GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#895555 - 06/19/13 09:49 AM "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
The prince of darkness returns today in "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon".

You can view the screenshots here.

You may view the trailer here.

You can access the Official Website here.

Quote:
"DRACULA 4: THE SHADOW OF THE DRAGON":
SHIVERS AND INVESTIGATION IN THE ART INDUSTRY
Montreuil, June 19th, 2013. Microids’ adventure label (from French publisher Anuman Interactive) announces the launch of the fourth title of the adventure video game saga "Dracula" on PC and Mac. Mobile versions (iOS and Android) will be available soon.

More than ten years after the first episode was released, the Prince of Darkness is back in this first person adventure game, full of puzzles and mysteries. With more than one and a half million games sold throughout the world, the Dracula saga has conquered the players’ hearts.

Today, "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" strives after the same success as the first trilogy and uses the adventure games published by Microids specific ingredients, i.e. a catchy plot, quick thinking puzzles, charismatic characters and a supernatural atmosphere.
In "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon", players embody Ellen Cross, an art restorer assigned by the New York Metropolitan Museum to identify a masterpiece that has just reappeared in Budapest. A few months earlier, this masterpiece along with its collection had mysteriously disappeared at sea.

The investigation begins and leads Ellen Cross on a journey around the world (Turkey, Hungary, England, USA…) where she will meet enigmatic characters such as Adam B. Stoker, the famous novelist’s great grandson…

At the beginning of the game, players can choose to run a Prologue (to learn the basic commands) or to directly start the investigation in Whitby’s Castle, in England.

Two game modes are then available:
 The Casual mode (for casual players) includes a help system in the adventure. Markers indicate the places to visit.

 On the opposite, the Adventure mode offers the opportunity to play without any help or indication, is more difficult and relies on more challenges.

Thanks to a 360 degree first person view, players move in 3D environments where they must observe and think quickly to solve the puzzles on their way.

For this, they can use a quick inventory allowing them to equip an object and use it during the game (for instance, the black light helps studying the masterpieces Ellen is about to discover).

The Full inventory lists all the objects that Ellen will pick up during her adventure and makes it possible to combine some of them together (associate wax with the Metropolitan Museum stamp, to seal an art work for instance).

Also, Ellen’s journal helps the players to register important information during the adventure (press clipping, goals, transcription of discussions…) as the first aid kit contains the heroin’s medication and specific dose.
Players will learn that Ellen Cross is affected by a severe disease that weakens her.

Consequently, they will have to regularly combine and use the medication to restore Ellen’s health, or they won’t be able to carry out specific actions. This constraint encourages players to pay close attention to their character and helps embody her.
Finally, players can unlock more than twenty trophies and try to improve their score during the adventure. Players who will finish the game quickly with as little help as possible will be rewarded.

"Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" is available as of June 19th, 2013 on PC and Mac, in digital version and in English, French, Italian, Spanish and German. Mobile versions (iOS and Android) will be available soon.

A JOURNEY AROUND THE GLOBE
During the adventure, the players and Ellen Cross will travel around the world to find answers to their questions, from the streets of New York, to the charm of England, with the mystery of Istanbul…

A real investigation around the globe awaits them!

Is "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" meant for a wide audience or only adventure video game fans?

« Unlike previous titles that were sometimes too difficult, we have been willing to create a game where each player can experience the adventure as he wishes. For all the adventure game casual players, a Casual mode allows them to enjoy the story without being stuck for too long, thanks to markers and the possibility to skip the puzzles. On the contrary, for the fans, an Adventure mode makes it possible to live the adventure without any help. This is why Dracula 4 is a “customizable” game that every player can enjoy.»

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

#895557 - 06/19/13 09:51 AM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

I recommend that the gamer verify if their computer can play the game. It is very graphics heavy.

#895561 - 06/19/13 09:54 AM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks MaG! Good to know!

They stated that the minimum is:

CPU: 2 Ghz
RAM: 2 GB
Video: 1 GB
Directx 9.0C / OpenGL

#895562 - 06/19/13 09:57 AM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thank you for the information. smile

#895589 - 06/19/13 01:52 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks very much MaG and BrownEyedTigre smile

I've been looking for the disk version but haven't been able to find it on sale anywhere whistle

Hopefully someone will post on this thread who has !! laugh

#895596 - 06/19/13 02:17 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
I'm downloading from The Adventure Shop, Mad-£16.99, could be ages before a disk version is released, been waiting for this one, "resistance is futile" eek

#895601 - 06/19/13 02:44 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: Upsydaisy]
dorish Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Whitby, Ontario, Canada
You Have to be a dr Who Dalek fan. With regards to the game, I am beginning to feel the same way.

Doreen

#895604 - 06/19/13 03:26 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

There will be a retail version eventually but at the moment it's download.

#895611 - 06/19/13 03:46 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
There will be a retail version eventually but at the moment it's download.

Thanks Sheriff but from where? There isn't a web site for the game is there?

#895619 - 06/19/13 04:07 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

You can download from the Adventure Shop on the top of the forum.

Ana wave

#895642 - 06/19/13 05:48 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Sheriff

Wonder why to web page?

#895644 - 06/19/13 05:52 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

THere is the same webpage as before. You can access it here. It is not fully operational yet but it's getting there.

#895645 - 06/19/13 05:55 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Sheriff
Maybe I will wait and make this the first adventure game I play on my new machine that should be here soon. But it will be hard waiting

Edited by GreyFuss (06/19/13 05:56 PM)

#895647 - 06/19/13 05:59 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

woot Congrats Greyfuss! You should be able to transfer the save folder when the new one gets here so you can really see the difference in performance. yay

#895656 - 06/19/13 07:06 PM Re: "Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon" Released [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Just played for an hour, lovely game! plays fine on 512MB graphics card. happydance

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (Haroula, Donald, curly, kjos), 82 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat, AppyLover
8504 Registered Users