05/20/13 06:27 PM
florida
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer
bigmamma1  Offline
Settled Boomer

florida
thank for replying lanlynk

Is an external hard drive the same as a flash drive?

I also have had no problems with games downloaded from other sites-GOG, Greenman,ect. I also downloaded Deus Ex Human Rev from Steam a while ago for $4.99, but havn't installed it yet. Loved both Deus Ex and Invisible war- hope H.R. is as great.

Got Portal 1 & 2 from Steam-both for $6.24 and Mass Effect 2 from Greenman for 4.99. At these prices too good to pass up, but when will I play them all??

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: bigmamma1] #888923
05/20/13 07:06 PM
05/20/13 07:06 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
An external hard drive is larger than a flash drive, but still connects through a USB using a cable. It's basically like a drive you have installed inside your computer, except that it can be portable and moved to different computers if you want. It can hold a lot more data since it can be 500 GB, 1 TB, etc. It's mainly used for storage, but you can actually run programs from it too.

Sounds like you've found some great buys! Always exciting. Deus Ex will be a different type of game for me. I'm still debating about buying Mass Effect. Did you play the first game, or are you just going to do ME 2? I heard it's the best of the trilogy.

I usually don't buy games when they first come out. I know I miss the thrill of that first "buzz," but I also miss all the bugs that have to be worked out with the initial release. I let the young folks pave the way with all that! Most of the time I wait until the prices go down, maybe a year or two.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #889281
05/22/13 02:24 PM
05/22/13 02:24 PM
florida
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer
bigmamma1  Offline
Settled Boomer

florida
waveHello again
Thanks for the info-I will definitely get an external drive to store all these games on.

I also wait awhile to buy games-like to read reviews and see when price comes down. Also read about glitches if any. The most frustrating thing in the world is being unable to load or finish a game because of a problem, or spending hours trying to find a solution smashpc

I only got Mass Effect 2 because the reviews all say that's the best one and I have plenty of great games waiting to be played or replayed smile

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: bigmamma1] #889575
05/24/13 04:57 AM
05/24/13 04:57 AM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
bigmamma1:
I've been watching a forum over at Steam for a game that just came out yesterday from an indie publisher. A lot of hype going on there! Some players are praising the game and offering suggestions, a few are complaining about the bugs, while others are just asking for help. The game reps and developers are rushing around trying to answer posts, relaying bug reports, troubleshooting, marking problems as fixed. crazy

Can you imagine how excited the developers are to have their game out, working so hard to make it a success for the players? Nevertheless, I'll just enjoy the excitement from the sidelines right now!

I think I'll probably just get Mass Effect 2 also--at some point. Playing the whole series would be a huge time commitment.

Just got Deus Ex: Human Revolution and DLC installed. Opened up fine. I love the music! But I better get back to Skyrim. I left my Redguard somewhere spying on the Thalmor.

I also started playing Lost Horizon. I like to alternate between an adventure game and an RPG. Mix things up a bit.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #889630
05/24/13 11:05 AM
05/24/13 11:05 AM
florida
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer
bigmamma1  Offline
Settled Boomer

florida
waveHello Lan
I am wavering between installing Alice Madness Returns and Human Revolution-both games I've had on my wish list.Right now am finishing up Sherlock Holmes Silver Earring(stuck in the maze)
Played Lost Horizon recently-a beautifully designed game, ran smoothly.

I too like to alternate between action/RPG and slower paced Adventure. Just finished replaying my all time favorite Thief Dark Project but this time the Gold version which includes 3 additional looong levels-took forever.

I think Human Revolution will be very intense-Glad to hear it's working well.Tally-Ho! thumbsup

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: bigmamma1] #889683
05/24/13 04:26 PM
05/24/13 04:26 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Glad to hear the good word on Lost Horizon. I've just started it, but so far, it's great.

I got side-tracked playing Skyrim a couple of weeks ago. Started working in the Creation Kit. Did some tweaks on my Hearthfire home and made a special light armor set for my Redguard based on the Hammerfell tunic clothes.

I've never played the Alice games. Something different! Have fun with whichever you choose.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #890256
05/27/13 01:00 PM
05/27/13 01:00 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Oh boy! I missed that sale. I have Deus Ex: Human Revolution in PS 3 and love the game but I never played the DLCs. If I had not missed it I would have bought game and DLCs.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steam Sale [Re: lanlynk] #890258
05/27/13 01:06 PM
05/27/13 01:06 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sorry, mcc. Maybe it will come around again. wave

-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 46 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon, Kira_R
9387 Registered Users