GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#950252 - 04/15/14 10:08 PM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sly One Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Good Job Ana....congratulations! Yay!

Barbara

#950264 - 04/15/14 11:30 PM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Ana, I might have missed the "party", but I'm here to join in on the FUN. MAG, thanks for your FANTASTIC WT, but why did it take you so long to post it? LOL Happy Gaming, everybody, and enjoy MOEBIUS.
Sandy

#950289 - 04/16/14 04:49 AM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Congrats Ana. My kind of game!

#950309 - 04/16/14 06:48 AM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Butcher Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Larnaca, Cyprus
I am not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but there is a 20% discount code if you get the game from the Phoenix Online Store:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg/posts

R.I.P Cliff Burton

#950347 - 04/16/14 10:45 AM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
John Walker on Rock, Paper, Shotgun gave Moebius a...well, let's call it a less than sterling review.
Whether you agree with him or not, he's certainly entertaining. grin

Btw, don't read this if you don't care wot he thinks and definitely mean to play it.
There are spoilers.

Gil.

Edited by traveler (04/16/14 10:50 AM)
Edit Reason: warning of spoilers

#950353 - 04/16/14 11:42 AM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: traveler]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Thanks traveler, I had read that excuse for a review earlier - I got the impression the reviewer was in a bad mood at the time or like a lot of 'old skool' AG fans criticises everything that doesn't fit the criteria of AGs they've enjoyed in the past! lol He is a very good descriptive writer (seriously) as you can tell from his reviews of the most recent South Park, Lego & Barbie games. Yes he has also reviewed favourably a couple of other more recent AG games but his comments about the story-line in Moebius are so hypocritical as he seemed to really like Thief which he also described as having a ***** story but really enjoyed because of other non-adventure elements! So please take no notice of that review folks as the game is gorgeous!

Edited by chrissie (04/16/14 12:08 PM)

#950376 - 04/16/14 01:17 PM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

I totally cracked up, chrissie, when he said that (something in the game) caused his brain to crawl out of his head into a corner and shoot itself.
Like him or not, John Walker definitely has a way with words. lol

Gil.

#950392 - 04/16/14 02:38 PM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: traveler]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

I think this is the quote you are referring to traveler! rotfl
"And so begin their adventures, as they attempt to identify a woman who might be a bit like some other woman from history, for a reason so stupid that upon its reveal my brain crawled out of my head, into a corner, and shot itself."

Okay, that was a funny comment but not very professional - and I'm really not interested in self-indulgent & opinionated views from a reviewer who can't leave them out & can't just get on with using their excellent writing skills to present the pros & cons of a game in balance!

Edited by chrissie (04/16/14 02:43 PM)

#950407 - 04/16/14 03:32 PM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA

#950408 - 04/16/14 03:35 PM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Quite honestly, I feel as though we are reading two different reviews because I did not find it entertaining at all.

Ana

#950415 - 04/16/14 03:56 PM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: Jenny100]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Jenny100 for the links to the reviews - I've read through some of them just for now but will get around to reading the rest!

I think it's going to be one of those games BrownEyedTigre that you either love or hate? already reflected in some of the reviews!

#950450 - 04/16/14 06:24 PM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: chrissie]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: chrissie

I'm really not interested in self-indulgent & opinionated views from a reviewer who can't leave them out & can't just get on with using their excellent writing skills to present the pros & cons of a game in balance!

Well, you know, reviews are opinions and subjective by their very nature.
It is the player's experience of the game you get in a review.
I can't really figure out why you called this review "self-indulgent".
In what way?
Could it be that he was so hot because he had expected so much more than he evidently got?

You are predisposed to like Moebius from the sound of things.
From my encounter with the demo (which I didn't finish because it was really so bad, IMO) I am not.
We all have our outlooks on things, our opinionated views.
From what I saw in the demo, mine just happens to be closer to John Walker's.

And now I'm off to play through Part 1 of The Serpent's Curse again, so I can get on with Part 2 and see if Revolution is going to bring it off after a rather tepid (IMO) start.
I backed them because I thought they could create a fun and worthy sequel to BS 1 and 2.
I hope they did and I'll know before too long.

Gil.

#950523 - 04/17/14 03:53 AM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: traveler]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: traveler

It is the player's experience of the game you get in a review.
I can't really figure out why you called this review "self-indulgent".
In what way?
Could it be that he was so hot because he had expected so much more than he evidently got?

Yes, I do agree that it is the player's experience that you get in a review & for the most part the review included a good description of the game. But there is a difference between having an opinion, a personal point of view & being opinionated where the blinkers are on to any others which shouldn't turn up in a professional review. I found the review self-indulgent in that it contained quite a few spoilers obviously included to add more (unnecessary) weight to his 'argument' against the game with no thought for anyone who wants to play the game (maybe he thought no-one would want to after reading his review!) and the choice of words used + the lack of any positive points included in the closing paragraph! I think that's sad after all of the thought, time & effort that's gone into the game.

Only the reviewer can answer that last question but I found the negative review on GameSpot more balanced & much fairer!

Originally Posted By: traveler
You are predisposed to like Moebius from the sound of things.
From my encounter with the demo (which I didn't finish because it was really so bad, IMO) I am not.
We all have our outlooks on things, our opinionated views.
From what I saw in the demo, mine just happens to be closer to John Walker's.

Yes, I am predisposed to like Moebius as I am for most AGs that I choose to buy - there's very few that I end up not liking!

I haven't got very far with Moebius yet but to be honest I was truly shocked at the poor character modelling in the 1st playable scene & how they stood out from what I thought was a lovely background. But from that scene on I found a big improvement in that the characters gelled more with the backgrounds, a lot of attention had been paid to gestures & poses & a certain stylization of them became apparent (to me).

No, not everyone is going to like this game!

Edited by chrissie (04/17/14 05:15 AM)

#950588 - 04/17/14 10:07 AM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
A list of reviews can be found here.

Ana wave

#950596 - 04/17/14 10:41 AM Re: Paranormal Adventure Game "Moebius: Empire Rising" Now Available for PC/Mac - Live Launch Party 4/15 [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (Cathy1, granny, Iurii, HeavenlyJoy, Lex, Koala), 65 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind, maggieann
8524 Registered Users