GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
A Short Oblivion Review #89163
09/30/06 03:42 PM
09/30/06 03:42 PM
Massachusetts
+Oblivion+ Offline OP
Settled Boomer
+Oblivion+  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Massachusetts
What can I say? If you have not tried or atleast heard Oblivion then you must live in a cave! As you all know Oblivion came out about a couple months ago. Suprised to find no reviews about it, I wrote one myself.

Oblivion by +Oblivion+ lol

Oblivion is a great RPG that redifined the entire category itself. With awesome graphics, sound, better fighting system, new things that you can do since it's last installment,Morrowind.

GRAPHICS:
The graphics in this game rocked! Unfortunately, if you don't have a "tricked" out computer then it might not turn out to well for you. Fortunately my computer is "tricked" out, laugh . Anyways, the graphics are so good I almost get scared looking at people with their beautiful facial expressions, they wink, grin or frown wether they like you or not, and even do their own things like eating, reading, and sleeping.Sometimes there's nothing more rewarding then traveling up to dive rock and look at all tamerial, then there's also commiting suicide by jumping off and plunging down into the lower depths, how peacefull lol Overall, i gave graphics an A+.

AI:
The AI in Oblivion is also breathtakingl. Characters now have their own 24 hour schedules! They sleep, talk, eat, sell,read,paint,and more. For instance , if you go on youtube, you can find a vid. of one of the characters (city-swimmer) randomly stealing bread from a poor pheasant. Then the guards chased and killed her in her house!!! I would write alot more about AI, but I'm afraid if i tried, i would be here all day talking about it!Although sometimes i found some of the people to be sluggish, no big deal though. I give AI an A.

NEW FIGHTING SYSTEM:

The new fighting system rocks!Unlike Morrowind where you had to have a certain level to aim at least well enough to kill a crab lol ! Now it is point- and -click action, at first i wasn't sure about this, but trust me folks, it was a change for the better!And also now all apponents are ranged to your skill. This is nice when you are doing certain quests to kill the almighty big baddy without having to train for hours! I give the new fighting system an A+.

SOUND:
The music and sounds in Oblivion were very good. They even used the guy from star treck (Patrick Stewart) to do the beginning intro voice and the voice of Uriel Septim! And finally PEOPLE ACTUALLY TALK NOW!!! I used to hate in morrownid how you needed to read dialouge! The music was great, although i felt there could be more addition. I give sound a A.

EXPANSION:

Oblivion has mods that you can purchase through the net! You can even go to tessource.net and download free mods. With over so much room for expansion, i give expansion an A++!

OVERALL: I think Oblivion is a game everyone should atleast try. It deffinetly has alot to offer. It was so great I was left wanting for more! I give The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion an A+. thumbsup

If you want the requirements..... go look at the back of the box, I'm not your maid!! laugh Just Kidding

Minnimum System Requirments:
Windows XP
512MB System Ram
2Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivelant processor
128MB Direct #D compatible video card and Direct X 9.0 compatible driver

8x DVD ROM: 4.GB free (Hard Disk)

Direct X 8.1 soundcard
And of course a Keyboard & Mouse

Re: A Short Oblivion Review #89164
09/30/06 09:03 PM
09/30/06 09:03 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks +Oblivion+ for the enthusiastic review.
They obviously made improvements to Morrowind.

Are you still playing? I understand it is a very open ended game where you can continue to play long after the main quest is finished?

wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: A Short Oblivion Review #89165
09/30/06 10:03 PM
09/30/06 10:03 PM
Massachusetts
+Oblivion+ Offline OP
Settled Boomer
+Oblivion+  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Massachusetts
Yes actually i am still playing. You can play after the main quest is finished, you get a privellage at the end so if you do something bad and you get a low bounty for it, the guards will ignore it smile . If it wasn't for tessource i would not have been playin for the past 2 months!! I had the game the day it came out and have played it atleast almost every other day!

Re: A Short Oblivion Review #89166
09/30/06 10:46 PM
09/30/06 10:46 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
I think you liked it! lol It sounds like a lovingly-crafted, HUGE game.

Thanks for the review!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 249 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users