GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#907984 - 08/15/13 02:02 PM Difference between HOPA and IHOG?
Dreamer1990 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi, the majority of answers for this (via Google) were at BFG, but the forum is down for maintenance, so I cannot see the answers.

I think that they mean "Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure" and "Interactive Hidden Object Game," but I'm not entirely sure?

I don't mind hidden objects where you have to, say, combine tea leaves and water to make tea, or polish shoes to have "polished shoes."

I'm not big on hidden objects being the only source of adventure, however, which is why I didn't list HOG.

I love the Awakening, Otherworld, and Drawn series, but I'm not sure what they classify as?

Thank you, and if this is in the wrong thread or has been asked, my apologies. smile

#907990 - 08/15/13 02:47 PM Re: Difference between HOPA and IHOG? [Re: Dreamer1990]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Ihog means that you have inventory items as well as hidden objects. A hopa means it is a heavy puzzle game as well as hidden objects.

#908079 - 08/16/13 04:34 AM Re: Difference between HOPA and IHOG? [Re: Dreamer1990]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
i like hopa games. It makes the game more interesting with puzzles.

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (BobH, sanford, Robert Gault, Bristol, Pokey, looney4labs, Sherlock, Marian, Pandora, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users