GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#929571 - 12/13/13 10:51 AM GOG Giveaway: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Fallout games for free

There is approximately 22 hours left to get these games for free, so go for it!

thumbsup wave

#929575 - 12/13/13 11:07 AM Re: GOG Giveaway: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks for the reminder, Marian !! laugh laugh

#929578 - 12/13/13 11:15 AM Re: GOG Giveaway: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free [Re: Marian]
traveler Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Be sure to read this if you want the Fallout games.

And they add: "We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards"

Just so you know going in that you might run into some temporary problems.

Gil.

#929580 - 12/13/13 11:19 AM Re: GOG Giveaway: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free [Re: traveler]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thanks, Gil. My advice is to get the games for free and download them next year. That's my plan, anyway. grin

#929581 - 12/13/13 11:20 AM Re: GOG Giveaway: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free [Re: Marian]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Marian.

Gil,it's good they are being open about the problem. wave

#929583 - 12/13/13 11:24 AM Re: GOG Giveaway: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free [Re: looney4labs]
traveler Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
I imagine it's self defense, L4L. lol

Have you seen their new 30 day money back guarantee?
GOG is honestly the best site ever!

Gil.

#929627 - 12/13/13 02:46 PM Re: GOG Giveaway: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free [Re: Marian]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: West Vancouver, B.C. Canada
GOG is the best. If I didn't already have two copies of Fallout 1 and 2, including the GOG versions, you can bet I'd be going for this offer.

For those of you who haven't played these games, go for it. I don't like turn-based combat as a rule, but I loved these games.

#929644 - 12/13/13 03:55 PM Re: GOG Giveaway: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free [Re: Marian]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't have these classics, but was always tempted to get them.

I haven't been playing many games the last few months--got out of the habit when we had company for most of the summer. But I'm sure I'll start in again at some point. Can't keep a good gamer down. lol

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (J. King, Koala, Marian, deleterman, gymcandy1, flutist, BrownEyedTigre, traveler, Sherlock, The Haze), 73 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users